Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:46 PM

81 posts, read 101,191 times

Advertisements

41% of Canada say there are too many non-white people in Canada, and just under half say there are too many immigrants. Almost 2/3 also want to ban religious wear called niqabs at citizenship ceremonies. Is Canada becoming less welcoming to immigrants or what? I admit I am really disappointed to see this. This type of racism shouldn't stand in a multicultural nation.

The EKOS poll: Are Canadians getting more racist?

Old 09-15-2015, 05:52 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,100,528 times
Unlike the United States of America, Canada's demographics show it is still over 75% white.

Something tells me those polled live in minority strongholds such as Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:03 PM

81 posts, read 101,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Unlike the United States of America, Canada's demographics show it is still over 75% white.
That is what's frightening about this. The US isn't as a white as Canada and never has been, but polls show that American people there aren't even close to being as opposed to non-white people as here. I believed Canada was better than this, but recent polls show a strong spike in racist beliefs. What worries me more is that white people still control almost everything here, at least in Ontario but at the same time people are showing signs of unapologetic racism.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:14 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightkid View Post
41% of Canada say there are too many non-white people in Canada, and just under half say there are too many immigrants. Almost 2/3 also want to ban religious wear called niqabs at citizenship ceremonies. Is Canada becoming less welcoming to immigrants or what? I admit I am really disappointed to see this. This type of racism shouldn't stand in a multicultural nation.

Holy Cow!..That's a giant leap to designating racism..

Of course Immigrant's cluster in high populated area's..but as someone already said above..75 % of Canada is actually white..whether Irish, British, light Italian or whatever. However our whole Country is a conglomerate of ethnic background like any NEW NATION which became populated by Immigrants from afar.....The only actually Original Canadian's are the North American Indian population who got segregated into isolated area's...I know..because I have worked on those "Reserves"..Money thrown at them..which got squandered by some unethical "Chiefs"..Finally, when validations of $ expenditures were required..things are getting somewhat improved..but not across the board by any means!!

I truly hate Polls like this..as they don't bother posting their actual question to the pollsters..just the % of answers...Totally biased IMO!!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:15 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightkid View Post

I don't agree with the link that is made between niqabs and niqabs and citizenship ceremonies, and racism. It's seen as automatically linked by some but I think that's BS.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:30 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machjo View Post
I'm guessing that those who want Canada to be more 'white' are uneducated English or French monolinguals who covet their better-educated multilingual neighbours with better-paying professions.
Most of the most affluent Canadians are unilingual speakers of English I'd say.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:36 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,921 times
If white Canadians are so worried about minority Canadians running the country, why don't they just let the KKK/white supremacists rule Canada? Or force the minorities to bleach their hair and to wear colored contacts LOL

Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Even Owen Sound is likely to change. Some people just can't get a break!
lol- ok fine Timmins

Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy999 View Post
why are you all so comfortable with Canada becoming a predominately foreign nation? Are you aware of that would do to your standard of living?

Yeah it will keep the population up and the economy afloat.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:24 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,525,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy999 View Post
why are you all so comfortable with Canada becoming a predominately foreign nation? Are you aware of that would do to your standard of living?
I'm sorry but Canada is not a state built on ethnic nationalism and it certainly isn't one centered around the concept of "whites" being that people, and never was, historically the conflicts and divisions in this country between white ethnic groups has been pronounced. Likewise, being not white doesn't make someone a foreigner, or incapable of "Canadian-ness". Some of the most engaged and passionate Canadians I know happen to not be white. Certainly, the suggestion that not being white would result in Canada not being a developed nation any more is absolutely ludicrous, Canadians who are visible minorities are by and large not less educated or productive than white people and live in this country with all of its blessings. Argue what you will about immigration policy, but to suggest that Canada cannot be a nice, civilized place to live if it is not predominantly white is the definition of racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada