Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 04:09 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Let's hear it, people! Have your say.
Perhaps you could also start a thread asking the same question but replace "Modern Rebel" with Acajack and see what responses you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 04:29 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
I don't understand why you feel like you need to launch personal attacks against me and create a thread directing hatred towards me. For all you know we might be good friends in real life.

- I am bilingual Quebecer with a Quebecois father and Anglo mother

- I fully support protection of the French language in Quebec

- I do not support the government promoted driving out of Quebec's historic English community

- The divides caused by Quebec nationalists have seriously affected my life and the lives of hundreds of thousands of Quebecers in a very negative way. Half of Anglo Quebecers have given up and left the province.

- I believe that in Canada everyone should have equal treatment. This means equal rights for the Quebecois (who were treated as 2nd class citizens before the 1970's) but also equal treatment for Quebec's historic Anglo community.

Yet for some reason you need to launch personal attacks against me. What can be so important that you need to forge a personal vendetta on an anonymous internet forum. I respect your opinion and right to express yourself, I'm only asking that you allow others to do the same.

I don't see why it's O.K. for people to discuss the protection of the French language by taking away rights of the historic English community, but if I talk about some of the difficulties of being a minority under siege in Quebec then apparently I am breaking some golden rule. I was faced wit the tough decision between staying in my beloved Quebec and staying a 2nd class citizen, or moving to a part of Canada where minorities are respected. No one has a problem with me speaking French where I am now.

If you disagree with my viewpoint, then we can have a civil conversation and build bridges of understanding. Nothing is learned by engaging in attacking other people's integrity. I believe you are a good guy in real life, and I can see that I have brought up some touchy issues. Still I don't think this kind of reaction is warranted. I hope we can put our differences aside and become friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Perhaps you could also start a thread asking the same question but replace "Modern Rebel" with Acajack and see what responses you get.
You know what, you're right. My apologies to modernrebel. My comment in this thread was less meant for you and more generally due to my distaste over the entire subject which has recently overtaken this forum. I apologise unequivocally.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:32 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
Yes, I was never at war. I have no problem with Acajack, but he is constantly attacking me and won't tell me why. Here is the post I made the other day that set it off:

Pretty neutral right? That's what I thought anyway...but he said I am secretly trying to attack Quebec. I am from Quebec too. I have no bone to pick. Apologies for any offence caused.
I think its a matter of intention and whether the intention of the poster is honest with a willingness to engage in a meaningful dialogue or whether the poster simply has an agenda that they need to project at all costs. The former is certainly more of a benefit in the Canada section as opposed to he latter.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,435,571 times
And I thought Modern Rebel was a kind of shoe available in fine stores everywhere ..

https://www.nordstromrack.com/brands/Modern%20Rebel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada