Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 10:22 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Still butthurt over getting your asses kicked on the Plains of Abraham, eh?
Read that again and understand that that was your response to someone calling your posts childish and redneck.

****ing incredible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 06:53 AM

26,872 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Still butthurt over getting your asses kicked on the Plains of Abraham, eh?
I am way too young to have been involved in the Battle of the Plains of Abraham.

Though from the sounds of your curmudgeonly, dinosaurish, colonialist, anachronistic posts, it sounds like you might be able to give us a first-hand account.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:10 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,230,012 times
So, what do the people of T&c think? Or is that even relevant?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,230,012 times
Have you ever lived in Quebec and read their own published information about those topics, or is that an assumption from being in Ontario and reading only the anglo-canadian viewpoint?

Quote:
That at least Turks and Caicos share Canada's respect for the monarchy and British heritage.

That there is nothing remotely Canadian about the Quebec. It has its own bigoted language laws, is intolerant to non-francophones, and detests both the monarchy and the British legacy of the Canadian nation. It has consistently brought nothing to the table other than headaches, belly-aching and high treason, and is the furthest thing from a decent place to escape winter.

Molson Breweries had to rename their flagship lager from "Canadian" to "Laurentide" in Quebec because the anti-Canadian sentiment there would drastically affect sales of the product. Seriously. The Quebecois really are that petty.

I am assuming you are from the U.S. because the points I have listed above should be obvious to any Canadian who has been paying even the slightest bit of attention to Canadian politics over the last 40 years.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
So, what do the people of T&c think? Or is that even relevant?
Boy; finally the crux of the matter rises to the fore.

I should think that question should be the first asked and answered before Canada presumes to even consider some sort of filial relationship enhancement.

Considering the previous to-date squandering of whatever credibility we held on the world stage along diplomatic lines with moral underpinnings attached, I would also think it the only question of relevance before risking some diplomatic brouhaha with the U.K. over a perceived warm climate to spend a few days in over the winter.

Better to buy every Canadian a sun-lamp for cry'n out loud before pizzing off friends and allies for questionable return.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
I know what a "Turk" is, but what is a "Caico"?

Old 05-28-2014, 10:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
This aggressive, expansionist Canada must be stopped. First, you take over all the good beaches during Spring Break and close the North-South Interstates with your campers. I mean, Disney World was just clogged with you guys. Now you're taking over island republics in an attempt to surround us. This means war.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:57 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This aggressive, expansionist Canada must be stopped. First, you take over all the good beaches during Spring Break and close the North-South Interstates with your campers. I mean, Disney World was just clogged with you guys. Now you're taking over island republics in an attempt to surround us. This means war.
Not to mention inundating the Lifetime and Hallmark networks with lameo films!

This Canadian actor portrayal of an eeeeevil man has got me quaking in my New Balances, yessir.

Pictures & Photos from The Husband She Met Online (TV Movie 2013) - IMDb

Old 05-28-2014, 11:07 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Not to mention inundating the Lifetime and Hallmark networks with lameo films!

This Canadian actor portrayal of an eeeeevil man has got me quaking in my New Balances, yessir.

Pictures & Photos from The Husband She Met Online (TV Movie 2013) - IMDb
Oh, yeah. I totally forgot. You Canadians are also responsible for all those HGTV shows where a handyman or designer breezes into a dump of a house, waves a wand, and the whole thing is magically transformed into a showplace in thirty minutes or less.

This unspeakable propaganda is almost always filmed somewhere in Toronto. My wife stares rapt at these shows for hours on end thinking up new ways to spend our money and my free time on the weekends. Do you people know how many wallpaper swatches I've had to look at this year alone? I'm holding Canada accountable for this. And Pinterest.

So this Turks and Caicos thing is just the last cotton-picking straw.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:32 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Boy; finally the crux of the matter rises to the fore.

I should think that question should be the first asked and answered before Canada presumes to even consider some sort of filial relationship enhancement.

Considering the previous to-date squandering of whatever credibility we held on the world stage along diplomatic lines with moral underpinnings attached, I would also think it the only question of relevance before risking some diplomatic brouhaha with the U.K. over a perceived warm climate to spend a few days in over the winter.

Better to buy every Canadian a sun-lamp for cry'n out loud before pizzing off friends and allies for questionable return.
the whole arose because T&C expressed their interest in joining Canada. Canada never talks about annexing the Bahamas, or Jamaica, does it?

There is no moral issues surrounding it, and stop being so sanctimonious.

If the tropical island wants and there is not so much negative impact for Canada, why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada