Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:48 AM

295 posts, read 263,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Interesting, but the charges were dropped. Nothing came of it. People are still innocent until proven guilty.

The trouble with being charged with anything, guilty or innocent, people talk. People assume alls sorts of things without all the known facts. It's called gossip.
I agree, but the same standards should be applied to everyone, including Mr Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Interesting, but the charges were dropped. Nothing came of it. People are still innocent until proven guilty.

The trouble with being charged with anything, guilty or innocent, people talk. People assume alls sorts of things without all the known facts. It's called gossip.
I agree. There are a few things that have come out but nothing that should disqualify her from the position. She's human just like everyone else and has been through some rough patches. Big deal.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:17 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
I agree, but the same standards should be applied to everyone, including Mr Trump.
The problem with him is that he keeps on digging the hole himself, and never seems to learn.

BTW I am not a fan of Trump but I am not as rabidly anti-Trump as someone with my profile would normally be.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:23 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The problem with him is that he keeps on digging the hole himself, and never seems to learn.

BTW I am not a fan of Trump but I am not as rabidly anti-Trump as someone with my profile would normally be.
If he were your president, you might be

Old 07-20-2017, 11:56 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post

Trump has nothing to do with Payette and there is no comparison between the two.

Who's standards should prevail? Canada's or Maryland's? Maryland has it's own laws, Canada has it's own laws. You should consider the possibility that Maryland's standards regarding assault are not the same as Canada's standards. There are other so-called "crimes" in both Canada and USA that are not considered crimes or chargeable offenses in the other country, or that are considered much, much more serious than they are in the other country. Just take drinking and driving for example. That is considered a lot more serious in Canada than it is in the states. Whatever it was that Payette was wrongfully charged with in Maryland might be a laughable joke and not a crime in Canada and have absolutely no relevancy to her appointment as Governor General.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I agree. There are a few things that have come out but nothing that should disqualify her from the position. She's human just like everyone else and has been through some rough patches. Big deal.
I don't expect politicians or public servants to be saints. They have to a certain amount of back bone and dignity, and out to do harm.

I think most Canadians are not really interested in destroying someone because of an indiscretion. When Maggie Trudeau was said to be smoking pot at 24 Sussex,most people I know just smiled and thought, of course she is, she's a west coaster

Old 07-23-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I don't expect politicians or public servants to be saints. They have to a certain amount of back bone and dignity, and out to do harm.

I think most Canadians are not really interested in destroying someone because of an indiscretion. When Maggie Trudeau was said to be smoking pot at 24 Sussex,most people I know just smiled and thought, of course she is, she's a west coaster
LOL " out to do harm "....might be more apt, but I meant to say " out to do NO harm ".

Old 07-23-2017, 02:25 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
LOL " out to do harm "....might be more apt, but I meant to say " out to do NO harm ".
Freudian slip. Perfectly understandable.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Nat; I thought you were just reading from the first page of their "job description".

Old 07-23-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Nat; I thought you were just reading from the first page of their "job description".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada