Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 01:37 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,019,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
And yet another supposedly foreign national mysteriously turns up on City-Data and within the first handful of posts he puts on its various forums, he somehow finds himself in some Quebec-oriented threads on the Canada forum, singing the praises of Canada's francophones, Quebec, and the Quebecois. Pure coincidence, I'm sure.
It's entirely possible that he's a fake. Or maybe it isn't.

Is it really that far beyond your realm of comprehension that someone from another country might come to sympathize with the Québécois "cause" (if we can call it that) and not take the classic Anglo-Canadian view of things as the Gospel truth?

Do you actually think that this Mr. Karlsson is in actual fact someone from Quebec who actually went on the European forum of city-data spouting crap about the EU simply as a diversion tactic so that he can then freely post about Quebec in the Canada section here without arousing suspicions?

Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,524,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I have a sneaking that this guy is someone who normally lives under a bridge.

Quote:
Is it really that far beyond your realm of comprehension that someone from another country might come to sympathize with the Québécois "cause" (if we can call it that) and not take the classic Anglo-Canadian view of things as the Gospel truth?
Spare me the histrionics, Acajack. Is it really beyond your comprehension that these fora are populated in part by little people who normally live under bridges?

Quote:
Do you actually think that this Mr. Karlsson is in actual fact someone from Quebec who actually went on the European forum of city-data spouting crap about the EU simply as a diversion tactic so that he can then freely post about Quebec in the Canada section here without arousing suspicions?

Really?
Um, no, I don't think it's a diversion at all. It's quite possible that this fella might be better off back under his bridge, though.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:50 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,019,680 times
Quote:
I have a sneaking that this guy is someone who normally lives under a bridge.

Spare me the histrionics, Acajack. Is it really beyond your comprehension that these fora are populated in part by little people who normally live under bridges?

Um, no, I don't think it's a diversion at all. It's quite possible that this fella might be better off back under his bridge, though.
You made me happy just by using the word "histrionics" in your post. Good vocabulary always impresses me!

Old 04-10-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
You made me happy just by using the word "histrionics" in your post. Good vocabulary always impresses me!
I aim to please, Acajack. Now please do what you can to avoid encouraging our troll problem here on City-Data. Swat down the sockpuppets where possible. Thank you very much in advance for your anticipated cooperation.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:05 PM

105 posts, read 98,052 times
Quote:
And yet another supposedly foreign national mysteriously turns up on City-Data and within the first handful of posts he puts on its various forums, he somehow finds himself in some Quebec-oriented threads on the Canada forum, singing the praises of Canada's francophones, Quebec, and the Quebecois. Pure coincidence, I'm sure.
It's hard not miss "Quebec-oriented threads" when half of your page is filled with them. I guess some things are hard to keep a secret. If that makes me a troll, then so be it.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Karlsson View Post
It's hard not miss "Quebec-oriented threads" when half of your page is filled with them. I guess some things are hard to keep a secret. If that makes me a troll, then so be it.
Sure. And what, exactly, are we trying to keep secret? And who, exactly, is trying to keep it secret?

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to let us all know why you, someone who is supposedly a Dane and who is alleged to live in the United States, would make a beeline for the Canada forum and start commenting with authority on the issues of French language rights in Canada and Quebec self-determination. Also, why did you try to provoke BruSan? A Dane commenting on EU threads soon after joining City-Data, I understand. A Dane taking great interest in matters concerning French Canadians and Quebec less than ten posts after he joins, I don't understand. People are far too forgiving of guys like you around these parts. I grew tired of this nonsense a long time ago.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:30 PM

105 posts, read 98,052 times
Quote:
Sure. And what, exactly, are we trying to keep secret? And who, exactly, is trying to keep it secret?

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to let us all know why you, someone who is supposedly a Dane and who is alleged to live in the United States, would make a beeline for the Canada forum and start commenting with authority on the issues of French language rights in Canada and Quebec self-determination. Also, why did you try to provoke BruSan? A Dane commenting on EU threads soon after joining City-Data, I understand. A Dane taking great interest in matters concerning French Canadians and Quebec less than ten posts after he joins, I don't understand. People are far too forgiving of guys like you around these parts. I grew tired of this nonsense a long time ago.
Where did I say I am a Dane? Oh yeah I didn't. You mean Swedish, right?

Apparently you have a huge chip on your shoulder about your Quebec thing. I haven't taken any great interest in your land, I made two comments about it and then you start insulting me for no reason. With a insecure attitude like that wonder so many of your people are determined to break away. I refuse to engage with you in an insecurity-driven debate, so I guess you win. I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Where did I say I am a Dane? Oh yeah I didn't. You mean Swedish, right?
Please accept my most sincere apologies, "Mr. Karlsson". You identified yourself as being European in another thread. I took a guess.

Quote:
Apparently you have a huge chip on your shoulder about your Quebec thing. I haven't taken any great interest in your land, I made two comments about it and then you start insulting me for no reason. With a insecure attitude like that wonder so many of your people are determined to break away. I refuse to engage with you in an insecurity-driven debate, so I guess you win. I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite.
I don't have a huge chip on my shoulder about Quebec. In fact, unlike most of the Canadian anglophones who chime in on Quebec-related threads here on City-Data, I've actually lived in Quebec, spending six months in each of Quebec City and Montreal amongst the people of Quebec, and I enjoyed my time there. You made two comments on matters concerning French Canadians and Quebec, strongly supportive of the linguistic rights of French Canadians and of the independence from Canada long hoped for by Quebec separatists, within your first four posts. When you were done with that, as your sixth post, you appear to have tried to provoke BruSan, a vocal Canadian anglophone poster with strong opinions who is well known to people who read threads on the Canada forum, by suggesting what he had offered in a thread was so poorly written that you couldn't understand it. It looks to me like you want to stir the pot and to get people worked up into a lather.

I can't for the life of me fathom why someone who is supposedly from Sweden would:
  1. have such keen interest in French Canadians and in Quebec;
  2. start posting opinions in favour of the right of Michel Thibodeau to assert rights he had been supposedly denied by Air Canada and expressing your excitement that Quebec will one day enjoy independence from Canada; and
  3. start posting about both of the foregoing less than five posts after joining City-Data.
I'd have to suspend reality and enter some kind of alternative universe where people in other countries take deep interest in French Canadians and in Quebec and constantly think about both in order to understand that, really. Or I could do something considerably less complicated and assume that this is a troll using a sockpuppet. And you just had to work in the stereotype about Canadians being friendly, didn't you? I don't have "a insecure attitude" [sic] about anything, my little "Swedish" friend. Now please go back under your bridge and engage in insecurity-driven debates about whatever with your fellow trolls.

Last edited by maclock; 04-10-2015 at 03:34 PM..

Old 04-10-2015, 03:52 PM

242 posts, read 242,393 times
Quote:

Really?
Because anyone who thinks that Quebec that those stupid Frenchies say something worthwile they must be trolls...

Old 04-11-2015, 03:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
Because anyone who thinks that Quebec that those stupid Frenchies say something worthwile they must be trolls...
All he's commented on so far is the abundance of"Quebec-oriented threads" in the Canada section ,and thinks our man who files a 100 legal actions against the government for linguistic trivialities is in his opinion a hero, Not a troll but perhaps some one not familiar or up to speed with the emotions and passions of the Quebec/Canada game.

Last edited by jambo101; 04-11-2015 at 04:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada