Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 10:38 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times

Advertisements

If you don't already smoke, will you try it? I read some where that people will be allowed to grow up to four plants at home. I already know a few people that say they would like grow their own plant once it becomes legal to do so. Is that something you would do? I personally will not smoke as I don't like putting any smoke in my lungs, but I might try some edibles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
As I've posted before, I only tried it 20 years ago due to a painful condition that prescription drugs didn't touch. I smoked and it gave me an awful migraine and never touched the pain. But when it is legal, providing it doesn't interfere with medication I am already taking, i might try it. I had such a negative experience 20 years ago that I found it hard to believe anyone else could find anything pleasurable about it and yet they clearly do. So I thought maybe there was something wrong with the marijuana I had and I would like to do a "scientific" experiment.

But I've never even enjoyed alcohol much so I can't see this becoming a habit but more of a one time thing.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
If you don't already smoke, will you try it? I read some where that people will be allowed to grow up to four plants at home. I already know a few people that say they would like grow their own plant once it becomes legal to do so. Is that something you would do? I personally will not smoke as I don't like putting any smoke in my lungs, but I might try some edibles.
I'm not a smoker and I really dislike the smell of pot when it is smoked. That's not to say I haven't had a few tokes over the years I live on the coast after all !!!

However, I've never been a big pot smoker or eater. I've never even bought any. Not for moral reasons, it's just never been my thing.

I did have an edible years ago. Darn cookie knocked me off my feet, and I had to lay down, with the room spinning. Not fun.

That said, once it becomes legal, my partner has expressed perhaps trying an edible that isn't so strong. We probably will, but my guess is that after trying it, I'll realize, I'd rather have a few beer or a good glass of wine or two.

We will not be growing our own.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
While i smoked a lot in my younger days the appeal of smoking is no longer, kids and marriage seemed to fill the void that smoking once filled. Also i spent many years ridding myself of tobacco addiction i'm not likely to tempt latent/dormant addictions by smoking pot.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:32 AM

3,866 posts, read 5,290,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I'm not a smoker and I really dislike the smell of pot when it is smoked. That's not to say I haven't had a few tokes over the years I live on the coast after all !!!

However, I've never been a big pot smoker or eater. I've never even bought any. Not for moral reasons, it's just never been my thing.

I did have an edible years ago. Darn cookie knocked me off my feet, and I had to lay down, with the room spinning. Not fun.

That said, once it becomes legal, my partner has expressed perhaps trying an edible that isn't so strong. We probably will, but my guess is that after trying it, I'll realize, I'd rather have a few beer or a good glass of wine or two.

We will not be growing our own.
Or you will enjoy that edible with a glass of wine or beer instead

Old 02-23-2018, 11:43 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
I might grow one or two plants but only if I have a safe and secure place to grow it outdoors in big containers and a proper drying/curing shed outdoors. Speaking from previous experience there is no way I'd grow it indoors, it's way too much hassle and expense. It reeks to high heavens and stinks up the indoors and it needs fans going 24/7 to provide circulation. Indoor grown attracts spider mites, fungus gnats and mildew from all the stars and planets in outer space and has to be kept totally quarantined away from regular houseplants or risk losing them also to said mites/mildew. And it just plain isn't natural or healthy for those kinds of plants to be force-grown indoors under artificial light. They beg and scream for real sunlight and fresh air. Plus add to that, the end product from cannabis plants that are grown outdoors under natural light and growing conditions over the course of a few months (instead of being forced grown over a few weeks indoors) does not smell or taste as bad as indoor grown, the smoke is not as harsh and the overall desired effects are more gentle and mellow. No headaches, no paranoia, no unpleasant changes in blood pressure. And yada yada yada. If you're going to grow it do it outdoors.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:43 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Or you will enjoy that edible with a glass of wine or beer instead
Never thought of that....hmmmm.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:25 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Last year my condo corp. expanded its smoking ban to include marijuana and that’s fine with me. I have no interest in smoking anything. Edibles or oils as an alternative to prescription drugs might interest me at some future time. Unfortunately there has been very little good quality research on the benefits of medical marijuana:

Research lacking on medical marijuana, new prescription guideline suggests - CBC News

I did read another article last year in the Globe & Mail about how seniors are turning to marijuana for relief from chronic pain:

Seniors turning to cannabis for relief – and businesses are all in

This second article makes an interesting point though:

Quote:
Patients with specific health problems may need access to hundreds of distinct cannabis species, and different ratios of CBD to THC, before they find something that works, he said. "Unfortunately, the licensed producers just don't have the selection that people need or want."

Old 02-23-2018, 06:05 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Even though it is 'illegal' and has been for some time, it never really stopped me from trying it the odd time and if I liked it, I would have done so regardless of legality. It is so common and so many people do it anyway and very easy to get a stash. Like you though, I'm not a smoker and don't like any smoke so the change in legality will not change anything for me other than yeah, I may try some edibles - just not on the job lol..

Confidential police report reveals new details about officers who allegedly ate pot edibles on duty - Toronto - CBC News

Old 02-23-2018, 06:15 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Doesn't really hold any mystery to me. Never done it, never really wanted to. Won't now, as it's still a violation of company policy.

You want your free Million $ idea, come up with a way to test someone under the influence of pot, not just if it's in their system. A potalyzer if you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada