Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 03:56 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times

Advertisements

Botticelli says,

"Show me one reason Canada should participate in this war?"

Well, the first reason is because, if Canada does not, then Botti, you may find yourself dead. ISIS does not care if you agree with them. You are nothing to them; you as a non-Muslim, may be blown up at a concert, at a political rally, at any gathering, even a happy Christmas gathering.

"Oh, but Canadians are peacekeepers." Yes, and do you know what UN "peacekeeping" involves? It means a highly-trained and obnoxious force inserted between two warring factions. Yes, Canadian peacekeepers are well-trained, and they shoot both ways. They kill both sides. So much for the "kum-ba-ya" crap that was sold back home in Canada. My cite: the three friends I have who have killed many in Cyprus, Vietnam, and other places, as UN "peacekeepers."

The UN was OK with that, as was Canada.

Next, does Canada have an obligation to stop ISIS? Well, as a civilized, first-world nation, I think Canada does. We can destroy ISIS through airstrikes, or we can wimp out. Justin wants us to withdraw our air efforts and wimp out. And, we'll get terrorist strikes at home, because now we're "soft."

Thanks, Justin. I'll look forward to your unvetted refugees blowing up our theatres, rock concerts, and so on. Unless you order yet more airstrikes, thus teaching ISIS that we are nothing to be intimidated. Or we wimp out. Because we're wimps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 07:20 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Botticelli says,

"Show me one reason Canada should participate in this war?"

Well, the first reason is because, if Canada does not, then Botti, you may find yourself dead. ISIS does not care if you agree with them. You are nothing to them; you as a non-Muslim, may be blown up at a concert, at a political rally, at any gathering, even a happy Christmas gathering.
Too dramatic, isn't it? So ISIS is capable of destroying the entire Non-muslim world? Muslim population isn't close to majority of the world, not to say that the ISIS represents a tiny percentage of the Muslim population.

There are white supremacists who think all non-whites should be killed too, and I am still alive.

ISIS is more concerned with punishing other nearby Muslims for not abiding by its core value. They are a professional and intelligent organization, not nearly stupid enough to think they can wipe out the entire non-Muslim world.

As to terrorist attacks in the western world, I stand by my claim that it is those countries who deliberately invited them. The US and France are not the weakest countries among western nations, why the hell do you think ISIS attack them, not say Portugal, Switzerland, or Greece?

Quote:
Next, does Canada have an obligation to stop ISIS? Well, as a civilized, first-world nation, I think Canada does. We can destroy ISIS through airstrikes, or we can wimp out. Justin wants us to withdraw our air efforts and wimp out. And, we'll get terrorist strikes at home, because now we're "soft."

Thanks, Justin. I'll look forward to your unvetted refugees blowing up our theatres, rock concerts, and so on. Unless you order yet more airstrikes, thus teaching ISIS that we are nothing to be intimidated. Or we wimp out. Because we're wimps.
"We" can? You mean Canada? Or continue to play this insignificant role pretending to be relevant? If you feel so strong about it, why don't YOU join the army, instead of demanding our soldiers to die on foreign land for a war that doesn't concern us?

I don't want ISIS to blow up our theatres as well. the thing is, if you don't do anything meddling overseas, they have no reason to revenge on your land.

And unvetted... who says unvetted?? Muslim refugees =/= Islamic extremists. It is like those Christians who went out shooting students on American campuses are not representative of Christians. Isn't that obvious? Do you want me to demonize you collectively?

Old 11-17-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Canada/USA may be separate countries to you and me but to ISIS terrorists the difference is trivial,we represent western values and Christian ways of thinking, we are their enemy,they'll make their presence known here in Canada sooner or later, we can join with the rest of the free world in a combined effort to eradicate this scourge of barbaric evil or we can let others do the fighting for us,I'd like to think Canadians arent that gutless.

ISIS urges jihadists to attack Canadians: 'You will not feel secure in your bedrooms' | National Post

Paris-style ISIS attacks could hit anywhere, including Canada - Politics - CBC News
Only because Canada got itself increasingly involved when completely unprovoked.

Why do you think ISIS didn't threaten Portugal or Finland? They are western countries as well. If you meddle with my family business causing trouble, I might want to smash your windows too. I don't care if you are Christian or Buddhist.

I know you guys are habitually pretending to represent some sort of justice, but it turns out to be extremely hypocritical and self-righteous to me. If "the west" led by the US had never landed its hand on the oil rich middle east all the time, there would be no hatred toward to the west AT ALL. Actually, the hatred is not to the "west", it is only to the countries that keep interfering, foster local forces for their own political agenda, such as change of regime.

Honestly, the world is full of misery and massacres, why is the noble west always obsessed with the few countries in the middle east? The Baga massacre in Nigeria happened only this Jan killing over 2000 people, and nobody seems to raise an eyebrow, yet the 12 French killed in the Charlie Hebdo attack during the same month becomes headline news everywhere in your civilized free western world. Hypocrisy?

Or you can keep "fighting" pretending it is for the mankind. Rest assured it won't solve anything except bringing more death to Canada.

I applaud Justin Trudeau for making the right decision. I voted for the man after all. What he did despite the hypocritical pressure from the clueless mass, that's leadership, or the opposite of gutless.

Last edited by botticelli; 11-17-2015 at 08:56 AM..

Old 11-17-2015, 08:14 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

I applaud Justin Trudeau for making the right decision. I voted for the man after all. What he did despite the hypocritical pressure from the clueless mass, that's leadership, or the opposite of gutless.
By right decision you mean his choice to leave special forces units on the ground, actively aiding the Kurds and engaging ISIL, right?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trud...tary-1.3322288

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/spec...mbat-1.3318451

Old 11-17-2015, 08:41 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
Quote:
What is this, highschool? Do you actually believe that's how it works? The more you bomb and show arrogance and fearlessness, the less likely it is that people will hate you for it?

Botticelli is absolutely right about Canada being a meaningless and small, un-influential country that needs to just stay out of it. What kind of statement does ISIS get to make out of screwing around in Canada if it weren't causing problems in the first place? We mine aswell be Finland or Norway in terms of important targets. France is a major player in Iraq and Syria, and has a more profound relationship with the Muslim world than Canada. This is apples and oranges. I think you've been in Texas too long.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
By right decision you mean his choice to leave special forces units on the ground, actively aiding the Kurds and engaging ISIL, right?

Justin Trudeau says Canada to increase number of training troops in Iraq - Politics - CBC News

There are signs Canadian commandos are battling ISIS in northern Iraq - Politics - CBC News
I am aware of that. And my belief is that that is just to please right wing voters like you and the allies. In the end, the result is Canada will play a lesser role in all this.

Actively adding the Kurds.. how active, that depends on what Trudeau wants, IN THE FUTURE. But once the fighter jets are back, they are back.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I am aware of that. And my belief is that that is just to please right wing voters like you and the allies. In the end, the result is Canada will play a lesser role in all this.

Actively adding the Kurds.. how active, that depends on what Trudeau wants, IN THE FUTURE. But once the fighter jets are back, they are back.
I'm disenfranchised. I also wouldn't describe myself as right wing. Not in Canada, and certainly not in Texas.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
What is this, highschool? Do you actually believe that's how it works? The more you bomb and show arrogance and fearlessness, the less likely it is that people will hate you for it?

Botticelli is absolutely right about Canada being a meaningless and small, un-influential country that needs to just stay out of it. What kind of statement does ISIS get to make out of screwing around in Canada if it weren't causing problems in the first place? We mine aswell be Finland or Norway in terms of important targets. France is a major player in Iraq and Syria, and has a more profound relationship with the Muslim world than Canada. This is apples and oranges. I think you've been in Texas too long.
Glad the younger generation is less belligerent, and more importantly, intelligent enough to tell what is the cause and what's the consequence, something the older generation has difficulty in understanding.

In the complicated regional conflicts elsewhere, Canada should stop taking sides. Humanitarian aid is all we need to provide.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I'm disenfranchised. I also wouldn't describe myself as right wing. Not in Canada, and certainly not in Texas.
Maybe I misinterpreted you, in which case I apologize.

The point is, the talk about increasing ground troops, that's just talking to please certain people. Bringing back the jets, that's the main direction.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Maybe I misinterpreted you, in which case I apologize.

The point is, the talk about increasing ground troops, that's just talking to please certain people. Bringing back the jets, that's the main direction.
I don't disagree with either decision. I think there is real value to be added through training, as Canadian troops are some of the best in the world. As far as the CF18's go, that's window dressing. Other nations can pick up that mantle and be as effective/more effective and we don't have to shoulder the cost or risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada