Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 01:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
U.S. judge halts Keystone XL pipeline construction.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...D=ansmsnnews11
Just one more indication we've been asleep at the switch for over 50 years or so of taking it for granted that the elephant would remain relatively tame and benign while ignoring any and all proof to the contrary.

The sooner we learn to plan ahead and take as many steps to mitigate the damage those corrupt tools beneath us can do to our economy the better.

I am particularly interested in what remains in the new USMC agreement regarding Canada's commitment to priority placed upon American demands for Canada's crude.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:37 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Excellent news! There's no room for gun toting thugs in Canada. When they try that in Western Canada, they claim they're just passing through to Alaska. They too are stripped of the illegal weapon(s), charged, detained, and sent home after arraignment with orders to re-appear for sentencing.
I've heard those people call Canada border guards some vulgar names because of it. Destroying the weapons is also a service to mankind. Americans are not entitled here.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:52 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

.... I am particularly interested in what remains in the new USMC agreement regarding Canada's commitment to priority placed upon American demands for Canada's crude.

Me too. Not sure where to look though. I hope if anyone comes across it they'll post about it here.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:01 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
No spike in pot-impaired driving after legalization, early data suggests:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/no-spike-...ests-1.4178144

Quote:
The Canadian Press canvassed police forces and provincial and territorial Crowns across the country and while some said it was too early to provide data, others said initial numbers and anecdotal impressions suggest stoned driving isn't on the rise.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:52 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
No spike in pot-impaired driving after legalization, early data suggests:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/no-spike-...ests-1.4178144
On a personal level, I've seen no change here in BC. Vancouver hasn't changed, and right now I'm in Victoria, and I haven't even smelled it.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:33 AM

I guess a small step forward is better than the backsliding that's been the bell-curve of Canada/US lately:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...zec?li=AAggNb9

Old 11-18-2018, 10:09 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I guess a small step forward is better than the backsliding that's been the bell-curve of Canada/US lately:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...zec?li=AAggNb9
This opinion piece bows to the Chinese Empire as if Canada belongs to them. China has been bullying its neighbors left and right. It won't be long before Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, and the Philippines are fed up with China's imperial ambitions and fight back. If anything Canada should steer clear of the Chinese for its own protection and interest.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
This opinion piece bows to the Chinese Empire as if Canada belongs to them. China has been bullying its neighbors left and right. It won't be long before Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, and the Philippines are fed up with China's imperial ambitions and fight back. If anything Canada should steer clear of the Chinese for its own protection and interest.

Funny; I didn't get the same inflection from that piece you did.

Our own economic protection is wrapped up in doing business with everyone we can now it would seem. The greatest threat and actual harm to our economy is currently coming from where again?

If continuation of the Saudi Arabia armoured vehicle deal is, as polls suggest, acceptable to the majority of Canadians after this latest debacle, I sure don't see where we can lecture or even should single China out for special scorn.

When..or more probably IF Japan, the Philippines, Vietnam et-al get "fed up" enough to do anything notable as regards China, I'll believe it when it happens and you can bet your booties they won't do squat without U.S. backing.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:48 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
China won’t stop flood of fentanyl into Canada, sources say

Quote:
the very fact that China might be dragging its feet on investigating and shutting down production facilities in Mainland China, is deeply concerning.
Quote:
What China wants, is freedom in B.C. to pursue alleged corruption suspects and financial fugitives

Old 12-01-2018, 11:08 AM

The same sort of thing is apparent with India and the CRA scammers. As long as we're reasonably polite and follow the norms of diplomacy with our complaints, they seem to believe they can just overlook it all.

Getting awful tiresome being one of the few countries still adhering to conventional rules of diplomatic relations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada