Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 12:34 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SUY6lhZ2M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 07:11 PM

4,970 posts, read 2,712,589 times
Default Not Boring

Canada is definitely NOT boring. At all. There is so much to see and do in this very large and varied country.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Canada is definitely NOT boring. At all. There is so much to see and do in this very large and varied country.
In fact if one finds Canada boring it might not be about Canada ,maybe the complainant is just a boring person.Life is what you make of it.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:26 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
In fact if one finds Canada boring it might not be about Canada ,maybe the complainant is just a boring person.Life is what you make of it.
^^^This is generally the root cause when someone fusses about something being boring

I don't understand personally how someone can broad brush an entire country as 'boring' anyhow, especially one as large and varied as Canada.

I find Canada interesting and love to visit The part that I want to make my next visit to is Newfoundland/Labrador.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:56 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
^^^This is generally the root cause when someone fusses about something being boring

I don't understand personally how someone can broad brush an entire country as 'boring' anyhow, especially one as large and varied as Canada.

I find Canada interesting and love to visit The part that I want to make my next visit to is Newfoundland/Labrador.
Marie Joseph? I'm I detecting a possibility of some Canadian ancestry?

Bored people are usually boring. As much fun to be around as a teenage believing the whole world is against them

This idea that Canada is boring, probably stems from people who really don't know much about Canada, probably have never been, or been to one place.

People don't hear much about Canada on their own news, so assume nothing is here, nothing is happening and it's just snow and ice.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:15 PM

915 posts, read 1,505,561 times
I've always enjoyed my vacations to Canada.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:49 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
I love Montreal and Quebec City. I'd go back to each 100x if it made sense. Toronto is ok, but everybody should go at least once. The Maritime provinces are beautiful and quite a bit more conservative than the rest of Canada from my own observation. The Canadian Rockies have some breath taking scenery, hardly boring.

There's no place on earth that I have visited that was boring on the first visit. There's always something new and different to see. After a while, some places get routine, but boring is reserved for watching paint dry in my world.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:11 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think Singapore is an exceptional place with exceptional people sharp as tacks and raised up within a great educational system. Plus Singaporeans are blessed with being in a sheltered place where they don't have to think about or prepare for natural disasters because their location doesn't get them. Maybe not having to cope with those kinds of survival issues every year gives them an extra edge and more time to devote to their intellectual pursuits.

Not to totally derail a seemingly wandering thread, but there's a pretty high price paid for that social order. As nice as the benefits are, individualism and non-conformity pay dearly.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:27 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Not to totally derail a seemingly wandering thread, but there's a pretty high price paid for that social order. As nice as the benefits are, individualism and non-conformity pay dearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gkAfqSRtpQ

Old 01-13-2018, 04:15 PM

168 posts, read 194,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
I know right! No flashy cable news on foreign wars, terrorism, mass shootings, or leaders who act like school yard bullies to report on. Just your average everyday news for a small country of 36 million.
Its funny whenever I hear people saying/ calling Canada a quote on quote "Small" Country, especially considering the fact that it has the largest Landmass on Earth & also a bigger Population than almost every Single Major Metropolitan Area on Earth. (Save for Tokyo), & even Tokyo will be surpassed in Population by Canada in/ within the next 3-4 years or so, making it zero @ that point. (& Canada is also larger in Population than about 87% of the World's Countries). It's also the 10th Largest Economy in the World, but yes relative to the US Canada is a "Small" Country but in reality it's actually a very big one & has several Cities/ Metropolitan Areas already that are larger than anywhere between 20-30 Countries or more. To me though/ however a real "Small" Country would be a Country with a Population under 10 Million, realistically this would be "Small" as it would likely even have fewer problems than Canada. (Which is already a pretty placid & peaceful enough place as it is). I think what's fair though is to call Canada a "Medium Sized" Country, most Countries in the World Fall within the Canada Population Range, their are more Countries between 30 to 45 Million in Population total than say 100 Million+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada