Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 04:24 PM

668 posts, read 983,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Even if white Hispanics were thrown into the mix, there is not enough of them here to make any change to those numbers at all.

No real surprises on this list, but its interesting that Quebec city is so white. I thought there would have been a bit more minorities there. Also, I would have thought that Regina and Saskatoon would have been more white.
Regina and saskatoon have a large Metis population, most of who would be considered white

Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 AM

72,824 posts, read 62,174,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
I'm sure you'll find all those things in a nice racially diverse place
Responding to a rational post with sarcasm/crass joke, not surprising.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Agreed. The implication is that people who aren't white aren't "real" Canadians, even if we're not talking about immigrants. I give the lie to that, I'm not included in those numbers above and I'm absolutely Canadian, of and from this country.
I have a friend from Canada, who happens to be Black. In my judgement, she is Canadian. She is of Canadian culture, born and raised in it, she basically is a Canadian. I don't consider skin color to be a requirement to be a Canadian.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,318,279 times
Quote:
I'm sure you'll find all those things in a nice racially diverse place
Actually, we can find all those things in a racially diverse place. We can find those things in most Canadian cities.

WTF is going on in this forum lately? It seems like there is a lot of people that should be on storm front coming over here.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Actually, we can find all those things in a racially diverse place. We can find those things in most Canadian cities.

WTF is going on in this forum lately? It seems like there is a lot of people that should be on storm front coming over here.
Well, the way I see it, this is often one of the more peaceful places for posting. The role of the stormfront types is a to stir up trouble and disturb the peace.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:46 PM

668 posts, read 983,345 times
Quote:

funny you say that, all i did was post official government statistics
'freedom of speech'

you cant even discuss 'diversity' or 'immigration' without being branded a racist
hell you cant even post official government statistics without being branded a racist

what a world we live in

Old 02-17-2015, 05:22 PM

89 posts, read 207,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
'freedom of speech'

you cant even discuss 'diversity' or 'immigration' without being branded a racist
hell you cant even post official government statistics without being branded a racist

what a world we live in
So true, and when you give them some evidence they still resort to using the "racist" card cause they have nothing to prove their views.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:41 PM

14,676 posts, read 14,779,386 times
Quote:

.... <snip> ....

Any surprises or thoughts on this ? ^
Nope. Is it supposed to be surprising? My only thought is I'm not understanding why you posted those stats. Can you please explain the purpose of your post?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
'freedom of speech'

what a world we live in
My comment wat not directed at you. I was talking about the saxon Lions racist comment. My comment had nothing to do with your original post.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's why when ever there's something like a "top 15" places to live list its always homogenous (mostly 'white'). Racially diverse areas never come up, maybe you can convince the white liberals to move into those diverse neighborhoods they claim to love so much. Most who have visited/lived in a city like Toronto have had negative things to say and i'm not surprised.
Toronto and Vancouver are not in the top places to live in Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada