Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM

13 posts, read 23,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoeurope View Post
Dude your situation sucks...sorry I can't help more
You're telling me? This is horrible.
Don't want to stay in the USA. I'm Canadian and I want to go home. My french is okay, studied from 7th grade through high school and I have AP french. My parents are older. I was their last kid I have a 35 year old sister who lives in Australia and a half brother who is in his late twenties (don't know him well) in Thailand. My parents won't help, here's a quote from them "we send you back to Canada and before you know it you'll be walking around the Montreal gay village wearing a dress" yes, they're religious. As of there aren't gays in Dallas...Is Montreal that hard without fluent french? I know there's a big Anglo community there, or used to be at least. I went to primary school in English and my parents/siblings/grandparents only spoke English and did okay. I don't want to get my parents in trouble, as much as I resent them for this situation and disagree with their worldview it's bad karma to report them. I'll let them get deported in their own time independent of me. Should I just go
to the consulate, get a renewed passport and fly out? Also I researched and I can receive resident tuition at McGill (i have the grades) if I was born in the province, which I was. I can't even claim unemploymentp or rent assurance for a few months until I'm situated? I'm so open for training anything to get a job!
I don't want to live in BC, will if I have too though. Ontario or Quebec are my #1 choices. And don't Canadian taxes get automatically taken out of pension payments? They use my aunt's address in westmount to claim it and get it deposited into a bank with CDN and US branches. They're lot stupid, just lame...and no I can't stay with my aunt in westmount. she disowned me when I came out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 10:28 PM

I didn't find this out until recently when three things happened...my parents
wouldn't let me take drivers ed/get a license even though driving here is soo necessary, then I got a job at the mall and they needed my SSN or a photocopy of the card and my parents wouldn't. give it to me, lastly I went to do a FAFSA so I could go to UT and they freaked. I asked then wtf was going in and they explained. I hate the idea that my very existence is breaking the law and I already miss Canada and have since I was a kid. I was always bugging to visit when I was younger and I remember it being a nice place.

I have a Quebec birth certificate and an expired Canadian passport. Also have school report cards from school in Montreal if that means anything.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:03 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Hang on to the expired passport and those old Canadian school report cards, you might need them as further ID.

BC is out anyway for the time being, the age of majority in BC is 19. Ontario and Quebec it is 18.

Are your parents and your aunt fully aware that if you cannot drive or go to university or legally work in USA you're screwed and can't live a normal life? What exactly do your parents expect you to do for the rest of your life? Do they expect you to live a criminal life like themselves? If you can't legally work are they prepared to support you in America on their own pensions for the rest of their natural lives? And what are you supposed to do after they die?

Do they also understand that if you get deported by American authorities that your parents and aunt will also be in trouble with authorities? If you get deported then your parents will also get deported or worse, and your aunt might be in trouble with Canadian authorities for aiding and abetting your parents as illegal immigrants and permitting them to use her address. And last but not least, if you get deported it will totally ruin your chances of being able to visit and travel in the USA ever again, and likely will also effect your rights to visit and travel in other countries. Deportation is not a good thing to have on your record. Your parents deserve to be deported but you don't deserve that since you were a minor and had no say in the matter.

You need legal advice and if you can't afford legal advice and your parents won't help you with that then Old Monkey is right that you need to make an appointment as soon as possible at the closest Canadian consulate and talk to an officer there about your situation. You need to do that soon for your own protection and preparation for what you will do upon landing in Canada, before American immigration authorities can take matters out of your own hands and deport you and dump you across the line before you are prepared and know what you will do.

You said your parents are not stupid, they're just lame. Sorry, I think they are stupid and irresponsible for not planning ahead for how your own future would be effected by their lame actions. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't be worried about protecting the parents or laying bad karma on them because they have already screwed, blued and tattooed you, laid a double whammy of grief and bad karma on you and put you in an untenable position.

Last edited by Zoisite; 05-25-2014 at 01:23 AM..

Old 05-25-2014, 01:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Displacedcanadian View Post

I have a Quebec birth certificate and an expired Canadian passport. Also have school report cards from school in Montreal if that means anything.
With those documents i dont see why you would be denied entry back into Canada,you were born in Canada and have proof.Arrive at the border and tell em its good to be home.. Aim for cities like Kingston.Kitchener/Waterloo, Ottawa or Toronto as without any French skills Montreal might be tough. You might need to start off living with room mates and a part time job whilst going to school.
Unless you can straighten out your American immigration status you dont have much of a future in the USA.

Curious as to how your parents overcame their illegal status in the USA.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:43 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
With those documents i dont see why you would be denied entry back into Canada,you were born in Canada and have proof.Arrive at the border and tell em its good to be home.. Aim for cities like Kingston.Kitchener/Waterloo, Ottawa or Toronto as without any French skills Montreal might be tough. You might need to start off living with room mates and a part time job whilst going to school.
Unless you can straighten out your American immigration status you dont have much of a future in the USA.

Curious as to how your parents overcame their illegal status in the USA.
Certainly he would not be denied entry back into Canada. That is the least of his problems. His problem is what will he do once he arrives and how can he protect himself from being victimized. He has no money. He needs a safe place to go to and start to get his life in order, he can't just arrive in Canada and go live on the streets with no money, no job, no family or friends and no prospects for the immediate future. I don't know, but maybe going to a Canadian consulate might give him some leads on somebody or some agency in Canada who can sponsor him or put him up temporarily where he will be safe until he can get his life organized and on track.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:13 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Displacedcanadian View Post
I didn't find this out until recently when three things happened...my parents
wouldn't let me take drivers ed/get a license even though driving here is soo necessary, then I got a job at the mall and they needed my SSN or a photocopy of the card and my parents wouldn't. give it to me, lastly I went to do a FAFSA so I could go to UT and they freaked. I asked then wtf was going in and they explained. I hate the idea that my very existence is breaking the law and I already miss Canada and have since I was a kid. I was always bugging to visit when I was younger and I remember it being a nice place.

Im not Canadian, and im no lawyer but it seems to me that if you have a Quebec birth certificate and an old Canadian passport that an immigration lawyer in Canada should be able to straighten this out very quickly. It should not be hard to prove that you are a Canadian. You could even call immigration in Canada and ask them about your situation. I feel sorry for you being put in that position by your parents, good luck to you.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Hang on to the expired passport and those old Canadian school report cards, you might need them as further ID.

Are your parents and your aunt fully aware that if you cannot drive or go to university or legally work in USA you're screwed and can't live a normal life? What exactly do your parents expect you to do for the rest of your life? Do they expect you to live a criminal life like themselves? If you can't legally work are they prepared to support you in America on their own pensions for the rest of their natural lives? And what are you supposed to do after they die?

They don't "support me on their pension" I get maybe $50 or a $100 usd a week. They say the reason we are in this mess where I can't work(they don't want me to study, they want me in a constrction trade like my carpenter father - that's the only 'mans work' in their eyes. They think all colleges and the nation of canada is full of atheist transvestites.) now they always say when I complain about this situation that it is my fault because I didn't marry the American girls they have tried to set me up with, so that I can get a green card and sponsor them for ones too.

Enough about them, let's talk about me. You think ontario is my best bet? From research quebec seems more generous when it comes to helping the needy. Are you sure french fluency is required from the get-go? I know enough french to introduce myself and ask for simple objects...better at English obviously but I can learn. I would think the province offers french integration classes. Also as far as studying goes - quebec will treat me as a resident if I was born there. As opposed to ontario which I have to want 12 months. Called canadian consular services before I made this post, they said they would be obligated to alert US authorities/ICE if I came to them...which will wind up with me sitting in an American immigration jail which is what I don't want. I'm just afraid I'll be homeless in canada which sounds like a nightmare and a great way to freeze to death. I want to be an engineer but I doubt that happen because of my situation.

Also, they don't think they'll ever get deported because in their eyes ICE doesn't want a 'good, Christian, English speaking family from canada...they want pope-worshipping drug dealing Mexicans and godless Asians"
They're from another planet...they belong intheir ancestors time 18th century Scotland, not 21st century north america"

Last edited by Displacedcanadian; 05-25-2014 at 02:49 AM..

Old 05-25-2014, 03:10 AM

The summer is just beginning so you have 5 months to get a place to stay and a job before winter returns.. the situation you are in now is unsustainable and sooner or later you will be deported as you are in fact an illegal alien living in the USA. You need to come home even if it means living a short period of time in a homeless shelter to start...
Its going to be a tough start but it will eventually come together,
Heres some resources that might be helpfull if Montreal is where you decide to return to.
http://www.homelessnation.org/en/Montreal/resources.

https://www.google.ca/#q=no+experience+jobs&safe=active

Last edited by jambo101; 05-25-2014 at 03:18 AM..

Old 05-25-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The summer is just beginning so you have 5 months to get a place to stay and a job before winter returns.. the situation you are in now is unsustainable and sooner or later you will be deported as you are in fact an illegal alien living in the USA. You need to come home even if it means living a short period of time in a homeless shelter to start....
I realize that, but I'm just scared going from a comfortable life in a nice house in the suburbs, with friends who drive Lexus' and Beemers and a flat screen TV in my room to some homeless shelter in Canada(a country I know almost nothing about and haven't lived in since I was a little kid. I sound more Texan than Canadian, know nothing about the Canadian system or life there) . I'm trying to find an alternative because I feel like in that situation I will probably have a mental breakdown.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:19 AM

Gonna be tough anyway you slice it but i'll guarantee it will be much tougher once you get entrenched in the USA with good job and a wife and kids if thats even possible, then one day comes that knock on the door and you now start the process of being deported back to Canada.You are young enough now to set things right instead of a life looking over your shoulder.
Its serious
Illegal Immigration Laws

What are your parents saying about your illegal status and how do they propose you live a normal life under such conditions? From what you describe i cant believe your parents have acted so irresponsibly..In my opinion they got you into this mess and they should in some way be responsible for getting you out of it. perhaps by paying your rent for your first 6 months back in Canada.

Last edited by jambo101; 05-25-2014 at 04:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada