Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 01:49 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,352,327 times

Advertisements

[QUOTE[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Well my guess is that those nursers will be out of a job soon, as more and more proof of vaccinations will be required.

It is shocking how someone can go into the medical field, and then fight against the science.

How you holding up Net?

Hope things are better for you.
In Manitoba we're far too short on nurses to fire anyone, sadly enough.

I have a neighbour with personal issues I've been checking up on. She also is a nurse. I was pretty sure from how she talked that she was someone who didn't believe covid was real.

She works in an old folks home. She told me of a dying patient and how she got into an argument with some of the other staff, with my neighbour insisting he was dying of old age, and others putting covid on his death certificate. Supposedly the man tested positive for covid two months before, recovered, tested negative, then at the end tested positive again.

My neighbour's comment was that they "have to keep their numbers up," meaning she thinks care homes, hospitals, etc, get more money from the government if they put covid as a cause of death.

My own sister who's a nurse was not quite believing in covid when Manitoba did really well at the start of the pandemic. The trouble with things that work is people start to think the risk is exaggerated. She changed her tune when later on the hospital was overwhelmed and she was pressed into service in covid wards.

I think a lot of nurses who are believing in conspiracy theories are like my sister - they are not in the ER or in the ICUs. It's totally possible to work on one floor and not have a clue what's happening on another floor.

More recently she had a young man with covid, who kept denying he had covid and was/is very sick. He refused a ventilator and said his faith would save him. My sister asked him, "Then why are you here?"

Then there's the other thing about the covid cases - the same sister feels strongly her father-in-law's cancer was missed until it was too late because of all the fuss around covid.

It's getting on my last nerve, Nat. The whole thing.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:11 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,430,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

More recently she had a young man with covid, who kept denying he had covid and was/is very sick. He refused a ventilator and said his faith would save him. My sister asked him, "Then why are you here?"
Last time I went to Winkler I noticed a big sign on the side of the road that said " the best protection is faith"..and there was a picture of a needle crossed out or something like that.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:16 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,352,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Last time I went to Winkler I noticed a big sign on the side of the road that said " the best protection is faith"..and there was a picture of a needle crossed out or something like that.
Ai yi yi

Old 09-02-2021, 02:43 PM

7,684 posts, read 5,549,324 times
Quote:
I'm sad to report that these protests were by a group called Canadian Frontline Nurses, and the protest was supposed to be nurses worldwide who are against the vaccine. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...test-1.6161817

There are quite a few nurses stirring up things with the conspiracy crowd. I see it on social media when people post a link to some nut case. When I trace a lot of these links back, a lot of them do appear to be nurses.
Kristine Nagel is associated with Canadian Frontline Nurses. She’s second on the list of names at the bottom of one of their Press releases.

Here’s a news story about her: Ontario nurse fired after speaking at D.C. anti-lockdown rally on day of Capitol riot

Old 09-03-2021, 02:09 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,599,110 times
Quote:
[QUOTE
In Manitoba we're far too short on nurses to fire anyone, sadly enough.

I have a neighbour with personal issues I've been checking up on. She also is a nurse. I was pretty sure from how she talked that she was someone who didn't believe covid was real.

She works in an old folks home. She told me of a dying patient and how she got into an argument with some of the other staff, with my neighbour insisting he was dying of old age, and others putting covid on his death certificate. Supposedly the man tested positive for covid two months before, recovered, tested negative, then at the end tested positive again.

My neighbour's comment was that they "have to keep their numbers up," meaning she thinks care homes, hospitals, etc, get more money from the government if they put covid as a cause of death.

My own sister who's a nurse was not quite believing in covid when Manitoba did really well at the start of the pandemic. The trouble with things that work is people start to think the risk is exaggerated. She changed her tune when later on the hospital was overwhelmed and she was pressed into service in covid wards.

I think a lot of nurses who are believing in conspiracy theories are like my sister - they are not in the ER or in the ICUs. It's totally possible to work on one floor and not have a clue what's happening on another floor.

Then there's the other thing about the covid cases - the same sister feels strongly her father-in-law's cancer was missed until it was too late because of all the fuss around covid.

It's getting on my last nerve, Nat. The whole thing.[/quote]

Excellent response.

I'm fed up with all the anti-science people but I have my response ready in case someone challenges me.

I saw a group of young women with their anti-mask/vaccinations placards walk by me in my mask, while I was putting groceries into my car, and heard one of them look at me and say " oooh, lockdown ".

A flash of anger went through, me. Not only because the statement was stupid ( lockdown? I'm out putting grocery shopping and am free to go anywhere I want ) but because she believed what she was saying and I truly felt she has been mislead by someone.

I really wanted one of them to say " my body, my choice " in regards to getting vaccinated. I have a calm, reasoned answer just waiting to be used.

I would answer, that yes, it IS your body and YOUR choice. I just hope, being so young, that you understand the choice you are making. First off, you are in the minority. The VAST majority of Canadians are onboard. You thinking that you will be able to live a normal life is simply wrong. You, as an unvaccinated person, won't be able to travel out of the country, you won't be able to get on a plane and other modes of transport, you won't be able to get into concerts, or festivals etc.
So yes, YOUR choice. I hope you like quiet nights, Netflix and books.

Chin up Net...we will get through this. I just make sure the neighbours are asleep when I take out my empties.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:52 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,523,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Chin up Net...we will get through this. I just make sure the neighbours are asleep when I take out my empties.[/color]
Now that right there was comic relief gold!

Old 09-14-2021, 02:54 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,823,828 times
RIP Norm Macdonald.
https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-ma...61-1234833212/

Old 09-17-2021, 02:08 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,823,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
If you don’t remember Norm, have you heard of his journalist brother Neil?

Old 09-23-2021, 11:12 AM

I was glad to read this (Aug 25th article): Canada has effectively moved to block China's Huawei from 5G, but can't say so

Quote:
Canada is the only member of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing network that has not formally blocked Huawei from 5G networks, but it has effectively done just that, delaying a decision long enough to force telecom companies to exclude the Chinese gear maker.

The strategy allows Canada to keep on the right side of both China and the United States as they tussle over Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, say six well-placed sources with direct knowledge of the matter.
Meanwhile, in Lithuania:
Lithuanian government warns consumers not to buy new Chinese phones and to throw out old ones ASAP

Quote:
The extraordinary advice comes after a government report found that handsets produced by Xiaomi and Huawei include a feature to detect and censor certain words and phrases. On the blacklist are terms such as "free Tibet", "long live Taiwan independence" or "democracy movement", and while the censoring functionality was disabled for the European market, there is the potential for it to be remotely activated at any time.
The report follows an investigation into three Chinese-produced handsets -- the Huawei P40 5G, the Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G and the OnePlus 8T 5G. While no issues were found with the OnePlus phone, Huawei and Xiaomi's handsets were found to pose worrying security risks including the potential to censor well over 400 words and phrases.

Old 09-28-2021, 08:07 PM

The 11 Best Canadian Treats You Can’t Get in America:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/t...get-in-america
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada