Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 12:13 PM

112 posts, read 83,645 times

Advertisements

I had arabic friends , they were really ok , they was civilised, polite , educated , they were refuges who came to EU. 20 years ago , they were real refugees . That what happening to EU now has nothing to do with them , ( to much criminals and terrorists among the hundreds of thousands) now is a sort of nation's invasion migration, coordinated by Putler and his marionette assad, to destroy Europe from inside ... and only like 40 % are syrians !!! i tipp 10 till 20 % are solgers of islam with war experiances ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 12:30 PM

225 posts, read 202,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Canadians really should pay closer attention to what is going on in European cities like Cologne. Both in terms of the initial mass sexual assaults of women and the retaliation by racist extremist groups against people who look "foreign".

I really don't think we want to go down that path here.

That said, refugees and immigrants in general from different cultures will and should come to Canada.

Hence the critical importance of making Canada's expectations and values clear up front to these people before they arrive. (I realize that Europe was faced with a human flood overwhelming its borders and had no such luxury.)

This includes zero tolerance and deportation for those people who step over the line. Apparently in Germany some of the men charged with the New Year's Eve sex assaults were booked and released back into society pending their hearing or trial. That doesn't work for me.

We must be smart about all of this. And stop being naïve and worrying about our good guy image above all. The future of our country and our children depends upon it.

And I am not really being overdramatic BTW.
Europe is a different kettle of fish. They're going back to their old selves, their experiment with liberalism and tolerance failed. .. because they are simply not capable of it (they treated the Muslims who went there lIke crap then wonder why they dont integrate). They should not have ever done the whole multiculturalism experiment. They cannot play nice with other people.

I also personally think that assault in Cologne was organized and they're ISIS sympathizers. If you know anything about ISIS, they are trying to goad the West into a war, and believe in bringing on a crash of civilizations between Islam and the West (like their far-right counterparts in the West). So, they will do stuff like this to perpetuate the stereotypes of Muslims that the far-right peddles (like that they're rapists, that's been going on for years).

In reality, I'm done with Europe or caring about Europe. They're far gone in far-right insanity just like in 1935. I just hope they don't drag North America into it. I don't think the far right in the USA will survive, despite the stereotypes about Americans that are perpetuated because of the loud rednecks down there, Americans are more sensible than Europeans.

Yeah. I have nothing but harsh words about Europe these days. They deserve everything they get.

To clarify, I am more scared of a massacre of Muslims in Europe, and violence towards Muslims in the USA, and I guess there would be low level violence in Canada but fortunately the dynamics have changed here.

I'll clarify my points further later when I get home.

Last edited by Souriquois; 01-11-2016 at 12:38 PM..

Old 01-11-2016, 12:54 PM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Europe is a different kettle of fish. They're going back to their old selves, their experiment with liberalism and tolerance failed. .. because they are simply not capable of it (they treated the Muslims who went there lIke crap then wonder why they dont integrate). They should not have ever done the whole multiculturalism experiment. They cannot play nice with other people.

I also personally think that assault in Cologne was organized and they're ISIS sympathizers. If you know anything about ISIS, they are trying to goad the West into a war, and believe in bringing on a crash of civilizations between Islam and the West (like their far-right counterparts in the West). So, they will do stuff like this to perpetuate the stereotypes of Muslims that the far-right peddles (like that they're rapists, that's been going on for years).

In reality, I'm done with Europe or caring about Europe. They're far gone in far-right insanity just like in 1935. I just hope they don't drag North America into it. I don't think the far right in the USA will survive, despite the stereotypes about Americans that are perpetuated because of the loud rednecks down there, Americans are more sensible than Europeans.

Yeah. I have nothing but harsh words about Europe these days. They deserve everything they get.

To clarify, I am more scared of a massacre of Muslims in Europe, and violence towards Muslims in the USA, and I guess there would be low level violence in Canada but fortunately the dynamics have changed here.

Relative to Europe, I'd say Canada is at least as lucky as it is virtuous.

We never really know how these things are going to go.

Right now in Ottawa there is a community of about 15,000-20,000 people that was born out of a refugee wave from a specific country in the early 90s. The implantation and integration of this community into the wider community has seen a number of tragic failures, and its sons in particular (many of them born in Canada) seem to have had a lot of trouble adjusting to live in this country. They are largely responsible for a huge spike in the number of shootings in Ottawa in recent years, and make up the lion's share of both murder victims and perpetrators in Canada's capital. It's all quite sad really but what can you do?

Old 01-11-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Relative to Europe, I'd say Canada is at least as lucky as it is virtuous.

We never really know how these things are going to go.

Right now in Ottawa there is a community of about 15,000-20,000 people that was born out of a refugee wave from a specific country in the early 90s. The implantation and integration of this community into the wider community has seen a number of tragic failures, and its sons in particular (many of them born in Canada) seem to have had a lot of trouble adjusting to live in this country. They are largely responsible for a huge spike in the number of shootings in Ottawa in recent years, and make up the lion's share of both murder victims and perpetrators in Canada's capital. It's all quite sad really but what can you do?
Yes, but do Canadians entertain conspiracy theories about this population?

Because in Europe they do about Muslims.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurabia

It's spread to North America and even Canada (Justin Trudeau is a secret Muslim trying to Arabize Canada :lol: ... but more Europeans entertain that conspiracy theory than Canadians themselves), and one thinker of these theories is American as well (Frank Gaffney, Mr. Shariah hysteria and advisor to Donald Trump who accuses every second politician of being a secret Muslim) but Europeans are crazy about this ****. Muslims are becoming the new Jews, painted as nefarious fifth columnists wanting to take over Europe and Western civilization as a whole.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
I came to the Canadian boards to find out more about the story I just read - now either it's false or your gov' is worse than the US with keeping it's citizens in the dark. Now while the vast majority of you seem cool headed - I can't say the same about the Canadians who have commented at the end of the article. Does your gov't keep a tight lip on everything?

You are being redirected...

Muslims Open Fire on Popular Ten X Nightclub in Canada | Pamela Geller

Old 01-11-2016, 02:12 PM

LMAO Jihad Watch and Pamela Geller... such credible people.

How are you liking Paul Ryan's "Muslim beard?"

LOL

Old 01-11-2016, 02:13 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
How is the government keeping the story in the dark?

Here's the story in the Calgary newspaper: Calgary bouncer recounts early morning shooting at downtown nightclub | Calgary Herald

Old 01-11-2016, 02:14 PM

525 posts, read 453,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post

I really appreciate that you care about us Muslims and I do agree that Islamophobia is a problem, but surely Europeans are more open-minded than you might think. My parents used to live in and travel in Europe, and as far as I know, they enjoyed it and were treated quite well despite their religion. Besides, Europe is new to the whole multicultural thing; I think we should give them time to figure it out. BTW if I am correct, the US is actually more right-wing than Europe.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
I really appreciate that you care about us Muslims and I do agree that Islamophobia is a problem, but surely Europeans are more open-minded than you might think. My parents used to live in and travel in Europe, and as far as I know, they enjoyed it and were treated quite well despite their religion. Besides, Europe is new to the whole multicultural thing; I think we should give them time to figure it out. BTW if I am correct, the US is actually more right-wing than Europe.
I have gotten death threats from people from Europe simply because I don't hate Muslims. They started bashing Canada big time after our election results which I am happy about because I hated Harper with every fibre of my being. They want far-right governments, and in Hungary and Poland, recently elected them.

I have never gotten a death threat from a Muslim. Ever.

And statistically I am seven times more likely to be killed by a right wing white man. Been attacked by one before. Who defended me? A Muslim.

And in France, they treat French Canadians LIKE SH*T. We Acadian are tainted by that Indian blood we're lower than animals to them.

They're only more to the left of America on issues of social programs and things like that. When it comes to race/ethnicity they want their herrenvolk Aryan state... UNLESS they want some brown people to make street food for them, or, like that singer from France born to Acadian parents, dancing in feathers making us look like confused wannabe Indians this offending Acadians and indigenous people on this side of the pond.

And they blame WOMEN for the "Muslim problem". LOL. And they have the nerve to call Muslims sexist? Haha. Please.

They're not so liberal and toleranT.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:42 PM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
How is the government keeping the story in the dark?

Here's the story in the Calgary newspaper: Calgary bouncer recounts early morning shooting at downtown nightclub | Calgary Herald
Well since I'm in the US - The Calgary newspaper story didn't show up in google and many Canadians in the article comments section said the gov't was keeping this quiet - that's why I came to these boards to ask.

But thanks for showing me - that people north of the border can be as intolerant as people south of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada