Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2014, 01:59 PM

230 posts, read 535,952 times

Advertisements

A rather high number of cases of this sort of thing have been reported this year, especially in Ontario and Nova Scotia:

Pins found in Halloween candy in Sydney Mines and Halifax - Nova Scotia - CBC News
Child bites into Snickers bar, finds sewing needle - Ottawa - CBC News
Needle found in Halloween candy bar in Cornwall | Ottawa Citizen

Maybe I wasn't paying attention previously, but there seems to be more cases than in previous years (not limited to the above stories).

What does everyone make of this? Parents looking for some media exposure? Bogus claims? Or is this evidence of the existence of monsters who want to hurt children that live among us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 02:18 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,027 times
Without reading the articles, could the tampering have come during the manufacturing process?

Unfortunately, this is nothing new - when I was a kid in the 1980s I remember at least one year where this kind of thing was a concern. In particular homemade and fruits. I know I got an apple once and later my friend's mom diced it into fine pieces and still I had no desire to eat it, so it was tossed. I never had a problem with Halloween candy, and as far as I know there was never an issue locally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada