Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,922 times

Advertisements

Do you know?

Old 03-10-2015, 01:03 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,645,815 times
$144 for health care premium (a regressive flat tax by another name), and maybe $100/month for the medical I actually use, which is ironically mostly dental, thus not covered by medicare. A signficant amount of my tax dollars also go toward medical, so it's hard to say Probably in the neighbourhood of $500/month if we count the taxes paid for healthcare. That words out to $6,000/year, $60,000 every decade.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:46 PM

230 posts, read 535,869 times
My extended benefits (health, dental, vision) are covered at 100% by my employer. The only expenses I ever incur are for supplements and vitamins, and some OTC medication.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:11 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberryqueen96 View Post
Do you know?
Your request is vague. I'm curious to know why you're asking other Canadians about their personal monthly health care expenses. Are you trying to do some kind of survey about health insurance rates? If you're trying to find out what the insurance premium rates are for each province and each family income level it's easy to find the tables online.

Keep in mind that health care expenses are going to vary from province to province and from person to person and no two people anywhere are going to have the same health care expenses. It will depend on their taxable incomes, on their own health and on the number and health circumstances of each family dependent (or no dependents) that they have and on what kind of additional health expenses they have that aren't covered by insurance for themself and each member of the family.

Going by your other posts on CD you live in Canada yourself, so maybe you should start the topic with telling about your own personal financial income and you and your family's health circumstances and what your average monthly health care expenses are. Then you can explain how that's relevant to why you want to know about other people's personal financial and health information.

I do know what my average monthly health care expenses are but I won't be answering your question. I have reservations about it, I feel it's rather intrusive and I have to say that information about my personal finances and my and my family's health and health care expenses are nobody else's business. I imagine a lot of other people might feel the same way and just wouldn't bother responding to your vague post.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada