Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM

34 posts, read 121,077 times

Advertisements

I don't know if there any dressage riders on here but I am thinkig of movig to Montreal but I am having a hard time googleing info to find stables there. I am looking for a well kept facillity with large pastures etc. Where can I find this info or is there ayone here that boards there horse. I notice there's alot of stbles in Ontario but I am looking to move to Montreal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:31 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,383,594 times
I had to do a double take when I saw your post - dressage is not something one often sees on this forum. Have you thought about going through the dressage federation - there are numerous organizations that can provide the information you are seeking.

I truly wish I could be of more help - dressage has been my passion for many years.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Smile hello

I've been googleing and I did try the dressage federation there so there are some stables I am looking at right now. Do you ride ? I have an Andalusian and I'm seriously looking at moving to Canada. I found quite a few stables but I was just wondering of anyone there could highly recommend one.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,727 times
Default Dressage around Montreal...

Hi Channy

Your best bet would be to post your question on some of the Canadian and/or dressage BBs, such as EMG, Equestrian Connection and good ol' Ultimate Dressage (I know there are a few Montrealers on UD fer sure).

Evi Strasser is based north of Montreal, towards Mt Tremblant. The big horse area that I know of is west of Montreal, Hudson - there are two good tack stores there - Crazy Carousel and Sandridge Saddlery - polo fields (private club, though), horse trials courses, h/j stuff, etc, so I'm guessing there's probably dressage also!

Websites for all of the above can be found with help from Google.

Montreal is only a couple of hours from Ottawa, which has some big international dressage shows at the Nepean Horse Park, and there are some fairly bnt trainers based in the Ottawa area: Liz Steacy, Ruth Koch, Suzanne Dutt-Roth, etc.

Ottawa Area Dressage Group is the local Cadora sect.

Are you bilingual? That'd make life very much easier for you, certainly!

Good luck!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scallywaggler View Post
Hi Channy

Your best bet would be to post your question on some of the Canadian and/or dressage BBs, such as EMG, Equestrian Connection and good ol' Ultimate Dressage (I know there are a few Montrealers on UD fer sure).

Evi Strasser is based north of Montreal, towards Mt Tremblant. The big horse area that I know of is west of Montreal, Hudson - there are two good tack stores there - Crazy Carousel and Sandridge Saddlery - polo fields (private club, though), horse trials courses, h/j stuff, etc, so I'm guessing there's probably dressage also!

Websites for all of the above can be found with help from Google.

Montreal is only a couple of hours from Ottawa, which has some big international dressage shows at the Nepean Horse Park, and there are some fairly bnt trainers based in the Ottawa area: Liz Steacy, Ruth Koch, Suzanne Dutt-Roth, etc.

Ottawa Area Dressage Group is the local Cadora sect.

Are you bilingual? That'd make life very much easier for you, certainly!

Good luck!
Thanks so much !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada