Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 05:18 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

I must say I think these posts by Botti are among his finest.. I am in alignment with him here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 05:43 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I must say I think these posts by Botti are among his finest.. I am in alignment with him here.
I know. It's kind of refreshing.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:45 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Great link.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:18 PM

242 posts, read 242,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
The land was there before it had a name. A rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.
So what? If you take a piece of land and fill it with Indians it will look like India. Take a land and fill it with Chinese and it will be China. Take that land and fill it with French and British people and it will look like Canada. They have to assimilate or else Canada will start to resemble the countries these people left, so going by basic intelligence we need immigrants who assimilate not immigrants who will segregate and recreation their old country in Canada. The first nations were a third world people so this land is only first world because it was settled by French and British. If it wasn't for British and French then people wouldn't want to immigrate here. They are immigrating to the child of the British and French nations which is what Canada is. How many immigrants move to Canada so they can live on first nations reserve? This is just common sense it is really sad that we have to sweep this under the matt and pretend that this isn't true so our only option is to throw away truth so that we can be PC.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:28 PM

242 posts, read 242,502 times
Can anyone though tell me that what I am saying isn't 100% truthful? If we fill Canada with all Chinese and give them the Canadian laws do you think it will be like Canada is today? No why would it be like Canada? It will replicate China. Just like Australia doesn't resemble China or India or Nigeria it resembles Britain because they came from Britain so that is the culture. here's a tough question: what would language, economy, and government of the West of Canada speak if it was colonized by the Arabs instead of the British? Hint....not English...this is just ground level stuff but we are brainwashed to deny it.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
So what? If you take a piece of land and fill it with Indians it will look like India. Take a land and fill it with Chinese and it will be China. Take that land and fill it with French and British people and it will look like Canada. They have to assimilate or else Canada will start to resemble the countries these people left, so going by basic intelligence we need immigrants who assimilate not immigrants who will segregate and recreation their old country in Canada. The first nations were a third world people so this land is only first world because it was settled by French and British. If it wasn't for British and French then people wouldn't want to immigrate here. They are immigrating to the child of the British and French nations which is what Canada is. How many immigrants move to Canada so they can live on first nations reserve? This is just common sense it is really sad that we have to sweep this under the matt and pretend that this isn't true so our only option is to throw away truth so that we can be PC.
What is your expectation in terms of assimilation? Assimilation to what exactly? Should they shed all aspects of their cultural and linguistic identity? As for values and laws, well we have those so I do think anyone who comes to Canada is expected to assimilate in certain ways and adhere to requirements such as in the Charter and requirements in our laws but yes - laws do evolve and thank goodness for that! What do you want from them exactly?

I think the vast majority of immigrants/refugees who come to Canada end up speaking one of either French or English and end up becoming contributing members of our society... What is the problem?

Last edited by fusion2; 11-23-2015 at 06:38 PM..

Old 11-23-2015, 06:31 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,101 times
But are single male skilled workers still welcome as a newcomer in Canada?

Old 11-23-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
But are single male skilled workers still welcome as a newcomer in Canada?
Remember these are refugees and from a very specific place coming for very specific reasons - there are other avenues to come to Canada.. A skilled immigrant for example (including many single males) which are part of the 250K that come to Canada every year.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:52 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
Then let's take in 3 billion starving people around the earth? Oh no? Of course not. Only this group of mostly 30 year old male economic migrants because it is the new Buzzfeed hastag of the day. We run a country not a charity. If you want to invite a true refugee into your home you can but why is Canadian going to be required to take in thousands of people with no benefit to Canadian people. You are repeating the same mentality that has becoming a glaring failure in European countries like Sweden and France and began to ethnic slums all over them.If you didn't assimilate and you say it proudly that is sad and part of the reason why this entire movement needs to be questioned. You trash Canada all the time and say you would have been in the US but Canada was a background choice, come on dude why would I want to bring in more people like that who only care about their own nationalities goals. We in Quebec aren't stupid, we became a minority in our own country through smoothtalk like you are doing and look what happened. Don't be daft.
we are not talking about 3 billion people here. We are talking about 25000 on the verge of death due to a war they had no part of. 25000 is a small number which Canada can completely accomodate. No, we are not running a charity, sure, but first as mentioned there is a moral obligation which I shouldn't need to convince you of, and second, these live are not pure costs to Canada. Most of them will become workers and tax payers. For Christ's sake, even Toronto has more people on pure social assistence year after year, why should we keep them? Just because they are lucky enough to be born in Canada? keep in mind, if every country acts selfishly and turns them away, most of these people will DIE. I am more comfortably knowing I at least did my part, even though I can't save everyone. It is not like it will cost you that much.

As to France, I said specifically that it has its historic reasons as well as social reasons. Canada doesn't have to repeat that mistake. I simply don't believe that the Muslims are so fundamentally different from other people and most of them are simply incompartible with the rest of the world. They have their ways of doing things, just like you have a different way from the English speakers.

And I don't know why you feel like a minority when French Canada accounts for 25% of the population. I am not white and I hardy feel that much of a "minority". Rather I am comfortable in Canada knowing most people don't really care where I am from.

Yes I said I don' assimilate in terms I still largely stick to my own way of life and friends. SO what? Is that wrong? Everything I do is completely harmless. You wanna Canada to be all the same like a suburb in Quebec?

Sorry, Canada is not my background choice but I said many times it is for many others including many of my friends, often for good reasons. Canada and me work well actually. Do you think if I really want to move to the US, I can't? I have a master from an American university and 10 years of work experience. I am not leaving but I find Canada and particularly Toronto is a great place to live, albeit with many things I don't like. In fact there are probably two or three cities in the US I would move to if a great opportunit arises. The advantage of living in the US is higher pay and lower cost of living but honestly the past years life experience tells me making more money won't necessarily make me happier. And none of the cities I think attractive has a lower cost of living than Toronto. And I didn't "trash" Canada. I said said things that are true but sound harsh to Canadians. I voted liberal in the federa election, something I couldn't imagine 5 years ago. People learn, adapt and change. Why can't give the Muslim refugees a chance?

I am deeply disappointed by the narrow-mindness and selfishness of many Canadians here. YOU ARE NOT SUPERIOR TO THE MUSLIMs.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:01 PM

Well said Botti!! I wish I could rep you a few times with your posts in here! Don't think most Canadians hold these narrow- minded, xenophobic and selfish views even though sometimes they come off the loudest, they aren't representative of all of us. The Canada I know has a heart!

You're just as much a Canadian btw as anyone else! Same goes for my muslim friends both colleagues and personal friends whom I know many.

Last edited by fusion2; 11-23-2015 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada