Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:11 PM

26,876 posts, read 38,026,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
That's because the NFL doesnt let you alter the broadcast in any way.
I'd say that it is only partly true. In English-speaking countries except for Canada you generally have local in-studio programming (with more detailed rule explanations I assume) and then the game itself has the American announcers. But I am not sure if this is an NFL imposition or if it's just what's easiest for them.

Obviously though the NFL relinquishes control for all the other languages of the world that are used for those broadcasts. Somehow I doubt they actually ''vet'' all of them before they are allowed to call games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:17 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,436,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I'd say that it is only partly true. In English-speaking countries except for Canada you generally have local in-studio programming (with more detailed rule explanations I assume) and then the game itself has the American announcers. But I am not sure if this is an NFL imposition or if it's just what's easiest for them.

Obviously though the NFL relinquishes control for all the other languages of the world that are used for those broadcasts. Somehow I doubt they actually ''vet'' all of them before they are allowed to call games.
yeah .... for example, British broadcasts have an in-studio program for the NFL which is almost a comedy show. But NFL does not allow you to change the product itself. So the in-game announcers and graphics cannot be altered.

Having your own game-break programming is like having your own local ads during game-breaks. In-game programming is a different issue. So it is totally different from what you were indicating re: world cup programming in Canada.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:56 AM

26,876 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
yeah .... for example, British broadcasts have an in-studio program for the NFL which is almost a comedy show. But NFL does not allow you to change the product itself. So the in-game announcers and graphics cannot be altered.

Having your own game-break programming is like having your own local ads during game-breaks. In-game programming is a different issue. So it is totally different from what you were indicating re: world cup programming in Canada.
I am not sure that it's that different from any other sport, even the World Cup. Every event generally has a main host feed for the game play and the on-screen graphics are the same regardless of where you are watching it.

If I am watching an NFL game on RDS the graphics on the screen are from the US host network and are in English but RDS often adds its own graphics as well in French. If you watch the Super Bowl on a Swedish network it will be the same.

It's the same when you are watching the World Cup or the Olympics. Some graphics are with the main global feed (and generally in English) and then everyone adds their own.

I am not sure the NFL is any stricter than the others when it comes to its product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada