Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 11:57 AM

800 posts, read 730,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
If you speak out again the government there ... you will have your butt thrown in jail or you cold get your head chopped off.

So willingness to opening speak out against the government will not happen if it could cost you your life. It is like this is many other places too.

Freedom of speech is a lot less common in other parts of the world.
You have the option to not go. They have the option to leave their if they choose. Simply follow the rules or face the consequence. It’s like that everywhere in the world

Old 08-09-2018, 12:57 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
You have the option to not go. They have the option to leave their if they choose. Simply follow the rules or face the consequence. It’s like that everywhere in the world
Females in Saudi Arabia do not have the right to obtain a passport or leave the country without the permission of their male guardians. That is one of the laws that Saudi female activists want to see changed.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:15 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Females in Saudi Arabia do not have the right to obtain a passport or leave the country without the permission of their male guardians. That is one of the laws that Saudi female activists want to see changed.
Wow. Just wow........and i get called racist and bigot for calling these things out.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default ...

Quote:
Actually women their can do very little independently.
I can't go without a visa and sure as hell would not want to go as it is mad hot and Ibam not wearing a Burka.

That is what these 2 women are being jailed for. They are protesting and speaking out against the lady of women's rights.

Also even as a man.... if you get accused on stealing you coukd get your hand chopped off. If you get accused of adultery or sex outside of married there is a 100 lashes for that. The lashes are not with a feather.

Last edited by klmrocks; 08-09-2018 at 09:28 PM..

Old 08-09-2018, 09:13 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Wow. Just wow........and i get called racist and bigot for calling these things out.
This is one country.
The magnitude of Women's rights issues varry in Muslim countries.

It was not until recently Morocco had a law where if man raped a women if he married her he could avoid going to jail.
So what would happen is that often if the girl was from a poor or rual family where education levels are lower and traditional values are still held to avoid shame for the girl and the family. The girl/ woman would be encouraged for told to marry the man. It was not until the story of a teenage girl this happend to who killed herself made the news and people started to protest this law that things changed. Morocco is one of the more liberal Muslim countries.

In Saudi Arabia both people even if the case could get 100 lashes.

Sharia law.... which I am actually married under has some harsh punishments. No all Muslim countries have their legal system following Sharia Law to the fullest extent.

Last edited by klmrocks; 08-09-2018 at 09:26 PM..

Old 08-09-2018, 09:44 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
This is one country.
The magnitude of Women's rights issues varry in Muslim countries.

Yes I am aware we are talking about Saudi Arabia. Again, I don't see how my comment made me a racist.

Quote:
Sharia law.... which I am actually married under has some harsh punishments. No all Muslim countries have their legal system following Sharia Law to the fullest extent
Where did you get married? And why would you marry under sharia law if you are not Muslim?

Old 08-09-2018, 11:14 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Yes, those regulations are a reflection of the Saudi interpretation of Koranic law. They are among the reasons so many Westerners lack sympathy for Islamists and the uncontrolled immigration of refugees from Muslim countries.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:17 PM

800 posts, read 730,151 times
Quote:
I see. So what exactly are you going to do about it besides disagree with it?

Old 08-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I see. So what exactly are you going to do about it besides disagree with it?
Educate the ignorant like you who believe Saudi women have the option to leave their country if they wish.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Regarding NAFTA...

from the Globe & Mail daily email newsletter today:

Quote:
Mexico is close to accepting a U.S. demand that 40 to 45 per cent of the content of all vehicles built in the NAFTA zone must come from factories that pay at least $US16 an hour, a sharp uptick from the roughly US$4 an hour that auto workers in Mexico currently earn. Mexico has asked for a 10-year phase-in for this provision but may ultimately agree to a five-year grace period.
I guess Canada would benefit from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada