Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,737,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
Not sure why you feel the need to generalize.. there are plenty of successful engineers, lawyers, doctors, teachers, nurses, trades people and sales reps with great careers in Canada. Bostonkid 123's post was pretty specific to careers in finance... and he was absolutely correct with respect to that ONE industry.
I second that... In my industry - Toronto is one of the fastest growing airport regions in Either Canada or the U.S..Finance itself is a huge industry with many facets so a complete comparison would need to be made. Certainly I wouldn't be moving to a foreign country unless I had a good job lined up (which would be very much connected to having the ability to live here). Aside from those things Canadian cities always perform well in global QOL surveys though it isn't a one size fits all measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 07:36 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,425,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addxb2 View Post

Halifax:

-I want a friendly LGBT city. Not as friendly
-Urban center is very walkable. mmmm... one main street (Barrington), with some core. Walkable, but without the urban vibrancy that you are looking for perhaps. Lots of buildings on that street are being deserted. Politicians talk of revival, but everything is done slow in NS.
-Public transit is a must (Preferably a street car or light rail system) you are making me laugh.
-No further west than Calgary
-I like cities that have a lot of room to grow, because I'd like to be apart of that. everything is done slow in NS
-Ample finance jobs. some
-Airport and train. well, of course
-Safe well, Canadian cities are generally safe
-Water fronts are a plus, but not required. This is "Canada's ocean playground"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada