Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:50 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times

Advertisements

Sounds good to me. Now would people just get up and move to one of the "admired" countries and reduce our population here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 10:24 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
The world needs your help? Last time I checked, Canada offered to accept 25000 refugees, while the US being 9 times larger and richer, might accept 10,000.
As long as you're not a man.

Quote:
Yeah, we help by giving the living a better chance to survive. You help by ... keeping bombing and creating more chaos. Nice work. How did bombing Afghanistan work out by the way? Are people enjoying their freedom and democracy now?
We weren't trying to spread democracy there, we were trying to destroy Al Qaeda, the group who attacked us and was being harbored by the Taliban.

Quote:
One would be really foolish to think the US is doing the world a favour by all its double standard overt and covert operations. Even the Ukraine crisis is largely NATO/US's fault.
How is that US's fault?

Old 12-11-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
If you're talking about the present why does it matter a ratz azz about your ancestors in Halifax?

Mine come from the first landings and discovery of north America in Labrador at least 400 years prior to Columbus. I can also trace, on my mothers side, to guys who fought in the Civil War, Spanish
American War..(first American soldier to enter the city of Santiago) who eventually emigrated to Canada...your point would be what exactly?
You brought up the past, this is all I was talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston...ifax_relations

Quote:
Canada, in terms of choice, was an all volunteer force. Can America say the same?
But you were a part of the dominion, once war was declared by Britain you were at war as well.

Old 12-11-2015, 12:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You brought up the past, this is all I was talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston...ifax_relations

But you were a part of the dominion, once war was declared by Britain you were at war as well.
WRONG! Perhaps for WWI but most assuredly not for WWII after the Statute of Westminster in 1931:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declar..._war_by_Canada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...g_World_War_II

As long as America and it's stupid foreign policy are in control of NATO and have pre-eminent influence over how the conflict will be patterned, I want Canada completely out of the fray altogether. Sacrificing Canadian troops to further the American MIC or Haliburton et-al profits, is not in my playbook.

America is not in it for anything other than it's own interests and could give a ratz patoot for the welfare of the people. It has been thus for decades. You don't rush in for anyone's benefit but your own.

Last edited by BruSan; 12-11-2015 at 12:59 PM..

Old 12-11-2015, 12:54 PM

23 posts, read 29,224 times
Canadian Army don't do only air strikes. They help refugees also.

Quote:
Canadian Armed Forces bases preparing to house Syrian refugees

Preparations are currently underway at military bases in Ontario and Quebec to potentially aid the Liberal government with its plan to intake 25,000 refugees by the end of the year.

Canadian Armed Forces bases preparing to house Syrian refugees | Globalnews.ca
And we live in the most tolerant country in the world.
Quote:
Why is Canada the most tolerant country in the world? Luck

Is Canada the most tolerant place in the world because Canadians are more enlightened than others? The answer is no. Accidents of geography and history account for our blessings.

Some may dispute the premise of the question above, but I do believe that Canada can make an honest claim to being the most open-minded and open-hearted place on earth. For two decades now, a land once occupied by descendants of European settlers has been importing just under 1 per cent of its population annually – 258,000 in 2012, more than five million in total – with most new arrivals coming from Asia and the Pacific. No other country on earth has done such a thing. No country brings in as many immigrants as we do, on a per capita basis, from as many different places. And we all get along with each other amazingly well.

Why is Canada the most tolerant country in the world? Luck - The Globe and Mail

Old 12-11-2015, 12:58 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
As long as you're not a man.

We weren't trying to spread democracy there, we were trying to destroy Al Qaeda, the group who attacked us and was being harbored by the Taliban.

How is that US's fault?
A man? I see any number of men in this video.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/wo...nada.html?_r=0

Old 12-11-2015, 01:21 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
This report has come up before. In my opinion it doesn't mean much. The Reputation Institute is a private consulting company.
They rank countries after collecting data from CONSUMERS.

I'm not sure if a pat on the back from consumers means much for the country as a whole. It means more to businesses hawking their wares.

https://www.reputationinstitute.com/...5691f452e82d41

Old 12-11-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A man? I see any number of men in this video.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/wo...nada.html?_r=0
Sorry, single men.

Canada to turn away single men as part of Syrian refugee resettlement plan | World news | The Guardian

Old 12-11-2015, 06:12 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
That's old news from November 23, 2015. They amended their decisions about that less than 48 hours afterwards to include vulnerable / at risk single men and single men who were members of whole incoming families or who had sponsoring family already waiting for them in Canada.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:29 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
It must be nice to have this big dumb tough guy to your south so when the going gets tough you can just say "yeah, we're just gonna stop fighting now".

But I suppose that's why you voted Justine into office.

Most admired country my arse!
Actually I think you sometimes have to do exactly that and pull out of a place.. I mean the U.S has also done the same didn't it back in Vietnam and many other places. Perhaps not getting involved intrusively in the first place is the best solution of all.... Perhaps 9/11 would never have happened if the west under the lead of the U.S didn't intrusively meddle in the affairs of others... Sometimes, often times the Frankenstein monsters of the world were created by our own doing Victor.

Last edited by fusion2; 12-11-2015 at 07:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada