Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2015, 12:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlingpin View Post
Why do Canadians get so upset when you mention their accents? I have never seem a people with so much shame over how they speak. Canadians absolutely DO say aboot, why deny it??
Who said I was upset aboot discussing our accents? Who is denying it? Not I. I'm aboot as Canadian as you can get and will readily admit to not being of the we'se the bye's that builds de boots and we'se the buy's that sails 'em part of the country but nonetheless speaking differently than some. I don't sound lower slobbovian, what of it?

A discussion requires input of hitherto unrevealed facts or opinions. Does your silly offering present anything that hasn't been discussed to death already in this dead thread form 2009 or is it your obsession with inane, repetitive nonsense that we're obligated to service lest we be accused of being ashamed?

Come up with something new dud or give your head a shake. Oh, sorry, I spelled dude wrong. There might possibly be a thread in that alone for your ilk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 01:44 PM

800 posts, read 730,356 times
Do you actually speak like that? People must look at you weird if you do. You trying to hard sound smart. Hitherto?

Ok Shakespeare.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:05 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Do you actually speak like that? People must look at you weird if you do. You trying to hard sound smart. Hitherto?

Ok Shakespeare.
Hitherto is a perfectly good word for literate 21st century English speakers.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Hitherto is a perfectly good word for literate 21st century English speakers.
More like for message board try hardS

Old 05-23-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:

Ok Shakespeare.
Do you mean people must look at me "as though I am weird" or did you really mean people look at me while looking weird themselves. The former; couldn't give a rats azz, the latter; I find that temporarily entertaining, people looking weird and all. Don't you?

Now, as to sounding smart, however would you know?

Old 05-23-2015, 09:03 PM

Because you clearly want to seem intelligent just by using big words. You disagree but have to go out of your way to speak like thesaurus. Maybe it's your online shtick and your own quirkiness. Whatever. We disagree. And that's ok.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:29 PM

I do think you are a weirdo though. When I read your posts I picture comic book guy from the Simpsons. Do you happen to look like that?

Old 05-24-2015, 03:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Scottish people say the oot and Aboot pronunciation.
But as we are on accents why does a certain part of Usa put a non existant R in their words like water and wash become warter a warsh and other American demographic dont use an R at all as chowda and wata , then theres that much more interesting Paula Dean way of southern talking,or the hillbillies and their way of talking or the ebonics dialect,yet we have Americans coming onto the Canadian forum continually being obsessed with this non existent oot and aboot nonsense when their own culture has a much more rich and diverse compilation of accents to study.

Last edited by jambo101; 05-24-2015 at 04:35 AM..

Old 05-24-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
I do think you are a weirdo though. When I read your posts I picture comic book guy from the Simpsons. Do you happen to look like that?
Aaah; that little revelation has given me all the confirmation I need to attach no import to your opinion whatsoever....the Simpsons. A major part of your entertainment intake? Let me guess...Butt-head and Beavis were, mayhaps still your heros?

The picture I have of you involves your mum's basement with audio provided by the imagined gurgling sound of her water heater.

We're all abooot having fun now. eh?

Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Scottish people say the oot and Aboot pronunciation.
But as we are on accents why does a certain part of Usa put a non existant R in their words like water and wash become warter a warsh and other American demographic dont use an R at all as chowda and wata , then theres that much more interesting Paula Dean way of southern talking,or the hillbillies and their way of talking or the ebonics dialect,yet we have Americans coming onto the Canadian forum continually being obsessed with this non existent oot and aboot nonsense when their own culture has a much more rich and diverse compilation of accents to study.
When one considers the effort these nardo's put into searching for long dead threads to resurrect and commit themselves to creating multiple personna's purely to re-generate the acrimonious tone they must have gleaned from wasting further time reading these long dead threads, it frankly beggars the imagination as to how they are able to function in any kind of productive interactive way with their peers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada