Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 888 times

Advertisements

Hi

My wife and I both are professionals, I am in I.T and my wife is self employed Registered Massage Therapist in Alberta. We recently visited Windsor and really like the city.

We are contemplating on the idea of moving to Windsor and we would like to get the some feedback & pros/cons specially we would like to get answer to the following questions.

1. How is Windsor for opening a small business, like Medi SPA or some other business like I.T call center or so on. We read some where that people in Windsor has 11% more buying power than Edmonton.
2. I know job market is not good in Windsor so I will defiantly work in Detroit, which would be better for me.
3. What is the average pay rate for a receptionist, massage therapist, nail tech and technical support call center worker.
4. I would like to know how much income does a family of 4 would need to live in Windsor excluding the cost of housing. We live a moderate lifestyle like dine out once a week, goto movies once or twice a month.

Any info you provide us would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rosh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 01:03 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,224,068 times
A lot of people from all over Canada are discovering Windsor and all it has to offer. Lots of folks selling their homes and buying here, leaving them with lots of extra money to invest or put away for retirement. Things in Windsor are very affordable in Windsor compared to other Canadian cities.
It shouldn't be too hard to land an IT job if you're thinking of working in Detroit, as there are many IT workers from Windsor that commute to Detroit daily, either at one of the auto companies for R and D, or the tech cluster DT.
Hopefully your wife can find a fulfilling job here as well.
Good luck with your decision, I hope you make the move. It's a great city that seems to fly under the radar unfortunately!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada