Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM

10 posts, read 84,072 times

Advertisements

Hi,we are in the UK looking for jobs in Canada. I am a HVAC engineer - heating, ventilation and air conditioning. Recently I have been working on commerical/industrial boilers etc. What would you say is the best company/employment agency etc to look for jobs. We speak English and very basic French. At present, we thought about BC or Alberta, don't know about Manitoba etc. Any help is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 06:27 AM

315 posts, read 1,624,658 times
I would check on canada.com for jobs. Each newpaper in the major metro markets in Canada have an electronic edition that will allow you to search the classified section.

Of course, read up on work permit and/or permanent residency requirements/processes if you are not a Canadian citizen.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:43 AM

12 posts, read 70,240 times
Thumbs up recommend Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpal View Post
Hi,we are in the UK looking for jobs in Canada. I am a HVAC engineer - heating, ventilation and air conditioning. Recently I have been working on commerical/industrial boilers etc. What would you say is the best company/employment agency etc to look for jobs. We speak English and very basic French. At present, we thought about BC or Alberta, don't know about Manitoba etc. Any help is much appreciated.
In the field you are in probably best to look into Alberta. In BC they do not use much air conditioning due to the wet weather conditions. Also, if you do not speak french keep to the western provinces like Alberta. The cost of living in Alberta is much better than BC. Travel times between destinations much better in Alberta and you will most likely be appreciated for your skill level in Alberta compared to in BC. The way highways are designed in coastal and fraser districts of BC is ridiculous. You will get jammed up in traffic lines for hours at a time, and it is a big problem there.You may want to ask at a place called Labour Tek. They do job placements and connections for people in the type of industry you are skilled in. There is something called the Job Bank. It should list your type of work availability as well. Hope this helps. lorri.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:07 AM

215 posts, read 1,660,240 times
Default Toronto, jobs for you, not just jobs.

Toronto is currently going though a nice skyscraper building boom, not to mention other cities in the GTA are as well. Dont be tricked as many are into thinking that the only oppertunities are in the west. The Greater Toronto Area has more people then Alberta and BC combined, all within a few hours drive. The GTA also has, just perhaps, more oppertunity as well. As a bonus, no french needed.

If your job is maintaining HVAC as opposed to building new buildigns with HVAC, then I'd say Toronto could be your only option - it's by far the biggest city in the country, and there is enough HVAC in the downtown to make your head spin (not to mention the subways need HVAC too!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada