Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 AM

382 posts, read 758,371 times

Advertisements

I would go for Toronto. Vibrant, bigger, a lot more to see and do, a truly amazing city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 12:21 PM

10 posts, read 39,064 times
Vancouver is great for a nature person, but the nightlife scene isn't that prominent.

I love electronic music and I have been going to "raves" in Toronto for almost a decade. In fact, I am going to a rave party tonight for Halloween. The electronic music scene is huge here, not as big as it was back in the day but it still thrives. If DJ'ing and clubbing is what you're after, I would say Toronto is your best bet. There's many small clubs in the city that have DJ's playing until last call, then you have some huge venues like Circa, The Guvernment, and Sound Academy that have HUGE rave parties that last until 6am. Popular electronic music genres here include House, drum n' bass, hard techno, hardcore (including the happy variety), and many more. I am 23 years old as well, by the way. Networking here is easy too if DJ'ing is what you're after. Just go to the parties and make friends with people (which is very easy). Sometimes I wish I knew how to DJ, because getting into that would be pretty easy for me if I knew how, considering how easy it is to make those special connections. The party scene is full of friendly people!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 7,602 times
welll... ders 5 of us going to canada in march/april.... alll around 18... looking for any kind of job and a laugh... wheres better for us vancouver or toronto??????? irish by the way....

Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM

26,876 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvondon View Post
welll... ders 5 of us going to canada in march/april.... alll around 18... looking for any kind of job and a laugh... wheres better for us vancouver or toronto??????? irish by the way....
Better weather in Vancouver at that time of year for sure (especially if it's early April).

Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
this thread was started TWO YEARS AGO..

The OP has not posted since his first post so we don't know where they ended up..

Old 01-08-2010, 01:42 PM

17 posts, read 77,808 times
Toronto is Beautifull???...boy I have to admit that's got to be the first time I have seen those two words used together in the same sentence....Toronto is many things that were listed above, like Biggest city, lots of nightlife...but Beautifull is very far fetched....Sorry Melissa, have you ever been to Vancouver??, all I say is use google images and decide for yourself which city is Beautifull

Old 01-19-2010, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 7,441 times
Hi everybadyI am also coming to canada in next 3 months for english study I want know what is better for me vancouver or torento pls answer to me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 01-20-2010, 03:29 PM

68 posts, read 92,299 times
more exp. vancouver for housing toronto for everything else
vancouver is obviously more beautiful and better weather as it is on the ocean and next to a big forest, vancouver is more dense and may be better for a single better place to live and have fun, toronto is more for people who want to work and make moeny

Old 01-27-2010, 07:52 PM

22 posts, read 69,429 times
I will choose Vancouver. Some of my relatives live there and I guess they are having a great life since moving there.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:41 AM

1 posts, read 6,736 times
Hi Im just wondering which city did you choose and how are you getting on.. Im heading over in a month and im undecided between vanc, toronto and Edmonton...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada