Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 07:44 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Americans are of course enthousiastic about talking about America. However, I don't find Canadian members any less enthousiastic at all, more so about talking about Canada itself whenever opportunties avail themselves.
Unless the topic is some inane bit of silliness not deserving of anyone's serious attention; then you get what you've gotten here ...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
A thread about Canada being boring quickly becomes a discussion about US politics, like usual, a proof that Canada is boring —- people can’t even just talk about Canada and only Canada for more than 5 pages.

But it got hijacked by a couple of bored non-Canadians 2 days ago, so what did you expect? The topic got boring and had to be changed. Mind you, I thought this topic was boring with the very first post.

But if you want to see boring longevity, check this out. This thread listed below about America being bland and boring has been an ongoing boring discussion for 5 whole years!!! Now that is what I call a 100% truly boring conversation and it must need very bored and boring people to continue it if they can't find something less boring to talk about for more than 5 years. So it looks like Canada isn't the only country considered boring by "some people" .

//www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/1505997-america-very-bland-boring-compared-other.html

I'm so bored with this nonsense. Absolutely BORED to tears.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I don't consider that a bad thing. Politics aren't supposed to be a reality T.V. show.

To make a dating analogy, say you're a single man/woman and you have to choose between two suitors.

Canada: Humble, laid-back and easy-going, thoughtful, stable, selfless, friendly.
But also boring, lacks charisma, not as ambitious as one would like.

U.S.: Fun, passionate, spontaneous, charming, ambitious. outgoing and confident.
But also impulsive, reckless, arrogant, temperamental and loves drama and getting into fights.

I guess the real question is who is attracted to which.

Your post is telling about you. When you say Canada is not as ambitious as one would like, what you're really saying is it's not as ambitious as YOU would like. Which means that you are bored.

When you say all that other stuff about USA being fun, spontaneous, arrogant, fighting, yadda yadda yadda, what you're really saying is that Americans are bored stiff with themselves and can't stay out of trouble because of it.

If I was a dating woman, looking for a mate for life to share my bed and have a family and home with, I would NOT pick the bored, violent, gun-slinging misogynist who's always looking for trouble. I'd pick the stable, easy-going, steady but boring guy that I know I can count on for the rest of our lives. If I want spice in my life I won't expect him or anybody else to entertain me, I'd take responsibility for being the one to bring some spice into our lives. That way I also get to maintain control over what kind of spice I want in our lives.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:39 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
But it got hijacked by a couple of bored non-Canadians 2 days ago, so what did you expect? The topic got boring and had to be changed. Mind you, I thought this topic was boring with the very first post.

But if you want to see boring longevity, check this out. This thread listed below about America being bland and boring has been an ongoing boring discussion for 5 whole years!!! Now that is what I call a 100% truly boring conversation and it must need very bored and boring people to continue it if they can't find something less boring to talk about for more than 5 years. So it looks like Canada isn't the only country considered boring by "some people" .

//www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/1505997-america-very-bland-boring-compared-other.html

I'm so bored with this nonsense. Absolutely BORED to tears.

Hey Zoisite, I never argued or thought that America was not boring in general. It is as boring as Canada, too much suburb, density too low, malls and sterile CBDs, even cities are not animated enough, with the only exception of NYC.

I agree it is probably a couple of Americans who started it, but hey, Canadians fall for that every time. If someone started talking about France or Brazil, I am sure Canadians won't engage in 10 pages of heated discussion all excited.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Hey Zoisite, I never argued or thought that America was not boring in general. It is as boring as Canada, ......

I know my dear - my response was not about your comments, just my own commentary on the longevity of that other 5 years long boring topic about America being boring.

Which I agree with you, America is boring too, but I find it so for other reasons than what you state. And I don't find Canada boring. Canada is what I've grown up with and I'm really, truly comfortable with it. It's doing just what I like it to do.

And if I'm not happy with something about it then I'm the one who has to introduce changes for myself, I should not expect other people/countries to make changes for me to conform to my desires.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:14 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
A thread about Canada being boring quickly becomes a discussion about US politics, like usual, a proof that Canada is boring —- people can’t even just talk about Canada and only Canada for more than 5 pages.
The thread was started by an American, so the natural flow of the conversation had already been established.

You should talk. Ever since you've been in Europe, you throw Europe into a lot of threads that aren't about Europe. Mirror anyone?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
The entire thread started already with a comparison between US and Canada so no suprise....

Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Americans are of course enthousiastic ( sic ) about talking about America. However, I don't find Canadian members any less enthousiastic ( sic )at all, more so than talking about Canada itself whenever opportunties avail themselves.
Not sure I see the issue here. People from most countries are enthusiastic about where they live.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Hey Zoisite, I never argued or thought that America was not boring in general. It is as boring as Canada, too much suburb, density too low, malls and sterile CBDs, even cities are not animated enough, with the only exception of NYC.

I agree it is probably a couple of Americans who started it, but hey, Canadians fall for that every time. If someone started talking about France or Brazil, I am sure Canadians won't engage in 10 pages of heated discussion all excited.
Why do you think that is Botti? Think real hard now.

Start a thread bashing France, and see how the French react.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

The thread was started by an American, so the natural flow of the conversation had already been established.

You should talk. Ever since you've been in Europe, you throw Europe into a lot of threads that aren't about Europe. Mirror anyone?
Correction: The thread was started by a bored and boring American, so the natural flow of the conversation had already been established.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada