Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 06:50 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
If Nova Scotia had Quebec's population it would get over 10 billion dollars in equalization a year. Something like that. So would Manitoba BTW.

PEI would get close to 20 billion dollars a year in equalization if it had Quebec's population.

(Quebec currently gets about 7-8 billion a year.)
There is definately a double standard from those who are using Quebec as a punching bag for transfer payments.. Its lame and agenda driven instead of fact and objectively driven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud canadian View Post
I admire your polite nature fusion2, but if we put aside the niceties the reality becomes apparent. Quebec is a Latin nation, and Canada is Anglo-Celtic. Either both will unite to ward off the Anglo-Germanic behemoth to the south, or both will perish.

It is no secret that the people of Quebec, being Latins, are anathema to the same standards of hard work and responsibility that are expected in Anglo Canada. Why work when you can stick your hand in the pocket of your hardworking Anglo neighbours? This is the great fault of the Canadian union. Anglo and Latin can never be united, unless one is overtaken by the other. The people of Quebec have proven astute enough to come to this realization.
Have you worked with Portuguese people?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:04 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,172,404 times
Quote:
I admire your polite nature fusion2, but if we put aside the niceties the reality becomes apparent. Quebec is a Latin nation, and Canada is Anglo-Celtic. Either both will unite to ward off the Anglo-Germanic behemoth to the south, or both will perish.

It is no secret that the people of Quebec, being Latins, are anathema to the same standards of hard work and responsibility that are expected in Anglo Canada. Why work when you can stick your hand in the pocket of your hardworking Anglo neighbours? This is the great fault of the Canadian union. Anglo and Latin can never be united, unless one is overtaken by the other. The people of Quebec have proven astute enough to come to this realization.
Pray, remind us, what exactly is the "Anglo-Germanic" behemoth to the south?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
You make a good point, fusion2. The Portuguese are a quintessential Latin people, whereas the French are on the fringe of the Latin race. We also must take into account that the French-Canadians have benefited from a significant infusion of Irish heritage. Nonetheless the French-Canadians remain inherently Latin, especially when compared to their Anglo-Celtic neighbours. It explains a lot about French-Canadian culture.
My point about Portuguese people - many of the the one's I have worked with (not all) but many are extremely hard working.. I hope you get the moral of the story...

Old 03-10-2015, 07:10 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,172,404 times
Quote:

If you are referring to the United States, here's some harsh reality from the United States Census Bureau:

I know I know your Fuehrer is going to have another nervous breakdown when he sees this chart.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:46 PM

194 posts, read 423,000 times
It is page 40. I think somebody should close this post.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:48 AM

542 posts, read 502,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some examples of this marginalization of the francophone community and oppression that the Anglophones supposedly put to francophones,
All i can find is the massive financial and production infrastructure that the Anglos brought to the province benefiting the province in a major economic way.If thats considered oppression and marginalization then feed me more of it.
I agree that anglos bring Quebec a boost in our economic health. Now you just need to convince the separatists.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
You wont convince the separatists of anything as they think with their hearts not their heads, you and i both see the economic benefit/necessity of remaining within the Canadian collective as a separation of Quebec from Canada will be an economic disaster for Quebec,as the new country of Quebec will fall flat on its face and resemble a northern version of a banana republic ruled by petty power hungry tin pot dictators.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:18 AM

74 posts, read 73,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You wont convince the separatists of anything as they think with their hearts not their heads, you and i both see the economic benefit/necessity of remaining within the Canadian collective as a separation of Quebec from Canada will be an economic disaster for Quebec,as the new country of Quebec will fall flat on its face and resemble a northern version of a banana republic ruled by petty power hungry tin pot dictators.
I thought you are a Quebec separatist? I remember you saying you vote for the PQ.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubbles81 View Post
I thought you are a Quebec separatist? I remember you saying you vote for the PQ.
Anglo separatist is what i said, i have different reasons than the francophone separatist for wanting Quebec to leave Canada, As an Anglo separatist i can remain a staunch/loyal Canadian and still want Quebec to go off on its own,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada