Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 06:08 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think anyone who looks at the daily news on TV or online can't help but have noticed it.

To be truthful I don't think it will happen because eventually (hopefully) sensible heads will prevail. I think there's some mass hysteria in a hornet's nest happening down there right now but they're always on the verge of paranoid hysteria about something anyway so what else is new?

But it also doesn't bother me if they want to put troops along their northern border as long as they're doing it on their own dime. And as long as they're looking south just as much as north because they really need to watch out more for their own miscreants headed north than for anything coming out of Canada. So having their own troops stretched out along the border may help prevent a lot of their own fear ridden less intelligent voters from trying to cross illegally or trying to do something really stupid at the border whenever they reach another fevered pitch about whatever causes their next bought of hysteria.

But mainly I'm okay with it because America is the world's #1 producer and smuggler of prohibited firearms into Canada and to ALL other countries in the world. So if they put their own troops all along the border I'm hopeful it would cut down on the number of illegal American firearms, gun parts and ammunition that are presently being smuggled into Canada by land and going into the hands of gangs and other criminals. I would not expect the smuggling into Canada to be completely eliminated but I think having troops in all the empty places that are presently unguarded should at least act as a deterrent to gun runners. And to other idiots doing stuff like human trafficking and drug trafficking, etc..

I think most of the troops would actually be bored stiff but at least they would get some R & R.

I'm an American and trust me, we are faaarrr too busy being the most powerful and influential nation the planet has ever known to be nearly as paranoid as you think we are, mmm-kay?

Man how I wish you bordered Mexico, then you'd see how fortunate you really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 07:14 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
If you want to talk about who is gullible and full of fear, it's the the guy who actually thinks a) Ben Carson will ever be president and b) that US troops will go to the Canadian border. It looks like you forget that we are two different countries and the majority of countries of troops at their broders. The sense of entitlement is a joke. We are two different countries and the US government doesn't owe Canadians anything and has been friendly enough to treat us unusually well for a foreign country. That is extremely rare in the book of hyperpowers. We can't have it both ways.... if we want to be treated as basically a best friend extension of the US then it is up to them and they have the right to revoke that if we start doing things they don't agree with like bringing in low quality immigrants and refugees that aren't wanted there.
Which one of you thinks Ben Carson will be elected?

Was that the topic title......... nooooo......I think not.

Reading comprehension skills need be of the very basic variety to enable relevant answers.

Where was it stated we were owed anything by the U.S. Was the question even asked? Nope again.

Brother, you're a veritable master at this assumptive stuff ain't ya?

Old 12-17-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I'm an American and trust me, we are faaarrr too busy being the most powerful and influential nation the planet has ever known to be nearly as paranoid as you think we are, mmm-kay?

Man how I wish you bordered Mexico, then you'd see how fortunate you really are.
Two observations: First being that of the paranoia word you used to describe any number of your GOP candidates spouting nothing but fear inducing hyperbole and receiving higher polling numbers as reward in what would look to any casual observer to be in direct relationship to the state of paranoia in America. It's been a noted phenomena by the world and has been for a very long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pa...rican_Politics

The Most Exceptional Thing About America Is Our Paranoia | The Nation

Donald Trump is the symptom of a new paranoia in American politics - Telegraph

Paranoia Has Deep Roots In American Politics

Second point being about your border with Mexico versus your addiction to their cheap labour and democratic votes: how come you're not putting troops down there? I mean, if it's so bad and all?

Old 12-17-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
Typical anglo Canadian culture of fear. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror and ask what you are doing to make us look less trustowrthy. That would never cross you mind would it? Oh dear....

You assume my post was cultural in nature, fear induced in origin, and "stating" anything whatsoever rather than simply "asking" a question.

How does one make those leaps without having at least a jumping off point? I think I know......

Why would some inept boob 'suggesting' American troops be posted along the 49th induce fear in specifically an anglo Canadian?

Gotta pick a better word than that PBJ....perhaps "derision", "contempt", "scorn" or "ridicule worthy" might better suite the intent of the O/P's post......

"Trustworthy"? Seriously?

Old 12-17-2015, 07:59 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Second point being about your border with Mexico versus your addiction to their cheap labour and democratic votes: how come you're not putting troops down there? I mean, if it's so bad and all?
Stop it man. I don't want to lose my lawn guys. You're crazy if you think I can find some neighborhood kid to cut and edge my grass, trim all the shrubs on a third of an acre for $30.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:02 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,783 times
Quote:
Dude, we just elected Justin freakin' Trudeau. I don't think people here are any more enlightened than the average potato chip eating American. In my own experience people on this side of the border are just as likely to think they are an exception to the rule when in reality they are just as stupid as the people they put down.
This. Kinda like the people who thought voting for their guy would result in free mortgages, gas, food, phones, etc. There's a video of it on YouTube.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Stop it man. I don't want to lose my lawn guys. You're crazy if you think I can find some neighborhood kid to cut and edge my grass, trim all the shrubs on a third of an acre for $30.
Haaar! Without verification; I'm sorta guilty myself as the landscape crew that does our community down here is.......well,..........all of the "lower norteamericano" persuasion. I'd hate for the cost of our yearly maintenance fees to reflect a "change".

GUILTY!

Old 12-17-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
This. Kinda like the people who thought voting for their guy would result in free mortgages, gas, food, phones, etc. There's a video of it on YouTube.
And what was the result again?...............Not one, but two terms.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:47 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Two observations: First being that of the paranoia word you used to describe any number of your GOP candidates spouting nothing but fear inducing hyperbole and receiving higher polling numbers as reward in what would look to any casual observer to be in direct relationship to the state of paranoia in America. It's been a noted phenomena by the world and has been for a very long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pa...rican_Politics

The Most Exceptional Thing About America Is Our Paranoia | The Nation

Donald Trump is the symptom of a new paranoia in American politics - Telegraph

Paranoia Has Deep Roots In American Politics
Oh hey, a couple of unhinged lefty loony writers said it, so it must mean its a fact.

Trump and Carson are getting combined about 30% of the GOP polling numbers and dropping. GOP voters make up approximately 25% of the electorate according to the most recent polling. That's 30% of 25% so that's roughly 7% of the US electorate who are responding well to the rhetoric coming out of their campaigns.

But of course, we are famous the world over for being paranoid. I suppose because 7% of the US is homosexual the world thinks we are all gay too BruSan?

Old 12-17-2015, 10:20 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
If you want to talk about who is gullible and full of fear, it's the the guy who actually thinks a) Ben Carson will ever be president and b) that US troops will go to the Canadian border. It looks like you forget that we are two different countries and the majority of countries of troops at their broders. The sense of entitlement is a joke. We are two different countries and the US government doesn't owe Canadians anything and has been friendly enough to treat us unusually well for a foreign country. That is extremely rare in the book of hyperpowers. We can't have it both ways.... if we want to be treated as basically a best friend extension of the US then it is up to them and they have the right to revoke that if we start doing things they don't agree with like bringing in low quality immigrants and refugees that aren't wanted there.

You are so right, we should only do things that Ameicans approve of. It would also save us money as we can get rid of our Senate as we would be able to send all of our bills to the US Congress for approval.

What makes an immigrant low quality to you? Not white, not rich,not conservative, not Christian ?

And you do not speak for the rest of us stating that those who are fleeing ISIS are not wanted here. And even if the majority of Canadians do not want them does not make that right. The majority of Canadians were against the Jewish refugees from Germany before WWII, were fine with the interment of the Canadian citizens of Japanese origin and thought sending Native Children to residental schools to get the Indian out of them was a great idea.

The Untied States is not our friend is we are not allowed to be a soverign nation doing what we think is best for us or for the world. We support the US when we think they are right and oppose them when we think they are wrong. That is what friends do. Agreeing with them all the time and not doing anything that we would like to do but do not think they want us to do is not being a friend. I for one do not want to be considered my country as an extension of anther country. You do not speak for all of us that we think that we should be an extension of the US.

The comments were not from fear of Ben Carson being elected president and sending troops to our border but mostly how silly it is for someone who is running for president would actually think they should send troops to the border and that some people support this fellow. I also think your comment that we should never do anything that they US doesn't like or we deserve to have troops send to the border is also silly. And many Americans think that our reaction to the refugess is better than their own government's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada