Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 01:09 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
They you go again. As long as it's not in MY neighbourhood.

Even taking into consideration the population differences are staggering.

Americans are killing 51 times more people with guns than Canadians are | National Observer

Again, bunch of random numbers with no contest......facts do not care about your ability to stomach them.....I posted the ratios...again serious problem but the sky is not falling......violent crime is at the lowest level in 40 years.

The issues are way beyond gun control....actually gun control has nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Gun Violence Archive

Making excuses again. Slightly more children die in non-boating drowning accidents. Regardless, it is a ridiculous stance to suggest that because children die in other ways, that gun deaths regarding children shouldn't be a concern.

Stats say at least 19 children a day are killed or injured by guns in the USA.
Go through the link and see the hundreds of children killed by guns in the US, but at least they didn't drown.

Less than 1% of accidental gun deaths (CDC data) is all I need to figure out that basically it is a non-issue.

What part of this chart is not clear to you??

Let's ban swimming pools!!!

Old 06-28-2017, 01:46 PM

295 posts, read 263,914 times
Don't forget about suicide rates in First Nations communities. These places, full of violence, drug and alcohol abuse, poverty, child abuse, child suicides can be hardly called progressive. Sorry, but to call Canada progressive is a hypocrisy. Canada is more conservative than the US. Western Europe is a progressive place, not Canada.

Last edited by the_wanderer; 06-28-2017 at 01:56 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 01:57 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,613,441 times
Does Canada have any enemies, besides the same enemies of the United States? In my 62 years in this world, I've never heard of any country trying to start a fight with Canada, or even so much as bad mouth or trash talk Canada. It seems like Canada is liked by just about all the other countries in the world.

Canada seems the kind of country that doesn't meddle in other country's business, which is something I wish the United States would do. Keep a low profile around the world. Maybe then we wouldn't be such a target for so many other countries.

I would guess if another country decided they were going to invade Canada, I'm sure they would have to face the dreaded wrath and consequences of the United States before that country even had a chance to set foot in Canada.

If Canada wasn't right next door to its very best friend in the whole wide world, the United States, I bet Canada would have had more disagreements and entanglements with other countries around the world thru out its history. But when you're next door, and long time best friends and on good terms with the United States, no sane country is going to want to mess with ya.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Less than 1% of accidental gun deaths (CDC data) is all I need to figure out that basically it is a non-issue.

What part of this chart is not clear to you??

Let's ban swimming pools!!!
One part of a bigger issue is what the chart says to me. Go ahead, make yourself feel better because accidents happen in all kinds of way. The issue is access, to and use of firearms in the US and the destruction and death toll that creates.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
Don't forget about suicide rates in First Nations communities. These places, full of violence, drug and alcohol abuse, poverty, child abuse, child suicides can be hardly called progressive. Sorry, but to call Canada progressive is a hypocrisy. Canada is more conservative than the US. Western Europe is a progressive place, not Canada.
No one is forgetting our own issues. Compare our issues with yours?

Canada is NOT more conservative that the US. My European friends will disagree with you. They found Canada to be progressive, open and without a crazy right wing evangelical faction. They see modern clean and functioning cities and attitudes to be in alignment with most European countries as far as social issues go.

Both places accept UHC. Canada is ahead of most European countries when it comes to LGBTQ rights.

The US they find some of that in pockets. Thank god. They see a country that struggles to advance it's society.
Currently, they, like a lot of the world, see a society in decay.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
One part of a bigger issue is what the chart says to me. Go ahead, make yourself feel better because accidents happen in all kinds of way. The issue is access, to and use of firearms in the US and the destruction and death toll that creates.

It is all matter of the law of diminishing returns...if we ban all swimming pools we will not have accidental swimming pool drowning but you will not be able to enjoy a day under the sun.

Same for fast cars.....ban any car exceeding, let's say 90 miles an hour and you will reduce road accident deaths by some percentage.....but what about the responsible car owner that wants to enjoy his sports car in a responsible way on the road??

I already told you that I support a fast and cost effective background check (no the no-man land we been left to deal with in WA state for example) for private transactions exactly as it happens for guns sold at retailers (the NICS instant background call)...it makes a lot of sense and it relieves me as a gun owner transacting with someone else. Even before the new law me and the vast majority of legal gun owners transacted only with CCW holders and we kept records of the transaction just in case.

I'm not going to renounce and/or having severely curtailed my individual gun rights because a bunch of of yahoos that should not have access to guns in the first place and go in and out of prison regularly, decide to shoot each other in their dope deals...and please spare me the cultural aspect...I like collecting and shooting guns and I carry regularly..... that does not make me an antisocial, dangerous person....do not judge other people hobbies.....I hear it all the time.."why you need an AR-15"?? I need it because I want it and you have no business in telling me that I can't.

Last edited by saturno_v; 06-28-2017 at 02:42 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 02:26 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
History and religion.

Someone like Ted Cruz wouldn't have a sizeable following in Canada or any other Western country.
Ted Cruz happens when voters place idealism and regressive thinking (oh, how nice life was back in the 50's) over logic, reason, and reality.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:

No one is forgetting our own issues. Compare our issues with yours?

Canada is NOT more conservative that the US. My European friends will disagree with you. They found Canada to be progressive, open and without a crazy right wing evangelical faction. They see modern clean and functioning cities and attitudes to be in alignment with most European countries as far as social issues go.

Both places accept UHC. Canada is ahead of most European countries when it comes to LGBTQ rights.

The US they find some of that in pockets. Thank god. They see a country that struggles to advance it's society.

Currently, they, like a lot of the world, see a society in decay.

What problem do you have with evangelicals?? What they have done to you and your "European friends"?? As long as they do not infringe into my rights, let them believe what they want to believe....live and let live....it is called individual freedom.

I do not judge the folks in drag that march on the street for the stupid gay parades so do not judge people that go to church....

Western societies are in decay in general....is not a "US only" issue....

A lot of people in the US have, as a matter of fact, already UHC....

Last edited by saturno_v; 06-28-2017 at 02:37 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 02:37 PM

295 posts, read 263,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
What problem do you have with evangelicals?? What they have done to you and your "European friends"?? As long as they do not infringe into my rights, let them believe what they want to believe....live and let live....it is called individual freedom.

I do not judge the bozos in drags that march on the street for the gay parades so do not judge people that go to church....

Western societies are in decay in general....is not a "US only" issue....

A lot of people in the US have, as a matter of fact, already UHC....
It is funny that people who support the idea of non-binary gender, use the words "crazy right wing evangelical faction". It says much about their "progressivness", "liberalism" and "respect of individual freedoms". Lefties are same everywhere - totally hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada