Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 12:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,835,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Botti I really thought you had more intelligence than that. Have you been paying attention to what Trump says?
Unlike a lot of the Hillary stuff, it's documented and not innuendo.

Hillary may be more of the status quo, but right now, that is a heck of a lot better than a man who volatile, racist, and doesn't have a friggin' clue about the rule of law and the US constitution.

How can you say he makes more sense? Especially when he blatantly lies. Can you explain to me why you think a man who was ( is ) a birther now says Hillary started it, is a man who makes sense?

Are you just bored and wanting to push buttons?
That's exactly what I was thinking, and it's not the first time. Bott's a really smart guy, but he comes comes out with the most bizarre stuff sometimes.

Mind you, I don't think Trump is the racist or sexist that people accuse him of being. As I've said before, he doesn't believe 3/4 of the crap he spews. He's nothing but a showman. I can't stand him because he's an unethical, sleazy, dishonest, loudmouthed, rabble-rousing demagogue. A bully. A narcissist. A douchebag.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 09-18-2016 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 12:43 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking, and it's not the first time. Bott's a really smart guy, but he comes comes out with the most bizarre stuff sometimes.

Mind you, I don't think Trumps is the racist or sexist that people accuse him of being. As I've said before, he doesn't believe 3/4 of the crap he spews. He's nothing but a showman. I can't stand him because he's an unethical, sleazy, dishonest, loudmouthed, rabble-rousing demagogue. A bully. A narcissist. A douchebag.
Personally, I think he's mentally ill.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:13 PM

909 posts, read 1,152,413 times
I hate Trump as the next person but of course I wouldn't stop travelling to the U.S. if Trump won. Not that I travel to the U.S. often anyway especially now that our loonie is so low. But not travelling to a country because of what president the country has is very foolish... Presidents aren't dictators with power to do cause harm to citizens or tourists no matter what their viewpoints are.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:27 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I hate Trump as the next person but of course I wouldn't stop travelling to the U.S. if Trump won. Not that I travel to the U.S. often anyway especially now that our loonie is so low. But not travelling to a country because of what president the country has is very foolish... Presidents aren't dictators with power to do cause harm to citizens or tourists no matter what their viewpoints are.
No they aren't dictators, but one only has to look at the Bush years to see what can happen. The Patriot Act took away some basic rights of Americans. The increased security at borders and airports have made travel much more of a hassle.

The only hope is that if he does get in, he will be totally ineffectual as a president since I believe the powers that be won't let him get away with much.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:28 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

. He's a racist/nativist buffoon with no interest or knowledge about basically anything public-policy oriented, and he lies about everything, always.

He's probably the biggest threat to humanity since Hitler.
Quote:
a man who volatile, racist, and doesn't have a friggin' clue about the rule of law and the US constitution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
He's nothing but a showman. I can't stand him because he's an unethical, sleazy, dishonest, loudmouthed, rabble-rousing demagogue. A bully. A narcissist. A douchebag.
Quote:

Those^ are from the last few posts only, so what should we all do ?

Hide under our beds and assume the fetal position and wait for his henchmen to send us to the gulags ( no interweb ) after he has achieved world domination?

Because the threat is real children....the outsider candidate with no experience in politics, minimal donor funds or organization, and a big mouth is still in the running with the establishment candidate in 13 battleground states less than 8 weeks before the election.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:02 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,519,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post

Those^ are from the last few posts only, so what should we all do ?

Hide under our beds and assume the fetal position and wait for his henchmen to send us to the gulags ( no interweb ) after he has achieved world domination?

Because the threat is real children....the outsider candidate with no experience in politics, minimal donor funds or organization, and a big mouth is still in the running with the establishment candidate in 13 battleground states less than 8 weeks before the election.
We're preparing...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCyzdD0vYOw

Old 09-18-2016, 04:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,835,938 times
Quote:
That's a real possibility. Demagogues often are mentally ill. Politics has its fair share of them, and the world of entertainment is full of them. Because demagogues desperately need an audience. They're parasites exploiting a reliable, willing host. That is why I refuse to watch/listen to most of this election's "news" and events. I won't consent to the parasitic relationship.

Anyone who does, frankly, is part of the problem. The problem being the trashy, media-obsessed, Kardashian-style Bizarro World we live in. The one that values theatre over substance. The one that gave You-Know-Who a solid platform.

I hope people DO make the decision to not travel to the US if Trump is elected. But, rejecting the Rabble-Rouser could have begun much earlier than that: you could have simply avoided the Trump Show. This is even more true, by the way, if you don't live in the US and/or not voting in the US election. Willingly eating up the Show, however smugly, because it's "entertaining," makes you as accountable as the ratings/clicks/money-obsessed media -- from Fox News and Breitbart, to HuffPost and MSNBC -- that serves it. You're a willing host.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:42 PM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
You say that now... but subtract all the business and money Canadians visitors bring in to the USA and I am certain it wont help the economy especailly for certain popular tourist areas.
Yeah, we'll certainly miss all those overweight québécois with their obscene swimsuits on the beaches of Maine next summer. Who will we make fun of?

Old 09-18-2016, 07:51 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,685,867 times
Trump list of personal friends is full of Foreigners. Just have a look at all his international business partners and all those people of different nationalities, race, religions who have purchased properties at Trump Towers. He is a TV personality-he has to say things which are helping him win this Elections. I do not think he means bad for any Foreigner.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:59 PM

525 posts, read 453,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Not for the most part, I'd still go. But I have a Muslim friend I sometimes like to go on trips with, and with him theoretically being barred entry we'd likely choose other places to road trip to within Canada.
Trump modified his Muslim ban; now it's based on location ("terrorist" countries or whatever). I think it's safe to say he'll let Canadians in. Having said that, he'd still be happy to track us Muslims and close down our mosques, but that's another story for another thread... :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada