Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2021, 03:41 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,602,075 times

Advertisements

Very funny bit.

Congratulations Ryan Reynolds.

Video is down the page

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/ryan...30EetvL4d9jJsA

Old 11-27-2021, 06:16 PM

Not to be outdone!

This one will make more sense if you're a Schitt's Creek fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWn4CUsFak

Old 11-28-2021, 03:37 PM

88,734 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not to be outdone!

This one will make more sense if you're a Schitt's Creek fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWn4CUsFak
That was good.

Watched the entire series twice.

Old 11-28-2021, 06:45 PM

3,486 posts, read 2,826,057 times
A sweet wave from Quebec?
https://gizmodo.com/canada-s-maple-s...sug-1848129284

Old 11-29-2021, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That was good.

Watched the entire series twice.
It is a funny show.

I actually know one of the actors who appeared in a few episodes...) but won't say who.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It is a funny show.

I actually know one of the actors who appeared in a few episodes...) but won't say who.
I guess if you live in Vancouver, it’s not unusual to be acquainted with an actor or actress.

Old 11-29-2021, 03:56 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,106,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
I guess if you live in Vancouver, it’s not unusual to be acquainted with an actor or actress.
Actually it is unusual. If a Vancouverite is already working/involved in the industry then it's not unusual that they might become briefly acquainted with some actors/actresses. Hangers-on are usually people who are already employed working and travelling with the industry from work site to work site and doing grunt work. But for the most part the actors and actresses (and other celebrities) value their privacy and they keep to themselves when they aren't working. They mostly do get their privacy in BC without having to ask for it which I think is one of the reasons so many of them buy vacation or retirement residences in BC.

Vancouverites and other BC locals for the most part are respectful and protective of the privacy of actors and celebrities and don't make overt efforts to become acquainted with them. After all, said celebrities are just other people doing their jobs and they're a common sight that most other people ignore if they see them out shopping, or in restaurants or whatever personal stuff they're doing in their spare time.

The people who don't respect celebrities' privacy quite as much as the general public does is usually the foreign media and occasional pushy foreign paparazzi. Like the ridiculous fiasco that happened when the Sussex family showed up over on Vancouver Island for a couple of months. But even the local media is polite, respectful and protective of privacy, they're very good about making proper private appointments for interviews.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Actually it is unusual. If a Vancouverite is already working/involved in the industry then it's not unusual that they might become briefly acquainted with some actors/actresses. Hangers-on are usually people who are already employed working and travelling with the industry from work site to work site and doing grunt work. But for the most part the actors and actresses (and other celebrities) value their privacy and they keep to themselves when they aren't working. They mostly do get their privacy in BC without having to ask for it which I think is one of the reasons so many of them buy vacation or retirement residences in BC.

Vancouverites and other BC locals for the most part are respectful and protective of the privacy of actors and celebrities and don't make overt efforts to become acquainted with them. After all, said celebrities are just other people doing their jobs and they're a common sight that most other people ignore if they see them out shopping, or in restaurants or whatever personal stuff they're doing in their spare time.

The people who don't respect celebrities' privacy quite as much as the general public does is usually the foreign media and occasional pushy foreign paparazzi. Like the ridiculous fiasco that happened when the Sussex family showed up over on Vancouver Island for a couple of months. But even the local media is polite, respectful and protective of privacy, they're very good about making proper private appointments for interviews.

In my case it is someone I went to school with.

As for people in Vancouver being respectful, I'd agree with that. People when seeing someone famous usually just smile if their eyes meet up.

Now of course there is famous and FAMOUS. That said, Katherine Hepburn, years ago while working here, was able to go for walks around Stanley Park. Michael Buble is still able to grocery shop for instance. Adele was seen in Yaletown pre-covid, and although people recognized her, left her alone. Today though...here fame is even bigger, and I'm pretty sure someone might yell out their love to her

As for me seeing famous people, I have seen many over the years.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
In my case it is someone I went to school with.

As for people in Vancouver being respectful, I'd agree with that. People when seeing someone famous usually just smile if their eyes meet up.

Now of course there is famous and FAMOUS. That said, Katherine Hepburn, years ago while working here, was able to go for walks around Stanley Park. Michael Buble is still able to grocery shop for instance. Adele was seen in Yaletown pre-covid, and although people recognized her, left her alone. Today though...here fame is even bigger, and I'm pretty sure someone might yell out their love to her

As for me seeing famous people, I have seen many over the years.
Kat was probably just as recognizable out of makeup as she was in makeup.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:08 PM

Unanimous.

Amazing when all MP's agree. Sometimes Canada is amazing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...ives-1.6269147
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada