Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Stay Canadian or become American?
FIGHT FOR CANADA! 65 64.36%
Become an American 36 35.64%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,786,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Why do some of you guys insist on asking this? You are asking people who for the most part, have a very positive view of America, and Americans. You ask Canadians, one of Americas last true allies, what they would do?

What kind of question is this? We're going to fight.

You wouldn't fight for your country? Do you seriously think America is so superior that we'd just choose the "obvious" choice? Who the **** wants to be part of a country that just goes around annexing whomever the **** it feels like?

What is it you're looking for here?

We answer "side with the US", and we're just a bunch of ******* who roll over at the tap of a feather, just like you thought. We answer "fight for Canada", and we're typical anti-American Canadians, just like you thought.

Let me put it this way for you:

I don't give two flying ****s about those videos you posted. And here's why: If you think 30-40 million super poor folks in the middle east, basically chucking rocks at you are wearing you down to the nub, driving your economy into the ground, then you'd better be ready for 2 of the bloodiest decades of gorilla warfare, on a scale America has never seen, and will never see again. You would be going against a modern, healthy, wealthy population, littered with hunters and gun enthusiasts. Would the US win? Knocking out obvious mass military and government targets from the air is a definite win for the US within less then a month. Of that, I have no doubt.

Get your boots on the ground, and things are going to change. Rapidly.

You think the current "war on terrorism" is tanking your economy? What's going to happen to it when you invade your LARGEST TRADING PARTNER? What's going to happen when, well, any country on the globe that matters, cuts all ties with America due to the invasion? What's going to happen when America is not only fighting Canada, and her citizens, but every major power on the face of the Earth? Because I'll tell you right now, nobody is going to just sit around and let America walts over Canada. Nobody. That includes American citizens. Do you really think there would be support for these actions within your own country?
Gimmie a ****ing break.

An overwhelmingly large percentage of Americans would never approve of this, and I wouldn't be surprised if the invasion of Canada, meant the break up and dismantling of the United States of America as the world knows it today.

So you guys go for it. Put that gun to your country's head, and pull the trigger.

*ahem* Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Good post, Magna.

(*Ahem* Just one thing:You sho' do like using that there F word, don't cha? (I just know that's what all them little stars are for). I do understand, though. Some of these here posters are enough ta make a preacher cuss!)

You listen to me, now: you's gettin' yo'self all jacked up over something they call hy-po-the-ti-cal. It ain't for real, boy. It's all just pre-tend. Ya catchin' what I'm throwin'?

Don't take it so serious. Why, that OP's all hat, no cattle. So dumb he'd throw himself ta the ground and miss!

Now, go on n git happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 10:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,358,530 times
This oughtta be good.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:28 AM

11,233 posts, read 16,342,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Good post, Magna.

(*Ahem* Just one thing:You sho' do like using that there F word, don't cha? (I just know that's what all them little stars are for). I do understand, though. Some of these here posters are enough ta make a preacher cuss!)

You listen to me, now: you's gettin' yo'self all jacked up over something they call hy-po-the-ti-cal. It ain't for real, boy. It's all just pre-tend. Ya catchin' what I'm throwin'?

Don't take it so serious. Why, that OP's all hat, no cattle. So dumb he'd throw himself ta the ground and miss!

Now, go on n git happy!

I'll have you know there were words that started with "P" and "S" in there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
This oughtta be good.

Nah, Bru. It's all in good fun.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I'll have you know there were words that started with "P" and "S" in there as well.

Nah, Bru. It's all in good fun.
You're a better person than I Gungha Din! I rise to those like a speckled trout to a well placed dry fly.

Resurrecting a month old thread to patronizingly admonish you over a post made early on in the thread seemed a bit condescending. Throwing in the "boy" for good measure was the icing on the cake for me.

Yours to call though.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:15 PM

She wrote it like a redneck. I can't take that seriously. lol

I did get riled up, so she's not far off the mark.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,786,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You're a better person than I Gungha Din! I rise to those like a speckled trout to a well placed dry fly.

Resurrecting a month old thread to patronizingly admonish you over a post made early on in the thread seemed a bit condescending. Throwing in the "boy" for good measure was the icing on the cake for me.

Yours to call though.
You need to get a freaking sense of humor, do you know that, BruSan? Honestly, do you take EVERYTHING in life so seriously? And you really want Mag to be all riled up, don't you?

Do you not realize that I wrote that post with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek? I mean, I ACTUALLY have to tell you that? Good grief. Mag knew I was pulling his leg.

I wanted to make Magna smile - or, even better, laugh. Did it work even a little, Mag?

BruSan, you can continue through life being quick to anger. Apparently you're very happy that way.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 07-06-2014 at 05:52 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Yes, I laughed lol

Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You need to get a freaking sense of humor, do you know that, BruSan? Honestly, do you take EVERYTHING in life so seriously? And you really want Mag to be all riled up, don't you?

Do you not realize that I wrote that post with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek? I mean, I ACTUALLY have to tell you that? Good grief. Mag knew I was pulling his leg.

I wanted to make Magna smile - or, even better, laugh. Did it work even a little, Mag?

BruSan, you can continue through life being quick to anger. Apparently you're very happy that way.
Wow! Pot lecturing the kettle mayhaps?

Here's a clue for you. I have not made it a practice to follow your posting history, neither do I take "everything in life so seriously" and NO I do not want Magna to get all riled up. Your post, after a month of this thread being dormant responding to a post by Magna that occurred much earlier in the thread seemed to be using a sarcastic method of admonishment that could be easily construed by anyone to be a patronizing method of rejoinder.

Tell me truthfully it is your belief someone jumping onto this thread fresh out of the gate MAY not have the same degree of confusion.

Perhaps Magna knows your posting style better than I from reading more of your submissions.

Finally; for someone accusing me of a natural state of bitterness and being happy that way you sure can bring on the stinging nettles as someone more than having a surface familiarity with the process.

To reiterate; Magnatomiflux is a better person than I for NOT assuming you meant your post to be a condescending shot. I did assume that and was obviously mistaken now that you say you were joking.

Ease up there; you've more than cleared up my confusion.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:49 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,196,885 times
Just to be clear, Canada is actually tri-lingual. English, French, and cursing. The creative use of the F-bomb is practically a national institution.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:43 PM

7,236 posts, read 9,209,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Just to be clear, Canada is actually tri-lingual. English, French, and cursing. The creative use of the F-bomb is practically a national institution.
Well, I was going to say eff you then, but then I thought better of it since some might not understand my sense of humour.

Seriously, I've heard that before - that we swear much, much more as a nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada