Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:40 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,392,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I was not even thinking of males abusing males. The fact you though makes me wonder if the idea of a women making unwanted advances on a man as unthinkable.
No it is not unthinkable, but statistic shows that it is usually a male. Since this topic is of interest too you it seems interesting you wouldn't know that. This is precisely why men don't come forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 06:39 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
No it is not unthinkable, but statistic shows that it is usually a male. Since this topic is of interest too you it seems interesting you wouldn't know that. This is precisely why men don't come forward.
Regardless if the unwanted advances are from a male or a female, I think men are just expected to 'deal' with it on their own like a 'man'

It isn't right but I really do think that is what many 'expect' a man to do and thus that is why they don't come forward.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:42 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Male body issues are even less talked about. As guys we are not supposed to care about anything. But I swear to god, short guys and fat guys are the most discriminated people on the planet. I see it all the time, Just no one talks about it. Even among gays short men are loathed. There is so many double standards in our society, A female will feel perfectly ok to put a man down or comment on his height and make jokes about it and that is ok. A guy says the same thing to a woman about her weight or looks and he might lose his job. I see this sort of thing at work and when im out all the time. .

Now excuse me I have to get more info on my but lift.....
I think in the gay community if you are short you may not be so much loathed as long as you are short and skinny. There may be assumptions made that if you are short, you may take on a certain role only sexually. Certainly if you are a short, skinny twink (younger lower 20's guy) who is cute, I don't think you are loathed in the gay community lol - they get a lot of free drinks lol.

You are so right though that there are so many double standards. I can hardly fathom a world where people are simply treated and judged based on their deeds and not what they look like.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:41 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Regardless if the unwanted advances are from a male or a female, I think men are just expected to 'deal' with it on their own like a 'man'

It isn't right but I really do think that is what many 'expect' a man to do and thus that is why they don't come forward.
That is what I see.
I created a thread in the Toronto area about this that was sparked but some really gross behaviour I was seeing at a concert I was at.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:22 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,449,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
There are women in Canada,many of whom are quite pretty.
Kim Kardashian is not pretty.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:25 AM

17,116 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Kim Kardashian is not pretty.
She's not "ugly" either... Granted she does look like she's been sculpted from head to toe by a surgeon, which is likely the case, which, I find quite unattractive.
She also looks like she might smell like McDonald's.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:26 AM

Yea. Her name is Justin Bieber.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
She's not "ugly" either... Granted she does look like she's been sculpted from head to toe by a surgeon, which is likely the case, which, I find quite unattractive.
She also looks like she might smell like McDonald's.
I think she's ugly lol. Her personality doesn't help but she's got a narrow shaped face, it's weird. She looks like a fish made of wax.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post

That is what I said a page back.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
For some strange reason it is usually assumed men are always okay with and want sexual contact.
Yeah this is another good example of a double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada