Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 03:22 PM

243 posts, read 220,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Well well well .... that did not take long! The fascism begin!!!

PMO says Canadian dual citizens can travel freely to the U.S. despite Trump travel ban - Canada - CBC News

Canadian dual citizens unaffected by U.S. ban on travel from 7 countries: Ottawa

Thoughts running though my mind....

...Deep sadness
.... Horror

----Disgust

America what have you done?

Wiether it is a physical or a mental wall .... Canada we can't let this BS happen to us!

This is totally nuts!!!!!

Yeah ... I am totally boycotting any travel to the USA!

Totally sickening!
Good , you can stop leaving your cloths all over our mall parking lots . And stop your contractors coming here working , while Americans can't goto Canada and work . You will not be missed .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 03:25 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
THEY, or do you mean some.
I stand corrected ,,Some.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:27 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,109 times
I know it would be a horrible blight on the landscape, but it would definitely affect illegal trafficking of weapons.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:27 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Perhaps I should have said, "refugees, immigrants".

Of course you don't want illegal immigrants in your country. And it's absolutely your right. But it's OK to criticize the US for trying to strengthen its borders and immigration laws. A little hypocritical, aren't we?

What's the title of this thread again?
Well maybe the U.S. wouldn't have an illegal immigration problem if it actually enforced current laws such as forbidding the hiring of illegals.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:37 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
I want to move to Canada, don't shut me out! I just need a job. I have ever 438 points.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:49 PM

295 posts, read 263,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well maybe the U.S. wouldn't have an illegal immigration problem if it actually enforced current laws such as forbidding the hiring of illegals.
But there are sanctuary cities that prevent federal authorities to enforce the laws. Actually, Toronto is a sanctuary city too. And our liberal friends are very happy about it.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:27 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
MANY of us in the US are just as appalled as you.
Were you "appalled"?? I was not, Trump did exactly what he said he was going to do...no surprise there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Yes, it will always be around, but when you have a leader who says and does whatever he wants, this inspires others to unleash their fury as well.

It doesn't help that he has a White supremacist as his advisor. You can keep ignoring these facts though.

The claim that Steve Bannon is a "white supremacist" has been debunked....more than once. Again, I'm sorry for what happened to your family.

Trump did exactly what he promised in his campaign...tighten the entry requirements from certain countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
Visiting a foreign country is a privilege, not a right. It is absolute right of a country to refuse to accept some categories of the people. For example, Indonesia and Malaysia forbid entry of Israeli citizens (even though these countries thousands of miles away and never had any military conflict with Israel). Same goes with many other Arab countries. I don't complain - it is their right.

And about the refugees. Why so many rich Arab countries with vast territories (Saudia, Emirates, Qatar, ...) don't accept these refugees? Why all the refugees go to the western countries, with so bad and xenophobic white supremacist people who have "amoral pig" as their leader? Maybe because they now these countries are not as xenophobic as their rich Arab brethren, while the Arab countries are smart enough to seal their borders.

I don't want to talk about the unholy alliance between radical feminists and Islam. Islam - the most patriarchal and anti-feminist religion along with hijab is being embraced by feminists. A clinical case for psychiatry.

Exactly...but asking to think before crying to all these people protesting is asking too much......

In 2000 I had a secondary screening at an immigration point in the US because I was coming from Colombia, at that time a high risk country (terrorism and drugs) and I was spending only one night in LA and then flying back to Canada.....I have been questioned for 2 hours.....I did not scream bloody murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Maybe this ban isn't even about security/terrorism in the first place. If it were, wouldn't they also ban people from other "terror-prone" countries? But they're not (just "extreme vetting", at least for now), because it would be too economically damaging; Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc. are rich, while countries like Pakistan give the US doctors, engineers, etc.

It all boils down to money; Trump doesn't seem to care about anyone except himself. It makes me so sad to see well-meaning Trump supporters feel so optimistic and put so much trust in him; they're hoping for a safe and prosperous US under the new president, but now he's just going to betray them all.

BTW: just thought this poem seemed relevant. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...
There are some merits in what are you saying (especially Saudi Arabia which s a strategic ally in the area) however this list of 7 most dangerous countries was outlined by the Obama administration and the Congress not from Trump.

There is a reason why these 7 countries are specifically targeted...in many cases they do not even have a functional government (at least not exercising authority over the entire territory) or they have a government openly hostile towards the US, they had terrorist training camps (and often officially supported), etc....so it's a different situation compared to Saudi Arabia or the UAE....

Old 01-29-2017, 04:33 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
By the way, the Obama administration suspended the Iraq refugee program for 6 months over fear of terrorist infiltration

Al Qaeda in Kentucky: US May Have Let 'Dozens' of Terrorists Into Country as Refugees - ABC News

....keep crying and protesting....

Old 01-29-2017, 04:52 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
By the way, the Obama administration suspended the Iraq refugee program for 6 months over fear of terrorist infiltration

Al Qaeda in Kentucky: US May Have Let 'Dozens' of Terrorists Into Country as Refugees - ABC News

....keep crying and protesting....
Who are you talking to?

Canadians aren't crying or protesting.

Talk to the many thousands of your own citizens who are outraged and protesting. Seems your fellow Americans aren't all enamoured with Trump's idiotic antics.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:58 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
There is not a travel ban from these countries, gets your facts straight.
Has something changed from this?

"all Syrian refugees from entering the U.S. for an unstated amount of time, banned all refugees worldwide for at least four months and issued a 90-day ban on travellers from Yemen, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Libya and Iran. "

Thousands protest Trump refugee ban and travel restrictions - World - CBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada