Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:07 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Nenshi has not apologized for lying about using criminals to test Uber's driver screening program. He also lies when he claims that he did not know about the camera, as the other passenger asked about the camera well before Nenshi made the same comments about the same camera at the end of his trip.

This is not the first time that Nenshi has been ridiculous in public, and an apology for making inappropriate remarks each time he does it is no longer acceptable. He seems to believe that he can say whatever he wants, apologize, and then continue to say whatever he wants. He apparently did not learn that an apology comes after some reflection about what he did, and what to do differently in the future.
So lemme guess, you won't be voting for him in the next election lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 04:49 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I am confident that 18-30 year olds who do not own anything will continue to vote for the untruthful man with a big mouth.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I am confident that 18-30 year olds who do not own anything will continue to vote for the untruthful man with a big mouth.
I always thought the words Politician and Truth oxymoronic.. That isn't something just relegated to Nenshi.. In any event and not knowing much about him other than the odd interview he has done on the national news, he has always struck me as one of the more thoughtful and articulate Political leaders in the country. I agree with the Uber thing though, it was poor judgement.

Last edited by fusion2; 05-01-2016 at 05:12 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I always thought the words Politician and Truth oxymoronic.. That isn't something just relegated to Nenshi..
When caught redhanded on camera telling a couple of lies, Nenshi avoided the question and the truth, so yes, he is a politician at heart, but not the sort of politician that Canadians want.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:10 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,376 times
Quote:
I'm definitely voting for him if he runs.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
Let me guess ... you don't own property.

The first thing Nenshi did after his election is cut 3.2$ million from parks and environment funding. Next, he sold inner city parkland to developers for high density housing. The one point he can't put through yet is that home owners in single residential neighbourhoods agree to converting their homes to multi-suite rentals.

He's raising taxes again by 6.1% and, instead of taking responsibility, he blames the provincial government.

Last edited by Lieneke; 05-01-2016 at 06:54 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I'd say something but i'm afraid Leineke will get really really mad

Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I'd say something but i'm afraid Leineke will get really really mad
Come on now ... I don't get mad.

Please, feel free to defend the wimpy egotistical loud mouth who blames anyone and everyone for his actions.

Here is one of his recent lies:

"Nenshi is also heard suggesting the city found people who have been convicted of crimes to test Uber’s driver background checks.
“We’re no fools, so we sent people to sign up to be Uber drivers to see if they could get through the background check,” he said. “How we found registered sex offenders I don’t want to know, and people with convictions for violent crimes – I don’t want to know why we know those people. I just don’t want to know, nobody will even tell me and I don’t want to know, but they all made it through Uber’s theoretical background screening.”
Calgary Mayor Nenshi apologizes for calling rideshare company Uber

If that were true, criminals would be lining up to become Uber drivers. Sadly, some people will actually believe his crazy claims. How many other crazy claims has he made that are believed by gullible people who assume that a Mayor has an upstanding character?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:00 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Nenshi has not apologized for lying about using criminals to test Uber's driver screening program. He also lies when he claims that he did not know about the camera, as the other passenger asked about the camera well before Nenshi made the same comments about the same camera at the end of his trip.

This is not the first time that Nenshi has been ridiculous in public, and an apology for making inappropriate remarks each time he does it is no longer acceptable. He seems to believe that he can say whatever he wants, apologize, and then continue to say whatever he wants. He apparently did not learn that an apology comes after some reflection about what he did, and what to do differently in the future.
Sorry, not sorry. I grew up with Ralph Klein as Mayor. Saying controversial things has a different bar height set. I loved Ralph, and have near infinite patience for politicians expressing their actual opinion, rather than some polished soundbite massaged by PR people.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Sorry, not sorry. I grew up with Ralph Klein as Mayor. Saying controversial things has a different bar height set. I loved Ralph, and have near infinite patience for politicians expressing their actual opinion, rather than some polished soundbite massaged by PR people.
Klein: Mad cow disease response was: shoot, shovel, and shut-up.
Klein had problems with alcohol, which he admitted, and he suffered frontal lobe Alzheimers.
At least Klein owned everything he said and did, even when he was drunk, or mentally debilitated by disease.

Nenshi is smarmy and a liar, where he blames someone else for everything that doesn't paint him as a good guy. He's ill tempered, demanding, rude, and refuses to take full responsibility for his actions and words.

There's no comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada