Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Quebec Independence a Legitimate Movement?
Yes 147 65.04%
No 79 34.96%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 04:20 AM

26,776 posts, read 37,717,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
Quebec has a massive racism and discrimination problem. Policies heavily discriminate against anyone who isn't a de souche (100% French background). Think about the language police and the disgregard for other ethnicities in Quebec like Muslims and indigenous people. The message in Quebec is clear - if you aren't French, stay out.
Whether this is true or not, not sure it is related to my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Yeah there are times where you engage in a discussion with someone, and times you just read the response and say - i'll just be happy to disengage and go back to the BBQ lol. It's one thing having a back and forth about GDP and HDMI, but when you know you are dealing with those whose views are as strong as those, and are everything you stand against - there is no benefit in further discussion. They revealed who they are and it is not conducive to a healthy dialogue, because those views don't change by an online discussion.

Its disappointing to see individuals with these views, from within Quebec or outside of it, but the notion that we are always going to go in the direction of social progress, and a more just society can never be taken for granted.

As a gay man, I read comments like QIMC's and it harkens back to the time when being gay meant being deeply in the closet, treated like it was a mental health disease and you were afforded no rights or protections on that basis. You could be fired from your job, evicted from you home, pelted with rocks and the Police would do nothing about it because you are just one of 'them' - the group deemed not worthy of rights, a sub class of humanity that should be hierarchically judged to be lower on the pyramid and whose lives are not their own.
For what it's worth, QIMC's views on gays are not widely shared at all in Quebec. In fact this may be the part of Canada where they are the least shared.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
It's ALIENS who are replacing people and they're doing it right from the Whiteshell in Manitoba. Alien aliens. Not people aliens. This plan by the Elite Alien Spacecraft Consortium in the Alpha Centauri sector goes back at least as far as the Falcon Lake incident.

See those markings on this fake person alien's stomach? Those are bar code markings. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...sary-1.4121639

Have you ever noticed how Donald Trump is never pictured without a shirt on? This is why. Or why his orange hair looks so fake? This CAN'T be a coincidence!!! It's all part of the conspiracy to take the world without firing a shot by putting fake people rednecks on positions of power. Like Boris Johnson. That hair!!! Coincidence? There are no coincidences.

But the aliens have become better at churning out fake people! They are on fake people 2.0!!! See this picture of Elon Musk?https://pagesix.com/2022/07/19/elon-...ss-in-mykonos/

Real people stomachs aren't that white. I think his bar code is under his arm.

Also, bird flu and droughts are no coincidences!!! They were created to cause a fake food shortage. I saw that on Facebook.

(I wouldn't trust those French guys in Quebec!!! Too many coincidences!)
And so it's City Data Canada's turn to get hit with the 2020s crazy stick.

Not referring to you specifically BTW.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:51 AM

225 posts, read 148,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Yeah there are times where you engage in a discussion with someone, and times you just read the response and say - i'll just be happy to disengage and go back to the BBQ lol. It's one thing having a back and forth about GDP and HDMI, but when you know you are dealing with those whose views are as strong as those, and are everything you stand against - there is no benefit in further discussion. They revealed who they are and it is not conducive to a healthy dialogue, because those views don't change by an online discussion.

Its disappointing to see individuals with these views, from within Quebec or outside of it, but the notion that we are always going to go in the direction of social progress, and a more just society can never be taken for granted.

As a gay man, I read comments like QIMC's and it harkens back to the time when being gay meant being deeply in the closet, treated like it was a mental health disease and you were afforded no rights or protections on that basis. You could be fired from your job, evicted from you home, pelted with rocks and the Police would do nothing about it because you are just one of 'them' - the group deemed not worthy of rights, a sub class of humanity that should be hierarchically judged to be lower on the pyramid and whose lives are not their own.

As we have seen of late, rights that defined a whole generation can be wiped away with a stroke of a pen. Canada isn't as vulnerable but it is a warning - a stark one that we shouldn't take the progress we have made at all for granted. There are forces that would be happy to expand their power and bring our human rights/equal rights back whole generations. I for one, would rather be clear-eyed about this, than in blissful ignorance regardless how disturbing it is. And with that reality and if the time comes, I'll be ready.
"Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house" - fusion2

Old 07-25-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
For what it's worth, QIMC's views on gays are not widely shared at all in Quebec. In fact this may be the part of Canada where they are the least shared.
You aren't really qualified to make this claim.

Lots of people are questioning if we need to continue promoting LGBTQPIA2+ at the current rate. Younger people are much more sick of this than the boomers. The boomers who implemented this stuff don't have to deal with the effects. It is now a time where we have forced speech (see Bill C16) yet we are pretending that militant LGBTQPIA2+ members are somehow oppressed victims in 2022.

When I see the fact that LGBTQPIA2+ women are several times more likely to get pregnant than heterosexual women, I ask some questions.

When 1/6 (16.6%) members of Generation Z is LGBTQPIA2+, compared to 3/100 (3%) of all other generations including millennials, I ask questions.

When I see that 9/10 of "lesbians" have had sex with a man, I ask some questions.

When I see a "pride" parade with almost-naked dudes exposing themselves to children, I ask questions.

When I see draq queen story-time for children in public-funded libraries, I ask questions.

When I see someone with promiscuous sexual behavioral trait being equated to having a different skin colour, I ask some questions.

When I see the rates of homosexual-on-homosexual domestic abuse among this "loving" and "accepting" group, or the rates of addictions I ask some questions. Why all the unhappiness?

Society has already done absolutely everything we can do to make this normal yet we keep being pushed farther down this road for more, more, more.

This group is being used and taken advantage of because they are slaves to their sexual desires. Trudeau and the other proponents don't actually care about them. They gain a moral high-ground and easy votes, and corporations have a group of people who spend more money (homosexuals are much better consumers than heterosexuals).

Old 07-25-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Right wing nationalism is taking over now. The old Quebec nationalism was more left wing but with all the right wing anti immigrant parties in Europe it seems the future of the movement is more on that direction. Brexiters, yellow vesters in France etc. it’s happening in the rest of Canada too, but the anger is being misdirected. The real problem: the government has been catering to the boomer homeowners for decades to the point where they’re millionaires in assets and can borrow cheap debt against their houses to fund luxury lifestyles for themselves while the younger generation and working class immigrants are slaving away working for a smaller and smaller piece of the pie. The divide in this country is more about class and generational than anything else now.
Very based post.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
When baby boomers die, whatever wealth they possess gets passed down to the younger generations.
Which strengthens PDW's point.

Millennials and Gen Z have to rely on inheriting wealth in order to become middle-class. Something is wrong with that picture.

It creates a majority of non-wealthy-parents millennial and immigrants stuck at the bottom, and the lucky-inheritors at the top, and a big gap in the middle.

I think Acajack mentioned Brazil in another post.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:14 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,737,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Oh I have no doubt about that and actually referred to that in one of my responses to him - Montreal is well known globally as a premier destination for LGBTQ plus individuals. It is home to one of the largest gay villiages in the world and has a massive community there.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:06 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,737,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post

Lots of people are questioning if we need to continue promoting LGBTQPIA2+ at the current rate. Younger people are much more sick of this than the boomers. The boomers who implemented this stuff don't have to deal with the effects. It is now a time where we have forced speech (see Bill C16) yet we are pretending that militant LGBTQPIA2+ members are somehow oppressed victims in 2022.

When I see the fact that LGBTQPIA2+ women are several times more likely to get pregnant than heterosexual women, I ask some questions.

When 1/6 (16.6%) members of Generation Z is LGBTQPIA2+, compared to 3/100 (3%) of all other generations including millennials, I ask questions.

When I see that 9/10 of "lesbians" have had sex with a man, I ask some questions.

When I see a "pride" parade with almost-naked dudes exposing themselves to children, I ask questions.

When I see draq queen story-time for children in public-funded libraries, I ask questions.

When I see someone with promiscuous sexual behavioral trait being equated to having a different skin colour, I ask some questions.

When I see the rates of homosexual-on-homosexual domestic abuse among this "loving" and "accepting" group, or the rates of addictions I ask some questions. Why all the unhappiness?

Society has already done absolutely everything we can do to make this normal yet we keep being pushed farther down this road for more, more, more.

This group is being used and taken advantage of because they are slaves to their sexual desires. Trudeau and the other proponents don't actually care about them. They gain a moral high-ground and easy votes, and corporations have a group of people who spend more money (homosexuals are much better consumers than heterosexuals).
Yes well the world exists to answer all your questions. That said, you seem really fascinated by the topic. Why not create a thread about it separately?

Last edited by fusion2; 07-25-2022 at 08:27 AM..

Old 07-25-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post

I should say that I was referring to the gay rights movement of just a couple of years ago, before this newfound push started - a lot of which isn't really related to "gay rights" (as in LGB) rights anyway.

Yes, many aspects of the "push" are being questioned in Quebec just like they are in many other places.

But the fundamentals of gay rights (marriage, spousal benefits, adoption, child-raising, anti-discrimination, etc.) are hardly challenged by anyone in Quebec these days.

On those fronts, as I said it's one of the most open places in Canada-USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada