U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 01:07 PM

3,698 posts, read 2,771,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ada/101196100/

Lots of people desire to move out - not only to Canada, but also Europe, but most already figured out that's not an easy process.
(and obviously to New Zealand):
US citizens seek to emigrate to New Zealand in record numbers | The Independent

More than 32,000 US citizens immigrated to Germany in 2016.

The first link pretty much confirm there is no exodus, the second link is hogwash.....all I needed to do is read the headline "Applications for citizenship grants rose by 70 percent in 12 weeks following election of President Donald Trump as disaffected liberals seek new life in the Antipodes"

When you emigrate, you do not "apply for citizenship", you apply for a permanent residence visa.....article discredited.

Quote:
Who immigrates to the US? Mostly Third World...

I guess Canada is third world then since it was the 5th largest immigrant group in 2015...ooops!!!

I'm really amused at the nonsense people really believe....

P.S.

By the way I finish reading the article...this is the "exodus" to new Zealand" the author is talking about ...ahahaahahahahah!!!

By the numbers:

Americans applying for New Zealand citizenship by grant:

November 8 2016, to January 31 2017: 170

November 8 2015, to January 31 2016: 100

Americans applying for New Zealand citizenship by descent:

November 8 2016, to January 31 2017: 203

November 8 2015, to January 31 2016: 183

Citizenship-related visits to Department of Internal Affairs website from the US:

November 8 to November 10, 2016: 4,146

October 4 to October 6 2016: 305

Work-visa arrivals from the US:

January 2017: 254

January 2016: 216

Visitor arrivals from the US:

January 2017: 34,240

January 2016: 28,992

Last edited by saturno_v; 12-01-2017 at 01:18 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Liquor is the key to loosening up Canadians.
Actually there was not much liquor involved....at least not that much to make people tipsy...

Old 12-01-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
These people were not all from California. They came from Seattle, Atlanta, Houston, NYC, Delaware, Detroit among other places.

So you met all these people that wanted to move to Canada as soon as they heard you were Canadian...

Quote:
There is more to life than stock markets. Some people are more complex and rounded. They have the ability to see the big picture of what is happening in the US.

No, sorry to break to you but, for the most part, for the general populace there is really not much more than making a good living and your general well being....that and personal freedom....pretty much that's it...."It's the economy stupid"...remember??

Old 12-01-2017, 01:40 PM

7,376 posts, read 7,092,399 times
Who cares if Canada is a little boring. Peace and tranquility is what I prefer. As for the comment about Maritimers being backward....That is cute coming from....You know what, you can go **** yourself.

From the land of excitement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJtmQ5DAU3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMuw2C4qe88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkGla-sYis

Old 12-01-2017, 01:41 PM

52,339 posts, read 74,039,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The first link pretty much confirm there is no exodus, the second link is hogwash.....all I needed to do is read the headline "Applications for citizenship grants rose by 70 percent in 12 weeks following election of President Donald Trump as disaffected liberals seek new life in the Antipodes"

When you emigrate, you do not "apply for citizenship", you apply for a permanent residence visa.....article discredited.

I guess Canada is third world then since it was the 5th largest immigrant group in 2015...ooops!!!
I said "mostly".

Sorry for being off topic - FYI: Where do immigrants to the United States come from? A new Pew report finds that this has been slowly changing over time. In 1992, most legal immigrants came from Latin America and Europe.
Nowadays, they're more likely to come from Asia and Africa. Mexicans are still the largest group with ~27%, India was the next largest country of origin, with close to 6% of all immigrants, followed by China (including Hong Kong but not Taiwan) and the Philippines, at close to 5% each, El Salvador, Vietnam, and Cuba (about 3% each), as well as the Dominican Republic, Korea, and Guatemala (2% each), rounded out the top ten. Together, immigrants from these ten countries represented 58% of the U.S. immigrant population in 2015.
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...-united-states
[/quote]

Now back on topic

Old 12-01-2017, 01:48 PM

17,193 posts, read 12,710,100 times
Quote:
So you met all these people that wanted to move to Canada as soon as they heard you were Canadian...

No, sorry to break to you but, for the most part, for the general populace there is really not much more than making a good living and your general well being....that and personal freedom....pretty much that's it...."It's the economy stupid"...remember??
No. All these people EXPRESSED their desire to move to Canada. Me being Canadian is what prompted their response.

History teaches us, that it is NOT just the economy. You being Italian, should at least understand that bit.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:50 PM

17,193 posts, read 12,710,100 times
Quote:

I'm really amused at the nonsense people really believe....

P.S.

By the way I finish reading the article...this is the "exodus" to new Zealand" the author is talking about ...ahahaahahahahah!!!

By the numbers:

Americans applying for New Zealand citizenship by grant:

November 8 2016, to January 31 2017: 170

November 8 2015, to January 31 2016: 100

Americans applying for New Zealand citizenship by descent:

November 8 2016, to January 31 2017: 203

November 8 2015, to January 31 2016: 183

Citizenship-related visits to Department of Internal Affairs website from the US:

November 8 to November 10, 2016: 4,146

October 4 to October 6 2016: 305

Work-visa arrivals from the US:

January 2017: 254

January 2016: 216

Visitor arrivals from the US:

January 2017: 34,240

January 2016: 28,992
It hasn't been quite a year since bozo took office. The time is coming where Obama's economic policies will no longer have an effect.

If Trump, and that may be a big if, but if Trump is still in power in 2 years, I believe you will see a different picture.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:53 PM

9,019 posts, read 13,184,871 times
Quote:
I said "mostly".

Sorry for being off topic - FYI: Where do immigrants to the United States come from? A new Pew report finds that this has been slowly changing over time. In 1992, most legal immigrants came from Latin America and Europe.
Nowadays, they're more likely to come from Asia and Africa. Mexicans are still the largest group with ~27%, India was the next largest country of origin, with close to 6% of all immigrants, followed by China (including Hong Kong but not Taiwan) and the Philippines, at close to 5% each, El Salvador, Vietnam, and Cuba (about 3% each), as well as the Dominican Republic, Korea, and Guatemala (2% each), rounded out the top ten. Together, immigrants from these ten countries represented 58% of the U.S. immigrant population in 2015.
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...-united-states
Now back on topic [/quote]

I just took offence because everything is all about me.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I said "mostly".

That surprises you?? As economic conditions improve in their countries, people emigrate less.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It hasn't been quite a year since bozo took office. The time is coming where Obama's economic policies will no longer have an effect.

If Trump, and that may be a big if, but if Trump is still in power in 2 years, I believe you will see a different picture.

Obama had no economic policies (nor Trump so far), his biggest accomplishment was the half-assed Obamacare......the US economic re-start was engineered by the Federal Reserve, hopefully with better results in the long run this time...

Trump removal from office, so far, is more fantasy than reality....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada