Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 11:03 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I think we should just go along with it.

He's on a roll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 12:20 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

I can guarantee you that you average Americans has no desire whatsoever to move to Canada (it makes no sense, unless we are talking a specific situation, company transfer/job offer, family reasons, etc...) actually I'm ready to bet that far a higher percentage of Canadians wants to move in the US and not the other way around....and the Americans that wish to move for the freebies (not that many freebies, Canada ain't Europe or Australia) are usually people that cannot make it here as well.
Talk is cheap I know, but I can tell you that having just spent a week in California, I've never heard so much discontent about the state of the US. Without exception, every person who found out I was from Canada, said they WISH they could move. The VAST majority had been to Canada, Vancouver, Whistler, Toronto, Montreal the Maritimes etc, even numerous times.

I was surprised on how much these Americans seemed to know about Canada....Trudeau may be the reason since he gets more coverage in the US that Harper did. Fluff pieces or not.

One guy who I saw over several days, wore a different Canadian themed T-shirt. I assumed he was Canadian...he wasn't. When I asked why the shirts, his response was...it makes me feel better.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Wow. That troll did a heck of a bang up job. Mid-winter malaise must have hit early this year...

AssClown rolls in, says three stupid things, and now everyone is fighting amongst themselves. I'm actually genuinely impressed.
Fighting..naw. Just the usual. Nothing to see here, now move along.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:37 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Talk is cheap I know, but I can tell you that having just spent a week in California, I've never heard so much discontent about the state of the US. Without exception, every person who found out I was from Canada, said they WISH they could move. The VAST majority had been to Canada, Vancouver, Whistler, Toronto, Montreal the Maritimes etc, even numerous times.

I was surprised on how much these Americans seemed to know about Canada....Trudeau may be the reason since he gets more coverage in the US that Harper did. Fluff pieces or not.

One guy who I saw over several days, wore a different Canadian themed T-shirt. I assumed he was Canadian...he wasn't. When I asked why the shirts, his response was...it makes me feel better.

...all the people that you met and told you that probably can move if they want to but they won't...talk is cheap indeed....they will never give up their sunshine.....on top of that they know very little about life in Canada....I have no doubt that you met a lot of people talking like that in California, especially in some circles...

Finally, these people worried about "the state of the US" have not been affected by anything negative.......and enjoying the lowest unemployment in years and a record stock market...

Old 12-01-2017, 12:48 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ada/101196100/

Lots of people desire to move out from USA - not only to Canada, but also Europe, but most already figured out that's not an easy process.
(and obviously to New Zealand):
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7628701.html

More than 32,000 US citizens immigrated to Germany in 2016.

Who immigrates to the USA? Mostly Third World...

Last edited by elnina; 12-01-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ada/101196100/

Lots of people desire to move out from USA - not only to Canada, but also Europe, but most already figured out that's not an easy process.
And obviously to New Zealand:
US citizens seek to emigrate to New Zealand in record numbers | The Independent

Who immigrates to the USA? Mostly Third World...
Hey! Canada is not the third world...only for the winter...which is like nine months of the year...ok...move along...nothing to see here...

Last edited by elnina; 12-01-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 12:54 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
As a note, I had a blast with a bunch of Canadians in Maya Riviera.....loud and funny.....

A couple from Ontario, she loves Trudeau but hate the Ontario premier, the husband is liberal but understands the appeal of Trump in the US, a conservative couple originally from Ontario but moved to the PEI.....he hates Trump with his guts (admitting Hillary was not any better).

Another couple from Vancouver, a semi retired businessman spending their winter between Mexico and a house in California, he is very pro-Trump, she hates him...was funny to see them interact.

Finally a widower from Victoria, no particular political affiliation, he does not like Trudeau

All of them, more or less, with the opinion that Harper was aloof, not that likable but more concrete on policies compared to Trudeau Jr.

We had so much fun and they were playing with a bunch of Americans in the pool and they called me the "fifth columnist" dues to my dual citizenship.....I had really really good time with them.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
As a note, I had a blast with a bunch of Canadians in Maya Riviera.....loud and funny.....

A couple from Ontario, she loves Trudeau but hate the Ontario premier, the husband is liberal but understands the appeal of Trump in the US, a conservative couple originally from Ontario but moved to the PEI.....he hates Trump with his guts (admitting Hillary was not any better).

Another couple from Vancouver, a semi retired businessman spending their winter between Mexico and a house in California, he is very pro-Trump, she hates him...was funny to see them interact.

Finally a widower from Victoria, no particular political affiliation, he does not like Trudeau

All of them, more or less, with the opinion that Harper was aloof, not that likable but more concrete on policies compared to Trudeau Jr.

We had so much fun and they were playing with a bunch of Americans in the pool and they called me the "fifth columnist" dues to my dual citizenship.....I had really really good time with them.
Liquor is the key to loosening up Canadians.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
...all the people that you met and told you that probably can move if they want to but they won't...talk is cheap indeed....they will never give up their sunshine.....on top of that they know very little about life in Canada....I have no doubt that you met a lot of people talking like that in California, especially in some circles...

Finally, these people worried about "the state of the US" have not been affected by anything negative.......and enjoying the lowest unemployment in years and a record stock market...
These people were not all from California. They came from Seattle, Atlanta, Houston, NYC, Delaware, Detroit among other places.

There is more to life than stock markets. Some people are more complex and rounded. They have the ability to see the big picture of what is happening in the US.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
liquor is the key to loosening up canadians.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada