Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 AM

242 posts, read 242,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Most of the Anglos i socialize with couldnt care less what Quebec does in the future ,they are fed up with Quebec and are unanimous on their wish to leave Quebec but for now are tied down by job/financial or family issues.
My own reasons for advocating Quebec separation is coming from a logical perspective,Quebec has made itself into its own distinct country within Canada over the last 60 years, A franco demographic that for the most part doesnt identify as Canadian except for the financial stability Canada brings, For them Canada is just a safety net .
The logical course of action IMO is to now give birth to this new country instead of remaining a subservient minority to the mother country Canada and being subjected to the whims, vagaries, rules and regulations of what in essence is a foreign country. The door is open,walk through it.
Why should we give up what you call a safety net just because we don't make tears when we see the Canadian flag? Some people think staying in Canada is the right thing to do (I am not one of these people) but they have many good reasons beyond wanting money security from Ottawa. Québec has a good thing going like we are now in Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 02:18 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
Why should we give up what you call a safety net just because we don't make tears when we see the Canadian flag? Some people think staying in Canada is the right thing to do (I am not one of these people) but they have many good reasons beyond wanting money security from Ottawa. Québec has a good thing going like we are now in Canada.
Its your cultural integrity on display here, just reading on this forum its quite obvious that francophones have major cultural paranoia with Anglophones dont identify with the country of Canada yet wont consider leaving Canada to form their own country because they are too comfortable with the financial security Canada has to offer. Yeah Quebec has a good thing going kinda like living at home with Mom and Dad.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:16 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,019,680 times
Quote:
Its your cultural integrity on display here, just reading on this forum its quite obvious that francophones have major cultural paranoia with Anglophones dont identify with the country of Canada yet wont consider leaving Canada to form their own country because they are too comfortable with the financial security Canada has to offer. Yeah Quebec has a good thing going kinda like living at home with Mom and Dad.
We're not living at home with Mom and Dad.

We're Mom.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:38 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
We're not living at home with Mom and Dad.

We're Mom.
*golf clap*

Well played. Where are you hiding the cookies?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:41 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,019,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
*golf clap*

Well played. Where are you hiding the cookies?
I was actually pretty proud of that one-liner!

Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times
I thought that was pretty funny too.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:15 PM

428 posts, read 450,780 times
Quote:
Take some responsibility. If you are going to pigeonhole all Quebecois as living off the teet, then that's partly on Canada for strongly encouraging Quebec to stay.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
I think Jambo will willingly take responsibility for those Quebecers not of separatist leanings and even slightly proud to call themselves Canadian.

YOU can accept responsibility for those who take and continuously demand more.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:58 PM

428 posts, read 450,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think Jambo will willingly take responsibility for those Quebecers not of separatist leanings and even slightly proud to call themselves Canadian.

YOU can accept responsibility for those who take and continuously demand more.
You know I am neither a separatist nor do I live in Quebec, right?

Old 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
You know I am neither a separatist nor do I live in Quebec, right?
Yes I know that. Why does that make a difference. Cripes, what is it with all of you?

I don't give a rip where all of this "take responsibility" stuff emanates from. Taking responsibility is a personality trait not confined to the ROC or Quebecers.

If you are supportive in any way to the concept of Quebec deserving of more of anything, you should own that as well as anyone being held accountable for "supposedly" subjugating Quebec.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada