Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 02:09 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,817,186 times

Advertisements

Are some Canadians seriously amped over the golden boy JT? How many of you remember the first go-round of Trudeaumania?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 02:19 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
JT is just the leader of the Liberal party, Trudeaumania isnt happening to date.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:41 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,882 times
Trudeau will never ever get my vote. Ever. And it has nothing to do with his politics. If his name were Justin Smith, he'd be a backbencher that we would have never heard off. As qualified as he may be, the LPC only glomed onto him because of his last time and what it represents in Canada. It's craven. I hate nepotism, and this is nepotism of the worst kind. See also: George W.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:05 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
For me its not so complex, i'm a Liberal, i vote for the liberal party , who its leader is is rather irrelevant..

Old 06-14-2014, 09:18 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,530,536 times
I like Trudeau and will likely vote for his party, I think he's honest and is not a typical, scripted politician. But I'm a convinced life long supporter of the Liberal Party, and voted for Garneau in the leadership race. I think Trudeau has done alot to turn things around for the Liberal Party and is reasonably popular, but he doesn't quite have the charisma his father did and I wouldn't categorize public reaction to his leadership as Trudeaumania. Reaction has been much more reasoned and measured assessment of his positive and negative attributes.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:04 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
I wasn't of voting age when Trudeaumania happened. I do remember bits of it though. As for Justin, well, my cynical side thinks that if he does get in as PM, he will turn out like most of them. Politics seems to do that some people. I hope I'm wrong.
I think he has feet on the ground, and Harper's and co's attempt to discredit him has backfired.
When he lived in Vancouver and worked as a teacher, he wasn't living the high life. He had a normal apartment and was even listed in the phone book.
I know people who have met him several times over that last few years and they all say he comes across as genuine.
Did he get the leadership of the Liberal Party because of who his dad was? In part, probably, but that the nature of politics in this media obsessed age. If it gets the party in power, that's all they care about. As long as he surrounds himself with good people and works with everyone things should be fine.
We will all know soon enough if his party forms the government.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:46 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Are some Canadians seriously amped over the golden boy JT? How many of you remember the first go-round of Trudeaumania?
While I am sure a lot of hardcore dyed-in-the-wool Liberals are amped up over him, I don't think he has anywhere near the popularity his father enjoyed. What does Justin really bring to the table? He has his father's name, his mother's genes and no experience whatsoever. Not exactly the makings of an engaging and effective leader, IMHO.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:03 PM

869 posts, read 1,125,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
While I am sure a lot of hardcore dyed-in-the-wool Liberals are amped up over him, I don't think he has anywhere near the popularity his father enjoyed. What does Justin really bring to the table? He has his father's name, his mother's genes and no experience whatsoever. Not exactly the makings of an engaging and effective leader, IMHO.
We cant afford him at the helm no more then we can pro-union big spending NDP given the state of our manufacturing sector and some of the province's balance sheets

so I 'll be voting Harper again.....by default

Old 06-14-2014, 03:16 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
We cant afford him at the helm no more then we can pro-union big spending NDP given the state of our manufacturing sector and some of the province's balance sheets

I suppose it should also be mentioned that his stipulation that all Liberal candidates must personally be pro-choice or they cannot run under the Liberal banner doesn't strike me as particularly democratic.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post

So more of this?

Conservatives Sink Canada into Largest Debt in History | The Canadian Political Scene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada