Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:54 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,698,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I have a feeling that the NDP will win a minority. Unless Trudeau really steps up his game in getting votes. For now I don't see that happening and it seems people trust Mulcair the most as a leader out of the three. I do see Mulcair the most likely out of the three to "get things done". He seems the most serious about the position though Trudaeu seems the most passionate. I do feel Mulcair is most likely to stick to his promises and get things done. It's simply time for Harper to go.
It really depends on get what done.
Can I ask what is Mulcair proposing to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 12:24 PM

4,866 posts, read 10,508,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
It really depends on get what done.
Can I ask what is Mulcair proposing to do?
Govern with integrity, tempered by pragmatism. But honestly, major campaign promises have been 15$/day national daycare, a balanced budget (through an increase in the corporate income tax rate), 1.3 billion per year in dedicated funding for public transit initiatives, and no more muzzling federal scientists, among others.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:27 PM

26,820 posts, read 37,911,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Govern with integrity, tempered by pragmatism. But honestly, major campaign promises have been 15$/day national daycare, a balanced budget (through an increase in the corporate income tax rate), 1.3 billion per year in dedicated funding for public transit initiatives, and no more muzzling federal scientists, among others.
What the NDP is proposing sounds pretty clear to me.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
ok,

$15/day daycare
more spending on transit
strengthen the CCP and revert to 65 retirement
more spending on healthcare
lowering the tax rate for small business from 11 to 9 percent.
and balance budget

all this money comes from an increase in corporate income tax? From what to what? I am not so convinced by the numbers.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:00 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,830,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I have a feeling that the NDP will win a minority. Unless Trudeau really steps up his game in getting votes. For now I don't see that happening and it seems people trust Mulcair the most as a leader out of the three. I do see Mulcair the most likely out of the three to "get things done". He seems the most serious about the position though Trudaeu seems the most passionate. I do feel Mulcair is most likely to stick to his promises and get things done. It's simply time for Harper to go.
I think you're right

‘More about change’: New Ipsos poll shows most voters ok with Mulcair, Trudeau minority, just not Harper | Globalnews.ca

People want change and I definitely think its coming.. It'll be nice not to see Harper representing this country on the world stage anymore.. His goose is cooked and I think people who can't accept that reality should start accepting that reality - start letting it sink in... Can't wait!

Old 09-07-2015, 09:37 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,066,949 times
I often wonder just how well the NDP would do if they started talking about union support.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:23 AM

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/09/13/ndp-leader-thomas-mulcair-vows-spending-for-seniors.html

The NDP is promising spending spree again, not surprisingly, and of course with everyone else's money. Waiting new spending promise for the single moms and families with 5 kids.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:38 AM

26,820 posts, read 37,911,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/09/13/ndp-leader-thomas-mulcair-vows-spending-for-seniors.html

The NDP is promising spending spree again, not surprisingly, and of course with everyone else's money. Waiting new spending promise for the single moms and families with 5 kids.
What's interesting is that Justin Trudeau every time I hear him is always saying Thomas Mulcair wants to cut and cut, just like Stephen Harper wants to cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada