Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 11:11 AM

11 posts, read 30,637 times

Advertisements

Some people (including me) are planning to immigrate to Canada ,
then maybe we should modify our skills or even change our career to another IT field
lets talk about different IT JOBS which are in Demand in Canada

Information systems analysts and consultants
Programmers and developers
Web designers
Network Administrators
Database Analysts and Data Administrators
Software engineers and designers
Network engineers
Data Analyst
Business Intelligence analyst
Data warehouse developers

let's discuss about questions like these :

1-which one has the better job market in Canada or which city has more job vacancies for that NOC ?
2-for which one the need for learning new technologies happens more often ?
3-for which one there is an optimal age ( for which one age limit may be considered)

4-which skills are more valuable for each job and give you better chances to get a job ?

I was thinking to change my career from Network administrator to BI related jobs and get some experience before moving to Canada ( BI is really in demand and high paying in US , Australia I am not sure about Canada )
because I think the best age for being a GOOD network administrator is between 27-40 ...what should I do After 40 ? how am I gonna update my knowledge with ever-changing technologies specially In network area ? that made me to think about changing my career to another area which age is an asset; experience after 40 is more valuable...

Canada PR could you please share your experiences regarding IT job market and questions above ?

Last edited by user99; 11-23-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 09:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,069,191 times
Browse through a few of these sites and you'll quickly discover what types of IT jobs are most in demand in Canada
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...gy+jobs+canada

Old 11-26-2014, 11:47 AM

Thank you
actually in most of IT fields the number of job applicants are way more than job vacancies ,but what I need to know is that for which careers there is not that much professionals to fill those vacancies

Old 11-26-2014, 11:54 AM

I have been searching Search Jobs in Canada. Find a New Career. Get Employed. | Workopolis & Job Search: Find a Job from Millions of Job Listings Online | Monster.ca
and other similar websites ,
but I need more reliable statistics of the number of IT vacancies and experts
for example there may be 200 vacancies for Network Administrator & 1000 applicants
and .............................50 vacancies for Data analyst & only 150 applicants

in this case aside from the number of job vacancies ,job market for Data analyst is quite better than Network Administrator

Guys please share your experiences I'd really appreciate your advices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada