Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 836 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am 38 year old IT guy. I can get job in Toronto which will pay me annually 75k to 80k. My other details are as below:

I am married. have 2 kids. One 5 year old other a month old. We are 100% vegetarian.

I would like to know the following:

What would be the tax liability?
What sort of house can I rent. By that I mean, do I need to rent house that would have separate rooms for kids or I can rent 1 Bed room kitchen apartment to save cost?
What is the average rent for 1 BHK and 3 BHK?
What is the average cost of meals for 100% Indian vegetarian?
How much initial investment I have to do for car etc.?
What about medical expenses?
What about schooling cost?

Thanks
Canvi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 10:39 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times
Moved from P&OC to Canada. I suppose that moving from Mumbai to Canada is political, if not controversial.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:27 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canvi View Post
Hi,

I am 38 year old IT guy. I can get job in Toronto which will pay me annually 75k to 80k. My other details are as below:

I am married. have 2 kids. One 5 year old other a month old. We are 100% vegetarian.

I would like to know the following:

What would be the tax liability?
What sort of house can I rent. By that I mean, do I need to rent house that would have separate rooms for kids or I can rent 1 Bed room kitchen apartment to save cost?
What is the average rent for 1 BHK and 3 BHK?
What is the average cost of meals for 100% Indian vegetarian?
How much initial investment I have to do for car etc.?
What about medical expenses?
What about schooling cost?

Thanks
Canvi
Dear Fellow IT guy,

Since few Canadians are responding this American will.
for taxes: Canadian income tax rates for Individuals - current and previous years
for a home: Toronto Sun | Toronto, ON | Classifieds
Be aware that the Canadian dollar is currently .80 of the American dollar
For fine foods there is a Costco in Toronto - This is a big box store plenty of veggies. Costco also sells disposable diapers and formula by the case.
I don't know the details or the waiting period but medical expenses are a public expense.
If Toronto follows the American model, your landlord will be paying a school tax.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:48 PM

800 posts, read 729,861 times
Toronto has a large Indian population. You will be fine.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Here are some sites you may find helpful.=
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...dian+community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada