Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 05:29 PM

569 posts, read 551,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsme123 View Post
So, I've recently moved from Italy to Toronto, and one thing that has called my attention and made me really sad is how bad behaved kids here are. At my school, people go out at lunch just to smoke weed and do drugs. During class, I hear kids whispering about how many people they've had sex with in one weekend. Those kids are all 15 years old. My parents had the option to move to Toronto Montreal or Vancouver. I'm just wondering if the kids in those other cities are as bad or worse than the ones in Toronto? I just wanna make it clear that I absolutely loved Toronto, it's just their actions that made me a little disappointed.
Sometimes, the school area districts do make differences. Sometimes.

Last edited by CPPU12345; 05-29-2016 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: +area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 06:14 PM

5 posts, read 4,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Okay. I have never been to that part of Italy, but I would be surprised if other teens in Italy did not act this too? Especially ones that are from major cities or come families that are financially well off ( the ones like that in most cities are usually the wildest). I would suggest just trying to make friends with people you have more in common with. I am certain not everyone in your school is like this.
I mean people do it there, in fact, they do it even more, but they don't do it as publicly as they do in Toronto (or maybe just my school, I don't know)

Old 05-29-2016, 06:47 PM

569 posts, read 551,765 times
I don't your case.

But in where I lived, there were a lot of school geographic districts. And sometimes, a district was kinda wrong with another. There were three main districts that I had knowledge of: the downtown district, the university area districts, the upper class district. They had different automospheres in them. To attend the district school, you must lived there.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default Lol ...

Quote:
I mean people do it there, in fact, they do it even more, but they don't do it as publicly as they do in Toronto (or maybe just my school, I don't know)
It could just be this particular group of people in the school. When I was a teen as a female discretion was the key, but some people are always keen to get attention for what is considered acting out. The joke is all the things teens are doing that they might think are a big deal are really not a big deal to do anymore in this city. The wow factor is gone.

Have you seen Mean Girls (1 ... the 2nd was not that great). Watch it ... it speaks volumes.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:20 PM

525 posts, read 453,695 times
There were some difficult kids in my high school (and even some in my college now). But these people can be avoided. Try to focus on your own personal growth, through studies, extracurriculars, and volunteering. Not only will it help you get into a good college, but you'll also meet like-minded people in the process, while the other kids stay in the background. Don't waste your energy judging your peers, but instead spend it on healthy, productive pursuits.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:13 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Oh my God are you serious? Teenagers smoking weed and having sex?? That's terrible!!! I have never heard of such disgusting behavior!!
You should have gone to my Toronto high school. We didn't just have weed and sex at lunch, we also had beer.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:53 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
So, I've recently moved from Italy to Toronto, and one thing that has called my attention and made me really sad is how bad behaved kids here are. At my school, people go out at lunch just to smoke weed and do drugs. During class, I hear kids whispering about how many people they've had sex with in one weekend. Those kids are all 15 years old. My parents had the option to move to Toronto Montreal or Vancouver. I'm just wondering if the kids in those other cities are as bad or worse than the ones in Toronto? I just wanna make it clear that I absolutely loved Toronto, it's just their actions that made me a little disappointed.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:09 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
You should have gone to my Toronto high school. We didn't just have weed and sex at lunch, we also had beer.
Nice! lol

Old 05-30-2016, 08:04 AM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Pretty impressive command of written English for someone who recently moved to Toronto from Italy!

Old 05-30-2016, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 4,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Pretty impressive command of written English for someone who recently moved to Toronto from Italy!
I think that's a good thing, thanks lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada