Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-28-2021, 05:55 PM
 
5,428 posts, read 3,449,515 times
Reputation: 5031

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Article dated August 3: https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...back-whatever/

“There was supposed to be a renewed Canada-U.S. relationship. The latest phone call between Biden and Trudeau suggests it is not going well.”

That’s been my impression too over the past few months. Biden appears neutral and disinterested, not friendly. I guess that’s an improvement though compared to the open malice towards Canada by Biden’s predecessor.

P.S…. Parts of the article are comical.
This constant bickering between Americans and Canadians really pisses me off. We are two neighbouring countries that have a lot in common with one another. Republicans have often ridiculed Canada for the most asinine things (healthcare, guns...), while Canadians have derided Americans for all kinds of nonsense on their part.

As far as Biden goes, I think he’s currently preoccupied with the Afghanistan debacle, that he’s not paying much attention to other affairs. He also comes across as weak. There’s no authority in his voice. Nevertheless, I’d say it’s an improvement over the previous administration.

 
Old 08-30-2021, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,241 posts, read 9,228,741 times
Reputation: 9833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
This constant bickering between Americans and Canadians really pisses me off. We are two neighbouring countries that have a lot in common with one another. Republicans have often ridiculed Canada for the most asinine things (healthcare, guns...), while Canadians have derided Americans for all kinds of nonsense on their part.

As far as Biden goes, I think he’s currently preoccupied with the Afghanistan debacle, that he’s not paying much attention to other affairs. He also comes across as weak. There’s no authority in his voice. Nevertheless, I’d say it’s an improvement over the previous administration.
I read the link a couple of times and I didn't read any bickering in it. I read a snarky piece by a journalist who wasn't sure what had been said by Trudeau or Biden due to the fact that they must have chosen to emphasize different aspects of their conversation in their statements. But clearly the relationship is more important to Canada than the US. I think that's what the headline was referring to.
 
Old 08-30-2021, 04:46 PM
 
5,428 posts, read 3,449,515 times
Reputation: 5031
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I read the link a couple of times and I didn't read any bickering in it. I read a snarky piece by a journalist who wasn't sure what had been said by Trudeau or Biden due to the fact that they must have chosen to emphasize different aspects of their conversation in their statements. But clearly the relationship is more important to Canada than the US. I think that's what the headline was referring to.
I wasn’t really referring to the link itself, but just the general complaints being thrown around on both sides of the border.

Of course the relationship is going to be more important to Canada. We’re a much smaller country, politically and economically speaking.
 
Old 09-02-2021, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Canada
7,363 posts, read 8,318,279 times
Reputation: 5259
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/profound...asks-1.5570181

Quote:
'Profoundly disrespectful': protesters outside HSC harassed patients, staff for wearing masks
I got stuck in traffic by these clowns. They had signs saying F*** trudeau and other stupidity. Real class acts.
 
Old 09-02-2021, 08:52 AM
 
Location: ottawa, ontario, canada
2,341 posts, read 1,501,983 times
Reputation: 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/profound...asks-1.5570181



I got stuck in traffic by these clowns. They had signs saying F*** trudeau and other stupidity. Real class acts.
so much for free choice, they demand it but only to suit their own agenda
 
Old 09-02-2021, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Vancouver
18,494 posts, read 15,380,201 times
Reputation: 11930
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/profound...asks-1.5570181



I got stuck in traffic by these clowns. They had signs saying F*** trudeau and other stupidity. Real class acts.
Are we living mirrored lives? First we get the sam mix of vaccines

Now I too bumped into them here in Vancouver yesterday.

There was some confusion though. There was a group with a long banner saying " Honk for Frontline Workers" and I think it had ' Nurses.ca " or something on the end.

There were some anti-vaxxers with placards behind them. I was walking by, stopped to look and thought the banner holders were a counter protest by medical staff. Cars were honking support as they went by, and the banner holders cheered, but so did the anti-vaxxers.

Later I found out in the news, that the banner holders were anti-vaxxers, holding up a mis-leading sign.

Disgusting. When you have to lie and trick people into honking ( as I'm pretty sure in the few seconds a driver has to see the banner, thought it was FOR frontline workers ) then you are the lowest of the low.

Saw a group of young women, early 20's, with anti-vax signs, no masks of course, trying to get into a restaurant. The greeter was another woman their age, wearing a mask. As I went by I heard the greeter say
" No, you can ONLY sit outside ". So these anti-vaxxer are in for a shock, when soon the answers will be
" No, you can't eat here at all ".

Oh, and to show how the mentality of these cretians works, they, according to the news, were shouting " lock her up " in regards to Dr. Bonnie Henry.
Trumpian attitudes have slipped into Canada. These people are truly idiots.
 
Old 09-02-2021, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Canada
14,676 posts, read 14,779,386 times
Reputation: 34653
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/profound...asks-1.5570181

Quote:
Profoundly disrespectful': protesters outside HSC harassed patients, staff for wearing masks
I got stuck in traffic by these clowns. They had signs saying F*** trudeau and other stupidity. Real class acts.
Those people are being trouble makers and breaking the law. That's not what I call peaceful protesting. If they're harassing patients and staff then I think they should be arrested, jailed and fined for public profanity (yes, it is a criminal act) and maliciousness and disturbing the peace at the very least, to deliberately creating a hazard to health for patients and staff and the general public, and whatever other charges could be fit in the middle.

That made me so mad watching that on the news last night. If I was to encounter people like that I know it would make me want to go all Rambo on them and spray them all with a mixture of liquid soap and bear spray and then they could be refused admission and treatment for what they got sprayed with when they approach the HSC. I'd like to see trouble makers like that fined to the teeth for all they're worth.



.
 
Old 09-02-2021, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,241 posts, read 9,228,741 times
Reputation: 9833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Are we living mirrored lives? First we get the sam mix of vaccines

Now I too bumped into them here in Vancouver yesterday.

There was some confusion though. There was a group with a long banner saying " Honk for Frontline Workers" and I think it had ' Nurses.ca " or something on the end.

There were some anti-vaxxers with placards behind them. I was walking by, stopped to look and thought the banner holders were a counter protest by medical staff. Cars were honking support as they went by, and the banner holders cheered, but so did the anti-vaxxers.

Later I found out in the news, that the banner holders were anti-vaxxers, holding up a mis-leading sign.

Disgusting. When you have to lie and trick people into honking ( as I'm pretty sure in the few seconds a driver has to see the banner, thought it was FOR frontline workers ) then you are the lowest of the low.

Saw a group of young women, early 20's, with anti-vax signs, no masks of course, trying to get into a restaurant. The greeter was another woman their age, wearing a mask. As I went by I heard the greeter say
" No, you can ONLY sit outside ". So these anti-vaxxer are in for a shock, when soon the answers will be
" No, you can't eat here at all ".

Oh, and to show how the mentality of these cretians works, they, according to the news, were shouting " lock her up " in regards to Dr. Bonnie Henry.
Trumpian attitudes have slipped into Canada. These people are truly idiots.
I'm sad to report that these protests were by a group called Canadian Frontline Nurses, and the protest was supposed to be nurses worldwide who are against the vaccine. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...test-1.6161817

There are quite a few nurses stirring up things with the conspiracy crowd. I see it on social media when people post a link to some nut case. When I trace a lot of these links back, a lot of them do appear to be nurses.
 
Old 09-02-2021, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
18,494 posts, read 15,380,201 times
Reputation: 11930
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm sad to report that these protests were by a group called Canadian Frontline Nurses, and the protest was supposed to be nurses worldwide who are against the vaccine. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...test-1.6161817

There are quite a few nurses stirring up things with the conspiracy crowd. I see it on social media when people post a link to some nut case. When I trace a lot of these links back, a lot of them do appear to be nurses.
Well my guess is that those nursers will be out of a job soon, as more and more proof of vaccinations will be required.

It is shocking how someone can go into the medical field, and then fight against the science.

How you holding up Net?

Hope things are better for you.
 
Old 09-02-2021, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,363 posts, read 8,318,279 times
Reputation: 5259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Are we living mirrored lives? First we get the sam mix of vaccines

Now I too bumped into them here in Vancouver yesterday.
LOL Due to the current situation a lot of us are probably experiencing similar things.

Quote:
These people are truly idiots.
Yes they are, big time. A lot of the people I saw at the protest yesterday looked like they weren't playing with a full deck. I saw one lady cut up her (possibly someone elses) immunization card then walk along the cars holding up the pieces like she won a trophy. It was pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top