Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:27 AM

9 posts, read 6,552 times

Advertisements

I am looking for relatives of Mrs Eva Gough , in the sixtys she was living in 14th Ave Milliken Ontario, I was in touch then back in the sixtys but lost touch and would like to get in touch with any family member, hoping someone knows this name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 12:56 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Is this her: Eva Ruth Fisher Gough (1930 - 1997) - Find A Grave Memorial

Old 12-01-2015, 04:09 AM

Default eva gough

Thank you for the link, unfortunately I do not know if this the right one, as I said I lost touch in the sixtys, and have very little information. As I am in the U.K it makes it even more difficult to find out,any suggestions you might have to help me in my search would be helpful.
Regards Mike Watson

Old 12-01-2015, 09:48 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
You could try contacting the person who put up that grave. There is a name there which, when clicked on, will take you to the creator's information. It would also be helpful if you knew whether Eva Gough was married and if that is her married name, and if married, what her husband's first name might be.

Here is another Eva:
http://www.dixongarland.com/book-of-...Printable=true

If that is your Eva, or to find out if it is your person, you can try locating the information for her children and calling to see whether it could be a relation.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:39 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
You could try contacting the person who put up that grave. There is a name there which, when clicked on, will take you to the creator's information. It would also be helpful if you knew whether Eva Gough was married and if that is her married name, and if married, what her husband's first name might be.

Here is another Eva:
http://www.dixongarland.com/book-of-...Printable=true

If that is your Eva, or to find out if it is your person, you can try locating the information for her children and calling to see whether it could be a relation.

The OP mentions 14th Ave Milliken, which is now part of Markham/Unionville, and so this second one is more likely to be the right one. In the 60s that area was all farm land and in the 1935 electorate, there was a Samuel Gough listed as a farmer in that area.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:52 AM

Default gough family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
The OP mentions 14th Ave Milliken, which is now part of Markham/Unionville, and so this second one is more likely to be the right one. In the 60s that area was all farm land and in the 1935 electorate, there was a Samuel Gough listed as a farmer in that area.
Thank you for your information, I have found some paper with the name of Samuel Gough so I think that it is a possibility that this is the right family, as I am Uk based it is not so easy to find names and addresses for the people in the Obituary .
Any useful links to these people that anyone has would be most helpful, thanking everyone in advance.
Regards Mike Watson

Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewatson View Post
Thank you for your information, I have found some paper with the name of Samuel Gough so I think that it is a possibility that this is the right family, as I am Uk based it is not so easy to find names and addresses for the people in the Obituary .
Any useful links to these people that anyone has would be most helpful, thanking everyone in advance.
Regards Mike Watson
Actually, Mike, we locals, ironically, have no more information than you do. I haven't seen a phone book for 5 years now. The internet seems to be the only way I would suggest looking up some of those names on Facebook and sending messages.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:13 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
vectoris is right - we have no more resources at hand than you do. You can google the address of the funeral home in the obits and see if someone will pass on your message to one of the lady's children. You can google the children's names. In the case of daughters, try googling the name of the spouse since here women are often listed under the name of the spouse. There are phone books and numbers online but you often only need to google the person's name and the province, taking the chance that they have not moved out of province. You have a good shot, no matter which Gough you find of finding someone who will know of the family.

For example, I believe that that one of the daughters is married to an edminson or something like that, and there is a man with the name of the husband with a dental practise in Ottawa. Look up the website or make a phone call. Explain yourself to the receptionist and he or she will pass on a message to the dentist who would probably get back to you if only to tell you that it is the wrong person

ETA: the best free phone book online is canada411.ca Searching for the Bob Hayter mentioned as the husband of one of the daughters, the phone book shows there are two Bob Hayters in Ontario, one in Dashwood and one in Varna. There is also one in BC but I would start by calling the two in Ontario. Maybe vectoris knows which town might be the closest to where Eva lived.

Last edited by netwit; 12-02-2015 at 10:32 AM..

Old 12-02-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewatson View Post
Regards Mike Watson

Mike, that last obit link had a picture of Eva. Did you see it? Does it resemble your Eva?

Netwit - I checked Dashwood and Varna. They're two little towns close to each other near Stratford. Quite far from Markham. There are quite a few R Hayters listed, that Mike could start calling.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:26 PM

LOL. You know those 6 degrees of separation??? I looked up one of Eva's sons-in-law, Peter Edmison on Facebook. I found the right one - there were Goughs on his friends list. My cursor slid over another of his friends who is a friend of one of MY friends. Now that is a weird coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada