Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 12:17 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Good grief! The poor guy! How embarrassing.

At least he had a sense of humour about it and managed to save face with funny comments. Made me laugh at him laughing at himself.

Yes he did handle it well I must admit lol.. What are the odds...

Old 08-13-2022, 07:32 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Doug Ford Swallows ... a live Bee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKv0_GPzF0
Was it named Samantha?

Old 08-14-2022, 02:53 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Yes he did handle it well I must admit lol.. What are the odds...
I can't help wondering if he'd have handled it that well if he'd realized at the time that it was actually a wasp he swallowed and not a bee. Because it definitely was a yellow jacket wasp. He's really lucky it didn't sting him in the mouth or throat as it was going down his gullet. Whether he is allergic or not, getting stung inside the throat by a wasp would have made his throat swell up inside.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:13 AM

88,510 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I can't help wondering if he'd have handled it that well if he'd realized at the time that it was actually a wasp he swallowed and not a bee. Because it definitely was a yellow jacket wasp. He's really lucky it didn't sting him in the mouth or throat as it was going down his gullet. Whether he is allergic or not, getting stung inside the throat by a wasp would have made his throat swell up inside.

Yellow jacket stings hurt! I have had a few.

Old 08-15-2022, 03:04 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:

uggh good point. He just had another presser today and was talking up a storm so fortunately, he seems a ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Was it named Samantha?
ba dum bump

Old 08-16-2022, 07:38 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Strange story out of Australia:

Outrage as Australians discover former prime minister secretly gave himself five additional ministries

Quote:
Between March 2020 and May 2021, Morrison appointed himself to the health, finance, industry, science, energy and resources, home affairs and treasury portfolios without the public’s knowledge, and in some cases, without alerting the existing minister.

There was no official announcement or record of Morrison’s swearing in for any of the five portfolios. His self-appointment gave him decision-making powers for those crucial areas if he decided he needed them. That made him the final arbiter, although few within his cabinet knew he held those powers.
Quote:
The revelations have thrown the Australian government, and public, into a spin, with no one able to explain why the appointments were necessary or why the Australian public had been kept in the dark.
I couldn’t help wondering if such a situation could happen here in Canada.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:09 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Strange story out of Australia:

Outrage as Australians discover former prime minister secretly gave himself five additional ministries

I couldn’t help wondering if such a situation could happen here in Canada.
I think it already has been that way for some time with the PM basically giving those various ministers their marching orders with them very obviously not having any prior expertise in the various fields of their assigned responsibilities.

I'm also of the impression that Chrystia Freeland is, or has been very busy in the background of more than just her assigned portfolio.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:33 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think it already has been that way for some time with the PM basically giving those various ministers their marching orders with them very obviously not having any prior expertise in the various fields of their assigned responsibilities.

I'm also of the impression that Chrystia Freeland is, or has been very busy in the background of more than just her assigned portfolio.
That’s the weird thing, the Australian Ministers were NOT given their marching orders. Some weren’t aware they had been supplanted as it was done secretly:

Quote:
The then treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, had been one of his closest confidants but said he had not known Morrison had also taken on treasury.
In other words, these supplanted ministers continued their roles, unaware they no longer had the power assigned to those roles.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:26 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
That’s the weird thing, the Australian Ministers were NOT given their marching orders. Some weren’t aware they had been supplanted as it was done secretly:

In other words, these supplanted ministers continued their roles, unaware they no longer had the power assigned to those roles.
I don't see it that way. The buck stops at the Governor General who made the appointments, and the Governor General's buck stops at the Queen. The Queen would have had to be informed about and given her approval of Morrison's secret additional appointments during a time of national emergency.

The other ministers were not supplanted. If they'd been supplanted they would have been out of their jobs. They had their jobs and did them with the full authority and power given to them at the time they were first appointed to their positions. Nothing changed. They just didn't know that the Governor General had also later appointed the Prime Minister as the extra go-to and decision maker to stand up as a stop-gap in the event of a great emergency such as the other ministers all getting sick from covid and dropping like flies.

I don't think it should have been kept secret from other ministers, but I don't see that any harm was done at that time of emergency, and the temporary appointment no longer stands.

What I'd be more interested to know is whether or not the Governor General decided, without Morrison's knowledge, to also secretly appoint somebody else as a stand in Prime Minister in the event that Morrison dropped dead alongside his other ministers.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:38 AM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
I don't see it that way. The buck stops at the Governor General who made the appointments, and the Governor General's buck stops at the Queen. The Queen would have had to be informed about and given her approval of Morrison's secret additional appointments during a time of national emergency.

The other ministers were not supplanted. If they'd been supplanted they would have been out of their jobs. They had their jobs and did them with the full authority and power given to them at the time they were first appointed to their positions. Nothing changed. They just didn't know that the Governor General had also later appointed the Prime Minister as the extra go-to and decision maker to stand up as a stop-gap in the event of a great emergency such as the other ministers all getting sick from covid and dropping like flies.

I don't think it should have been kept secret from other ministers, but I don't see that any harm was done at that time of emergency, and the temporary appointment no longer stands.

What I'd be more interested to know is whether or not the Governor General decided, without Morrison's knowledge, to also secretly appoint somebody else as a stand in Prime Minister in the event that Morrison dropped dead alongside his other ministers.

In politics, anything that isn’t explicitly prohibited is permitted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada