Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2017, 11:25 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,643,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Bless your heart.
what does "blessing" exactly do? It never did anything in thousands of years. Blessing is less useful than farting for a rational, scientific perspective.

And bless "my heart"? My heart pumps blood to other organs. Why does it need blessing? Why not my liver or kidneys? They are equally important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 11:30 PM

18 posts, read 27,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Bless your heart.
Love it Mouldy! Southern politeness is the best!

Old 07-01-2017, 11:41 PM

18 posts, read 27,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
some people don't get it: backwardedness in the US is almost always associated with the stupid "Jesus stuff". If the Jesus nutjobs were all gone, the country would be a much better place.
You guys have got to realize that this type of rhetoric and contempt for these Americans is why Trump won in November, right? Keep it up guys!

Old 07-02-2017, 01:41 AM

7,241 posts, read 9,228,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
what does "blessing" exactly do? It never did anything in thousands of years. Blessing is less useful than farting for a rational, scientific perspective.

And bless "my heart"? My heart pumps blood to other organs. Why does it need blessing? Why not my liver or kidneys? They are equally important.
First of all, it's an expression, not a blessing. It can be used as an endearment. It can also mean the polar opposite.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citiesexpert456 View Post

Have you ever even been to the US? All I can say is... that doesn't remotely resemble ANYTHING about the country I live in. Thanks for your great example of Canadian tolerance and politeness!
And you know this poster is Canadian how exactly?

YOU posted this bait thread. Remember? Were you expecting Canadians to argue with your premise.? Would you expect Americans to agree with it? What exactly was your motive anyway?

Care to try what I suggested about four pages back....taking this nonsense over to the P & OC forum and posting the exact same thread over there.......then you'll find all the tolerance and politeness you could ever hope for.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:58 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,033,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Maybe....I guess the USA would been even more corrupt....if that's possible...
with all those highly paid lobbists on Capital Hill pulling the strings...

Progressive

Well ...how about that Canada has had modern "chip" credit cards for years
and the US is still hanging onto those old magnetic strip credit cards ...
old 60s technology ...easy prey for the fraudsters....
LOL, we went to chips and they absolutely suck. They are indeed hackable as people are finding out and they also slow down the checkout process. I'd love to go back to the swipe system. You hit on one of my pet peeves.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
U.S. = racist, crumbling infrastructure, greed, failing schools, corrupt corporations/banks, shallowness as a value: just basically dumb.

Canadians are more thoughtful and aware. No idea why - probably their heritage and watching U.S. making an ass of itself, time and time again.
At first I thought this was sarcasm, but it's really a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Wow, just wow. Liberals really do think that they are on some kind of higher mental plane.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
At first I thought this was sarcasm, but it's really a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Wow, just wow. Liberals really do think that they are on some kind of higher mental plane.
Same question, different descriptor. How do you know this poster is either Canadian or Liberal.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:09 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,434,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
I just wanted to point out that poster is also an American as she posted in another thread that she lives near a Target Store. I really don't know why American posters come to the Canada forum to exchange America points of view with each other.

When a question is asked in the Canada forum, it is assumed to be asked of Canadians. Why else post the question here? It's annoying when people post without identifying themselves as Americans and their opinions are taken to be representative of Canadians, which is often not the case.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Same question, different descriptor. How do you know this poster is either Canadian or Liberal.
I have know idea if they are Canadian or not, but the poster is very obviously a lib and very obviously believes that they are far superior to the average American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada