Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 10:51 AM

6 posts, read 4,307 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any tips on how to shop this Black Friday online? I have no motivation to face the crowd, so online shopping it is!! yay

I looked up on reddit and these seem to be the only websites that are promoting canadian deals

Black Friday Canada 2015 Deals - Best Black Friday Sales | Shopbot.ca - shopbot.ca
Black Friday Canada 2015 Deals, Sales and Flyers - RedFlagDeals.com - redflagdeals
Black Friday Canada Deals - smartcanucks

Does any one know any of these?? or have any tips to share??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 05:12 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
I doubt that there would be very many deals this year at least not on this side of the border... the exchange rate hurts retailers when they import stuff, so the chances of scoring major sales are a bit low.

Trying to shop via U.S. websites is worse... automatic 25% premium with the current exchange rate. So calculate that into any "discount" for Black Friday. JCrew is one of the exceptions, they're at least offering duty-free shopping to Canadians. I don't know how many other U.S. retailers are doing that, though.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I dont think this Black Friday event is anywhere near as big a deal here in Canada as it is in the USA,
In my social circles no one is talking about it and theres no advertising for such an event in any of the stores and malls i frequent..
I watch the yearly stampede/frenzy for this event on US media sources such as CNN and wonder why people just dont shop online.I find it absurd that some will camp out a day or so before the event to get into a particular store just to buy a tv or other frivolous appliance.
Black Friday? i dont get it .

Old 11-26-2015, 06:12 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Better deal is the American that come up here our dollar is at a recoded 10 year Low so already save 25 cents CDN on every with U.S. buck spent but make sure to double check both countries prices.

Since probably should know what and where the best deals are going on by this morning and if you have no idea or are enjoying it at home or going out to friends or family tonight for dinner then wish all our American Posters Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:31 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
A friend of mine has already made a purchase, LOL. I doubt I will buy anything specific. I am more focused on getting rid of stuff I don't need now.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:52 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Well I tried to shop on Bestbuy.ca to get PS4 games and the damned website was wrought with technical difficulties.. Shopping started at midnight and by 130 am I still couldn't get anything in my damned cart. I gave up - woke up this morning and everything I wanted sold out online.. Im tired, have a headache from lack of sleep, didn't get anything, wasted 2hours of my life and I have to go to work now.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I HATE BLACK FRIDAY...............

Old 11-27-2015, 07:09 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well I tried to shop on Bestbuy.ca to get PS4 games and the damned website was wrought with technical difficulties.. Shopping started at midnight and by 130 am I still couldn't get anything in my damned cart. I gave up - woke up this morning and everything I wanted sold out online.. Im tired, have a headache from lack of sleep, didn't get anything, wasted 2hours of my life and I have to go to work now.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I HATE BLACK FRIDAY...............
hahahahahahahaha.
can't believe you spent the whole night trying to buy a PS4. Never understood why adults are addicted to these toys.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:39 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
hahahahahahahaha.
can't believe you spent the whole night trying to buy a PS4. Never understood why adults are addicted to these toys.
Well it wasn't the whole night - it was 2.5 hours lol.. I was actually not just on the prowl for some PS4 games for myself but also family and friends as gifts. I grew up with Video games Botti - from the time I was a wee lad and my first taste of Atari and Coleco Vision and than up to Nintendo, the Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo and as the years went buy N64, PS1, 2, 3, 4 always enjoyed video games as much of an an adult toy as they are for young ones and with the content in most of them even more so.. They are fun and I make no apologies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada