Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:58 AM

91 posts, read 196,110 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
I had created a thread on going to work at a Burger King in wandering river, Alberta.
Many mentioned the fact that the law changed(after I made the thread) and that I should look into it.

Well, you are right.
So now I cannot go and work there because of Mr Kinney's belief. But I need to vent and need some opinion at that.

See,
After studying for two years and doing everything possible to immerse myself in the local culture(which I am sure you will never see with most immigrants) I believed I had what it takes to be a Canadian, not to mention add my value to the economy and country.
After school I worked a real job, paid my taxes duly and never went on welfare even when I was broke and out of work- well, it did become very bad and I did to to see if I qualified and I didn't. But I did get a job again and repaid my rent and everything. When I left to go back home I didn't have much in the bank to show for, just experience and memories.

Now, I am back and with a business idea. I am confident it can work and even if it fails, I'd rather I tried and didn't succeed as a young man. I did all research and I am still very confidant that my business will do me wonders, it will do society wonders and it might even create jobs for the future(I made a business plan for that far a dream).

Meanwhile most of my Canadian friends did nothing except play video games and sit at home. I am not criticizing anyone nor am I making anything up. I, as a human being am motivated at this stage to take this risk.

What do I do? I have to become a PR in order to start my business. I can apply under the start up visa where the rule is that I find a Canadian angel investor to invest 75k in my business. As simple as that. Except I don't want anyone else to get involved in my business(I've read some horror stories). I've scheduled a meeting with two angels in downtown tomorrow.

Do you have any suggestions? Find a girl and marry? Would hookers qualify. I was drunk last night and had this thought of hiring her, and paying her a good lump sum and asking her to play along. That is how desperate I am.

I am not here to take anyone's jobs. I can speak fantastic english(and broken French) and I was well adjusted in every society I lived in(lived in Ottawa, north bay and now Toronto). And I believe my business will create more jobs someday, whilst it will provide good tax to the nation right away.

What must a honest, well meaning, human being do? Why wasn't I born a refugee in Somalia, I curse myself. They just walk in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 PM

681 posts, read 1,560,314 times
So I'm confused... in a different thread you claimed that your uncle is a millionaire neurosurgeon.... why don't you just ask him for a "loan"?? If a family member won't lend you the money, then it might suggest that your business idea isn't as viable as you think...

Also - fairly offensive to "wish" you were born a Somalian refugee... do you have any IDEA of what those poor people have had to endure??? But oh yes.. whoa is you, who could clearly afford several trans-atlantic flights and a post-secondary education in Canada...

By all means marry that hooker. Sounds like you might find your soul mate.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:56 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
I'm not understanding why you cant just go through a regular immigration process like many others do..

Old 05-02-2014, 02:25 PM

91 posts, read 196,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm not understanding why you cant just go through a regular immigration process like many others do..
But under what category?

Old 05-02-2014, 03:14 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi851 View Post
But under what category?
I have no idea but lots of people do it and they certainly dont look like they have a lot of money..
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Old 05-05-2014, 02:06 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
It's all about health care. Americans find it very, very difficult to immigrate into any country, because when those countries see an American, they see a Health Care Refugee, and they are not interested in having you come and take advantage of their superior health care system at a cost that is intended to benefit their own citizens and residents.

Americans, to put it bluntly, are in Health Care Prison, serving life sentences, and the only way out is to swim through crocodiles.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It's all about health care. Americans find it very, very difficult to immigrate into any country, ........
Rishi851 isn't from America, he's from India.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:07 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Rishi851 isn't from America, he's from India.

How did you determine that fact from his post?

Old 05-06-2014, 04:35 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,524,598 times
As he mentioned in the OP, he wrote another thread earlier on about a job in Wandering River Alberta.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
First off if you are going to start a business then working at burger king in wandering river has two major flaws the first being that you would make more money working in the energy sector since the patch aka Fort McMurray pays a six-figure salary and is always looking for skilled trades people and two wandering river is not really a place to find many people to help you build a start up small business due to the fact it has 100 people and most people in the area are working in the oil and gas sector.

I mean you would need to live in a major city depending on what you sector your business is in and pretty much Toronto/GTA, Montreal, Vancouver, and to a smaller degree Calgary and Edmonton as well as Ottawa are where most small business are located due to the fact that it office and manufacturing space is available and the fact that they have people that have experience and skills in the fields and past experience working in similar occupations you plan start a business in which is also helpful.

I mean not to discourage you since you are trying to start a business and ha and have a idea and are trying to make it happen and no matter what you have an idea and are willing to take a risks to try and make it a reality but if you if you really want to live in Canada.

It is hard and a long process esp. if you lack the funds necessary to get your business stated and you may have to go back to school try to find investors or go get a in demand job/skilled trade to get help you be fast tracked to get your PR status.

Last edited by GTOlover; 05-06-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada